Windows 10: Windows 8.1 64 DEFENDER TURNS OFF DURING SCAN ! shut shuts turning turned

Discus and support Windows 8.1 64 DEFENDER TURNS OFF DURING SCAN ! shut shuts turning turned in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 8.1 64 16 GB RAM (2 sticks vengeance ddr3) Intel i7-4790K (Not overclocked and won't be) Motherboard GIGABYTE Z97-HD3 LGA 1150 rev 2.0 GeForce... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xexe2, Mar 19, 2019.

1. xexe2 Win User

Windows 8.1 64 DEFENDER TURNS OFF DURING SCAN ! shut shuts turning turned

Windows 8.1 64
    16 GB RAM (2 sticks vengeance ddr3)
    Intel i7-4790K (Not overclocked and won't be)
    Motherboard GIGABYTE Z97-HD3 LGA 1150 rev 2.0
    GeForce GTX 1050ti not overclocked
    PSU: EVGA supernova 650 Watt G2 80 plus Gold. I'd love to smash this computer over someone's head but the computer is too imporatant to me.

Starting last night, towards end of a scan it turned itself off and goes to all red borders. While tinkering with things today I am using Quick scan to test and Defender turns off towards the end of a quick scan in about 30 seconds. If I do full scan today (which normally takes about 30 mins) it turns Off in about 30 seconds.

I click Turn Defender back On and it takes about 30 seconds and does turn back on but repeats problem when I scan.

I have spybot and defender installed. never had an issue with them for years.

About 8 weeks ago I downloaded malwarebytes first time ever. Scans showed no threats and I recently uninstalled it about a week ago. I uninstalled it in control panel and it said sucessful. The problem I'm facing usually indicates conflict of multiple AV progs but I uninstalled malwarebytes fully in control panel.

In Action Center, my security tab = Defender IS On, some mention it might not be selected On after using other AV progs but it is.

I ran sfc /scannow. See black image.

I reinstalled malwarebytes just today in order to re-uninstall it. I ran a scan first which was clean, and then uninstalled it but still problem.

I defragged SSD drive but no help.

I ran Disk Cleanup in control panel Administrative tools. See pictures. I don't know if selecting and deleting those will fix or worsen computer.

I de-selected in Defender to Scan Archive files but it doesn't fix.
    "...MSE is having problems with large compressed/zipped archive files due to the fact that MSE needs to open these in memory to scan them..."
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g-a-full/c9d05261-954d-4f37-8478-2158d3c11c4c

I think there IS something wrong with the RAM/Memory because I have a separate problem where the PC has been giving bluescreen every 2 months or so with error codes that suggests RAM problem. And also not waking from sleep happens quite often: still unsolved: very much willing to just buy new memory if that's the likely the cause:
    https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/ram-changed-slots-fixed-reboot-loop-but.3429712/

I did this:
    In Run dialog box, type 'services.msc' and hit enter. In Services, search for 'Security Center'. Right click on 'Security Center' and click on 'Restart'.
    And I also restarted the PC before trying to scan again but it didn't fix it.

I'm ready to snap.

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/MIe10oY.jpg)

:)

xexe2, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Kordi Win User

Turning on/shutting down issue

Hello,
    I cannot turn on my PC at all until I unplug something, like when I try to turn it on it doesn't work, I unplug the Display port then I turn it on and after it turns on I replug it.
    I also have problems with shutting down, I sit the pc down from Windows and it shows me the "shutting down" thing and then it suddenly shuts off like it's been unplugged from the wall.
    I have my AC, phone, monitor, router and PC.
    And I'm using some extensions and adapters because the wall plug is pretty far.
    By the way I replaced my Mobo CPU, ram and GPU because the previous build had other problems.
    System Builder - Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB FTW DT GAMING ACX 3.0, S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker
    Thanks in advance.

Kordi, Mar 19, 2019
  3. PC turns on for a split second then shuts off

When I hit the power button my rig turns on then shuts off less than a second later. All my fans spin then it shuts off then tries to turn on again but does the same thing. Im thinking its my psu but I dont want to jump to anything yet.

ShadowFold, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Merliah Win User

Computer is shutting down immediately after turning it on?

This has started to happen recently and I'm worried. It does not happen always but this week it happened more often. Basically when I am turning my computer on, after a beep it's shutting down. With the second time it turns on and it does not list that my computer shut down suddenly, so to get me into safe mode, etc. but it boots normally.

I am not sure what the problem is. I removed an additional small fan I had, since I always had it there in the usb, so I thought it could be causing it, but I removed it. I decided to replace my power adapter, since other times I had problem with that & usually they are heating a lot. I bought a cheaper adapter & still the same. I also noticed that this problem usually happens when I turn on my computer after hours. I tried to turn on/turn off my computer between minutes and it did not happen.

Could it be dust? The CPU? I just hope there isn't any problem with the motherboard.

Merliah, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 8.1 64 DEFENDER TURNS OFF DURING SCAN ! shut shuts turning turned - Similar Threads - DEFENDER TURNS OFF

2. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge: I was on my laptop when suddenly a heard a loud click, almost like when you manual would turn it off with the power button, and then it completely shut off. I tried turning it back on, I tried waiting a few hours to try again and nothing. I tried to charge it but the light...
  3. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge: I was on my laptop when suddenly a heard a loud click, almost like when you manual would turn it off with the power button, and then it completely shut off. I tried turning it back on, I tried waiting a few hours to try again and nothing. I tried to charge it but the light...
  4. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender: Split from this thread.I was advised by Norton 360 to turn off "Periodic Scanning": unfortunately the paths in this article do not seem to exist in my Windows 10 installation old, but up-to-date with all required updates. There is NO selection for "Windows Defender". Advice,...
  6. Computer shuts off then will turn on right after

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shuts off then will turn on right after: Hi, I recently upgraded my computer. I replaced all parts except my GPU and the case. The issue I have is my computer will shut off and turn back on. I did the rebuild about 3 weeks ago. There are days where it won't shut down at all, then there are times it will shut off...
  7. Computer turning off after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  8. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  9. Turn off forced shut off after updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off forced shut off after updates?: How can one turn off the forced (planned) shut offs after Win updates? 43087
  10. Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly: So ever since I updated operating system to Windows 10, my HP Pavilion computer has been shutting down with no warning. And now my computer won't even turn on. My desktop does not overheat, the CPU and the Memory does not go over 50%, have not installed any new programs...