Windows 10: Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to...

Discus and support Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Windows Explorer I'm trying the Navigation Pane again. I forgot that it has this bizarre habit of moving downwards in the column the opposite of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bob Is Interested, May 17, 2022.

1. Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to...

In Windows Explorer I'm trying the Navigation Pane again. I forgot that it has this bizarre habit of moving downwards in the column the opposite of what any thinking person would want! when expanding a folder by hitting the right arrow key. Is there any way of stopping this insanity? Its jumping around all the time making navigation a horrendous hassle. Also, when you scroll down it would be far smarter to have the column move, not the highlight on the column. Otherwise its going to move to the bottom always so you only see what you've already eliminated - totally self defeating. You w

:)

Bob Is Interested, May 17, 2022
  2. tdas777 Win User

Windows explorer - How to disable navigation pane auto scroll

Hi,

The issue I'm facing in my work laptop (Windows 10) and in personal laptop (Windows 8.1 update1).

Due to restriction, I'm using screenshot from my personal laptop; but the issue is exactly same.

This seems to be windows explorer bug, was present in Win 7, then in 8 and now in 10. It's very irritating.

For example, I opened windows explorer. The navigation pane is normal.

Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to... [​IMG]

I clicked "#Downloads" in navigation pane. The folder opened in right side, in the actual window.

Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to... [​IMG]

Then I double clicked the "Images" folder in actual window, and navigation pane selection scrolled to the "This PC" area.
    But I have not clicked anything in the navigation pane.

So, to use the pinned/favorite folders from navigation pane, again need to be scrolled up.

The setting as suggested in many forums, is exactly same:

Is there any way to stop this current behavior of windows explorer?

tdas777, May 17, 2022
  3. OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer. But now, I set the Group Policy back to NOT CONFIGURED, rebooted the machine and the OneDrive is still missing from the the left side of the Windows File Explorer navigation pane as shown in my image. I even performed the command GPUPDATE /FORCE.

My laptop is a standalone, not part of a Domain.

I tried all the things listed from the article below but with no luck. I also was able to sign in with my OneDrive account and that was all fine and OneDrive appeared on the File Explorer pane. But once I UNLINKED my account from OneDrive, the OneDrive was still missing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-b74545c7f4da

Even if no Group Policies are set, and even NOT signing into OneDrive, by default, the OneDrive icon should still appear on the left side navigation pane when launching Windows File Explorer.

And suggestions?

My guess is to recreate my user profile, but I don't really want to do that now.

win10freak, May 17, 2022
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to...

Windows 7 Preview Pane

I'm not sure about the window pane view but, I think Xvid is causing WMP to crash. Find the most recent Xvid codec release and install that, as it should stop WMP crashing.

CoverterLite probably installed a dodgy version of Xvid.

DRDNA, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to...

1. Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to... - Similar Threads - Explorer Navigation Pane

2. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  3. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  4. Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Windows Explorer Navigation Pane: Is there any way of stopping it from moving to...: In Windows Explorer I'm trying the Navigation Pane again. I forgot that it has this bizarre habit of moving downwards in the column the opposite of what any thinking person would want! when expanding a folder by hitting the right arrow key. Is there any way of stopping this...
  5. WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.: I'm baffled by WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane. This morning I had a "Picture" folder - appearing under "This PC" and "Local Disk C" - located in C/User/Bill. I then set my picture folder to backup to OneDrive. Suddenly my "Picture" folder has been put in a...
  6. Windows explorer problem - navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer problem - navigation pane: When I opened a folder in Win7 by using a shortcut, the folder was always shown at the top of the navigation pane, so its subfolders were visible below it, and immediately available to open with just a click. In Windows 10, it behaves differently, with the open folder shown...
  7. OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane: When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer....
  8. OneDrive still missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive still missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane: When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the File Explorer éaft side navigation pane. But now, I set...
  9. Windows explorer navigation pane jumping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer navigation pane jumping: The navigation pane in Windows explorer jumps to the opened folder although the Open File Explorer function is set to Quick Access in the General tab and the Expand to Open Folder option in the View tab is not checked. I have seen this issue come up elsewhere but none of...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order: Hey there, I'm trying to find out, if there is any way to rearrange the order of items in the Windows 10 explorer's navigation pane (the one on the left hand side). Currently, the "Quick Access" list is on top, followed by "OneDrive" and "This PC" is the last one. I'd like...