Windows 10: Windows 8.1 bios key to Windows 10 new drive OK?

Discus and support Windows 8.1 bios key to Windows 10 new drive OK? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Picking up Dell Latitude with a BIOS key Win 8.1 Pro. Installing Windows 10 from media on new drive, will it activate Windows 10 still? 141674 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cognus, Oct 2, 2019.

1. cognus Win User

Windows 8.1 bios key to Windows 10 new drive OK?

Picking up Dell Latitude with a BIOS key Win 8.1 Pro. Installing Windows 10 from media on new drive, will it activate Windows 10 still?

:)

cognus, Oct 2, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Windows 8.1 bios key to Windows 10 new drive OK?

windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 8.1 bios key to Windows 10 new drive OK?

1. Windows 8.1 bios key to Windows 10 new drive OK? - Similar Threads - bios key drive

2. Windows Vista Key on Windows 8, 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista Key on Windows 8, 10: Does the Vista product key work on Windows 8 or 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-vista-key-on-windows-8-10/2ec28c77-5051-4217-b99b-e68515822c60
  3. Windows Vista Key on Windows 8, 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista Key on Windows 8, 10: Does the Vista product key work on Windows 8 or 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-vista-key-on-windows-8-10/2ec28c77-5051-4217-b99b-e68515822c60
  4. Windows 10 on the new PC own a Windows 8 with key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on the new PC own a Windows 8 with key: BACKGROUNDBought in it's time a Windows 8 with key directly from microsoftThen upgraded for free to Windows 10 proCurrent activation status : Windows is activated with digital License WHAT I Would likeI would like a completely clean installation of Windows 10 pro on my...
  5. Laptop in Bios Windows 8 or 10 play on it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop in Bios Windows 8 or 10 play on it?: Hello, here's the problem: My laptop is in the Bios and I can't leave it when I get a message that I should play Windows on it. On the back of my laptop it says that it first had Windows 8 on it. When I used it I updated it to Windows 10. Now I'm wondering; do I need to...
  6. Transferring windows 10 to a new PC using a windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring windows 10 to a new PC using a windows 8 key: So I've got windows 10 on my PC currently, which was installed using a windows 8 key then upgraded for free. I'm planning to build a new PC and wanted to know if I could uninstall windows from my current PC and install it on the new PC using the windows 8 key I purchased...
  7. Windows 8 Key

Windows 8 Key: I have a chance to get a standard version of a Windows 8 key but I have windows 10 installed on my PC. Windows 10 doesn't have any product key associated with it. Can I use a Windows 8 key to activate Windows 10?...
  8. Bitdefender Windows 8 Security A-OK

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender Windows 8 Security A-OK: Bitdefender Windows 8 Security installed and running fine in b9879; fully recognized in Security & Maintenance. Custom user profile, everything cranked up to aggressive, paranoid, notify/ask. I'll try something else when this trial expires - 29 days to go... 3287
  9. Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key

Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key: Hello Everyone, So the past two evenings have been an absolute nightmare trying to get Windows 10 re-installed on my computer. Here's a little background: I currently possess a Windows 8.0 key. I previously had upgraded to Windows 8.1 and then in August upgraded to...
  10. Windows 8 license key on Windows 10

Windows 8 license key on Windows 10: I have Windows 10 on my computer. Is it possible to activate Windows 10 With an unused Windows 8.1 key? Or do i have to downgrade to Windows 8.1, activate it and then upgrade to Windows 10 again? Thanks for replying *Smile 12304