Windows 10: Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 7 and Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10 Technical Preview - Softpedia Does this mean that all users can upgrade, now? 3770 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10

Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 & 7 Homegroup compatibility

Windows 7 computer (main) will not network with Windows 10 laptop after upgrade. Windows 7 now cannot join or leave the Windows 10 &8 Homegroup of computers. Can Windows 10 network with Windows 7 computers?

BobPrewitt4, Jan 25, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    Opting out of Windows 10

How to manage Windows 10 notification and upgrade options

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

How To Remove Windows 10 Upgrade Notification On Windows 7 And Windows 8

How To Remove Windows 10 Upgrade Notification On Windows 7 And Windows 8 - MSPoweruser

How to Get Rid of Windows 10 Upgrade Notification in Windows 7 & 8

How to Get Rid of Windows 10 Upgrade Notification in Windows 7 & 8

Disabling the Windows 10 Upgrade Notification

Disabling the Windows 10 Upgrade Notification

cancel windows 8.1 upgrade not9ification - Recherche Google

Linney, Jan 25, 2015
  4. richc46 Win User

Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10

Yes, but remember, this is not the final version. There will be bugs, problems and other uncertainties. In addition MS will monitor your key strokes to uncover problems. You would not want to use the OS for anything that was personal or confidential. You may double boot or use 10 in a VM and keep your other OS.

richc46, Jan 25, 2015
  5. Okay. Well, I use mine for personal use. I just hate waiting.

Now, can you or someone look at this link https://gigaom.com/2015/01/26/got-a-...e-some-effort/? I have an Acer. Is it considered a low-cost laptop?

6. richc46 Win User
    richc46, Jan 25, 2015
  7. I ran the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant. Supposedly, Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 have nearly identical requirements. I will upload my Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant results, and let you all have a look.

8. Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10

Here is the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant. Again, supposedly Windows 10 will have nearly identical requirements as Windows 8.1.

Windows 8_1 Upgrade Assistant.zip

9. Dude Win User
    Okay. Well, I use mine for personal use. I just hate waiting.

Now, can you or someone look at this link https://gigaom.com/2015/01/26/got-a-...e-some-effort/? I have an Acer. Is it considered a low-cost laptop? You have asked this same question in numerous threads. Yes, you have to wait! No one knows the final version requirements until we get it. Relax and enjoy the preview, you will be fine.

10. I am sorry about that Dude. Should I try out the Preview then? This is a personal computer. I hope I am not upsetting you.

11. Dude Win User
    Not at all Jesse, the choice is yours. Read the tutorials, try a virtual version, or dual boot. It's your choice. I did not mean to offend you.

12. Do you mind checking out my 8.1 upgrade assistant file that I uploaded to see if my system is compatible with 10 and the 10 technical preview?

13. AddRAM Win User

If your pc can run 8.1 it can run 10.

AddRAM, Jan 25, 2015
  14. It said it can. Just a little bit nervous about installing the preview. I don't know whether to install on my machine, in a virtual box, or dual boot. If install it in a virtual box, supposedly it will take up hard drive space, if install it on my system, I am afraid it might crash my system, and I really don't like the idea of installing it by dual boot, because I don't like running 2 operating systems on my system. Need help here, as I am confused.

15. DavidY Win User
    That article is highlighting an issue with computers where a technology called WIMBoot (or Windows Image File Boot) has been used to free up as much space as possible on computers with small disk drives (usually solid state drives).

There is info on this link which would let you find out if this applies to your computer:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn631790.aspx

DavidY, Jan 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Users Upgrade

2. Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users: Thanks to a new server-side change, which is still rolling out, you can now directly upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 from Windows 10. Previously, some users were offered Windows 11 22H2 when they checked updates on Windows 10. As a result, those users were forced to download...
  3. Microsoft is pestering Windows 10 users with full-screen pop-ups to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is pestering Windows 10 users with full-screen pop-ups to upgrade to Windows 11: Microsoft is displaying a full-screen pop-up on Windows 10, to prompt users to upgrade to Windows 11. This is not the first time it has employed this strategy to try and attract users to move to the newer operating system. Microsoft is resorting to pop-ups again to tell...
  4. They took away Cortana from Windows 10 users, but my PC isn't eligible to upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    They took away Cortana from Windows 10 users, but my PC isn't eligible to upgrade to...: I don't have the money to shell out 2 grand for a new system, and my current PC cannot run Windows 11. This is what happens when companies are greedy and try to FORCE customers to upgrade....
  5. They took away Cortana from Windows 10 users, but my PC isn't eligible to upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    They took away Cortana from Windows 10 users, but my PC isn't eligible to upgrade to...: I don't have the money to shell out 2 grand for a new system, and my current PC cannot run Windows 11. This is what happens when companies are greedy and try to FORCE customers to upgrade....
  6. They took away Cortana from Windows 10 users, but my PC isn't eligible to upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version: Hello,We are currently using windows server 2012 r2 and we have 50 user CALS already in use on the server. We are going to be upgrading to windows server 2022 and my question is; if we are keeping the existing hardware and only upgrading the OS version are the user CALS still...
  8. User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version: Hello,We are currently using windows server 2012 r2 and we have 50 user CALS already in use on the server. We are going to be upgrading to windows server 2022 and my question is; if we are keeping the existing hardware and only upgrading the OS version are the user CALS still...
  9. Some settings blocked 23H2 upgrade! Hosts file? Non-admin user? Isolation core?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some settings blocked 23H2 upgrade! Hosts file? Non-admin user? Isolation core?...: Hi everyone, it happened that my system was not eligible for the 23H2 upgrade. Windows Update said to do nothing and to wait for the update to be available, but the "More information" link took me to a web page which warned that some unspecified "blocks" were preventing the...
  10. Some settings blocked 23H2 upgrade! Hosts file? Non-admin user? Isolation core?...

Some settings blocked 23H2 upgrade! Hosts file? Non-admin user? Isolation core?...: Hi everyone, it happened that my system was not eligible for the 23H2 upgrade. Windows Update said to do nothing and to wait for the update to be available, but the "More information" link took me to a web page which warned that some unspecified "blocks" were preventing the...