Windows 10: Windows 8.1 Calculator Install Script

Discus and support Windows 8.1 Calculator Install Script in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Made a little script to install the old Win32 style calculator from Windows 8.1. Maybe someone will find it useful. *Smile While the batch file does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Quad5Ny, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Quad5Ny Win User

Windows 8.1 Calculator Install Script

Made a little script to install the old Win32 style calculator from Windows 8.1. Maybe someone will find it useful. *Smile

While the batch file does not overwrite any system files, it does change the keyboard calculator button to open the 8.1 app (comment out the "reg add" line to disable that).

See attachment for calculator executables.

Code: cd /d %~dp0 set MUI64="%SystemRoot%\System32\en-US\calc32.exe.mui" set MUI32="%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\en-US\calc32.exe.mui" set CALC64="%SystemRoot%\System32\calc32.exe" set CALC32="%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\calc32.exe" copy calc32.exe.mui %MUI64% copy calc32.exe.mui %MUI32% copy calc32_x64.exe %CALC64% copy calc32_x32.exe %CALC32% reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AppKey\18 /v ShellExecute /t REG_SZ /d calc32.exe /f set SCRIPT="%temp%\%RANDOM%.vbs" echo Set oWS = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") >> %SCRIPT% echo sLinkFile = "%SystemRoot%\..\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Calculator (Classic).lnk" >> %SCRIPT% echo Set oLink = oWS.CreateShortcut(sLinkFile) >> %SCRIPT% echo oLink.TargetPath = "%windir%\system32\calc32.exe" >> %SCRIPT% echo oLink.WorkingDirectory = "" >> %SCRIPT% echo oLink.Description = "Performs basic arithmetic tasks with an on-screen calculator." >> %SCRIPT% echo oLink.IconLocation = "%windir%\system32\calc32.exe" >> %SCRIPT% echo oLink.Save >> %SCRIPT% cscript /nologo %SCRIPT% del %SCRIPT% icacls "%SystemRoot%\..\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Calculator (Classic).lnk" /setowner "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" icacls %MUI64% /grant "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGESWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %MUI64% /grant "BUILTIN\UsersWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %MUI64% /grant "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %MUI64% /grant "BUILTIN\AdministratorsWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %MUI64% /grant "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstallerWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(F)" icacls %MUI64% /setowner "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller" icacls %MUI64% /inheritance:r icacls %MUI32% /grant "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGESWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %MUI32% /grant "BUILTIN\UsersWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %MUI32% /grant "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %MUI32% /grant "BUILTIN\AdministratorsWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %MUI32% /grant "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstallerWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(F)" icacls %MUI32% /setowner "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller" icacls %MUI32% /inheritance:r icacls %CALC64% /grant "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGESWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %CALC64% /grant "BUILTIN\UsersWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %CALC64% /grant "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %CALC64% /grant "BUILTIN\AdministratorsWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %CALC64% /grant "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstallerWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(F)" icacls %CALC64% /setowner "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller" icacls %CALC64% /inheritance:r icacls %CALC32% /grant "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGESWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %CALC32% /grant "BUILTIN\UsersWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %CALC32% /grant "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %CALC32% /grant "BUILTIN\AdministratorsWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(RX)" icacls %CALC32% /grant "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstallerWindows 8.1 Calculator Install Script :(F)" icacls %CALC32% /setowner "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller" icacls %CALC32% /inheritance:r[/quote]

:)

Quad5Ny, Jul 31, 2015

2. Where are stored the settings of the Windows 10 Calculator?

I want to make a script for configuring my system and I need to know where are stored the settings of the new calculator of Windows 10.

SilverbergMathiu, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Calculator app focus fail

I was having the exact same problems and I finally solved them by creating some script files.

Instead of running the calculator use Microsoft Keyboard center to run CalculatorRun.vbs from the files here.

Copy all 3 files to a folder on your computer and set the calculator key to execute CalculatorRun.vbs

These scripts have the following benefits:

1. Tested with Microsoft Keyboard center

2. If calculator is not running a new instance starts

3. If calculator is running it is brought to front

4. No flashing start menu as with macro

Drawbacks:

1. When you exit the calculator it takes 1-4 seconds to quit. During this period pressing the calculator button on the keyboard will do nothing for these few seconds.

2. If you minimize the calculator you need to click on the taskbar to restore it

3. In some cases with the single instance version the calculator will not start because it is running in the background by windows. My only solution (currently) in this case is to start the calculator from the start menu or kill the background process from
    task manager.

Alternatively get these script files which start a new calculator after killing the existing one if it is running (in the background or
    foregroung). Actually I think that this last solution works best for me. You only lose the calculation history with this one but it always works in the single instance case.

Enjoy!

Note: If you like to start multiple instances of the calculator get these files instead from here.

Christina Nancy Komninou, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Ah, good ole calc.

In return of your kind gesture, I leave you with this.

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 8.1 Calculator Install Script - Similar Threads - Calculator Install Script

2. Cannot install windows calculator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot install windows calculator: I don't have Windows standard calculator. When I go to app store to install it, just says "Error has occurred" and I can't install calculator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-windows-calculator/2506bdad-fbe6-4620-afcc-c6d80728f9cd
  3. Cannot install windows calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install windows calculator: I don't have Windows standard calculator. When I go to app store to install it, just says "Error has occurred" and I can't install calculator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-windows-calculator/2506bdad-fbe6-4620-afcc-c6d80728f9cd
  4. Cannot install windows calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install script: I am trying to install an application on a computer using powershell. Basically just running a script that will install the program, require a reboot, and be able to be accessed. I've done research on it and all I can find is going through powershell, changing directories to...
  6. Installation of Windows 8

Installation of Windows 8: I’m trying to install windows 8.1 on a Windows 7 computer and I don’t have a product key for it and it’s asking me for product key so I’m using a product key that is from the Internet and it has zeros or o in it and I don’t know how to put them in because it doesn’t support...
  7. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  8. Error code: 1-8

Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  9. Script to change windows setting with 1 click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Script to change windows setting with 1 click?: [ATTACH] Hi, i'm doing something with my monitor, on where i need to quickly change the refresh rate from 120hz to 60hz, the problem is that, is kind of tedious to do, cause i'm on a laptop, so i need to go to the device settings. Is there any way to create a screen or a...
  10. Windows Script Component [1, 1] Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Script Component [1, 1] Error: [ATTACH]Of late I have been getting this type of error whenever I start my laptop. I've tried to scan and remove any unwanted or corrupted files using sfc/snannow several times but it doesn't seem to remove this error. I check the Windows Updates but they are all up to date....