Windows 10: Windows 7 won’t install on Disk Drive

Discus and support Windows 7 won’t install on Disk Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I Have a 32GB dell Inspiron 14 that has only 2GB of ram that does not have any operating system and I wanted to put Windows 7 on it because it does no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arj_864, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Arj_864 Win User

Windows 7 won’t install on Disk Drive

I Have a 32GB dell Inspiron 14 that has only 2GB of ram that does not have any operating system and I wanted to put Windows 7 on it because it does no require that much ram and might work faster.I have a usb that has the windows 7 setup but it is not working and saying there is “No device drivers were found Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK. Is there any file on Windows 7 installation media You can give me?

:)

Arj_864, Nov 30, 2023
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Jstn7477 Win User

Windows 7 won't install on Velociraptor

As a couple other members mentioned, you probably need to take your board's SATA controllers out of RAID mode and put them in AHCI mode if you were using RAID with your SSDs. Windows 7 should ship with some basic AHCI drivers that work with X58 since that platform came out over a year earlier than the OS. If you run the Windows 7 setup and get to the screen listing the drives and your drive either isn't listed or you immediately get an error when you click the next button on that screen, that is probably the reason.

Jstn7477, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 7 won’t install on Disk Drive - Similar Threads - won’t install Disk

2. Windows 7 won’t install on Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 won’t install on Disk Drive: I Have a 32GB dell Inspiron 14 that has only 2GB of ram that does not have any operating system and I wanted to put Windows 7 on it because it does no require that much ram and might work faster.I have a usb that has the windows 7 setup but it is not working and saying there...
  3. Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation: I’m going to try to be as detailed as possible here. I know I made some mistakes along the way so I would like to both fix those issues as well as use the upgraded storage. Here I go. I recently got a new SSD, that’s not the important part, I put that into my laptop and all...
  4. Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation: I’m going to try to be as detailed as possible here. I know I made some mistakes along the way so I would like to both fix those issues as well as use the upgraded storage. Here I go. I recently got a new SSD, that’s not the important part, I put that into my laptop and all...
  5. Windows won’t install to any drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t install to any drives?: After my initial windows file corrupted, my friend and I tried to reinstall windows via a USB. However, windows won’t install to any drives. After screwing around in diskpart, we couldn’t bring my SSD back online(windows kept saying it was offline). Then, when we tried it on...
  6. Disk won’t convert

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk won’t convert: [IMG]Im trying to convert my disk so i can download windows and it gives me this message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-wont-convert/d86ebf78-3268-46b6-9288-840b429f6902
  7. Windows won’t install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won’t install: Ok so i had to rest my dell xps 13 to factory settings all was going well until i got to the install windows part somehow my laptop got turned off i got s message saying there was an error click ok to restart computer and restart installing windows i did this a frw times but...
  8. Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.: Im trying to install windows 10 onto my pc which doesnt have an opperating system at the moment. I have a windows 10 disk that i’ve been trying to use to install windows 10 onto it. Whenever I put the disk into the drive, it doesn’t recognize the disk. I can boot the pc using...
  9. Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows

Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows: I have a computer where the power went out while it was rebooting. I couldn’t fix it for months, so I used my Windows USB drive to try and redownload Windows and cleared all the partitions, so my computer should be completely blank. Except every time I try to reinstall...
  10. Partition hard drive to install Windows 7

Partition hard drive to install Windows 7: Hello all, I've already upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop PC, and there were no issues with the upgrade. However, I work from home and my work has informed me that they won't accept Windows 10, they will only accept 7 or 8.1 as their operating system (they also only...