Windows 10: Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.

Discus and support Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I was trying to dualboot Windows 8.1 and windows 11. Windows 11 worked fine but when I dualbooted Windows 8.1 everything worked fine until there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JPSplash, Jun 9, 2023.

1. JPSplash Win User

Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.

So I was trying to dualboot Windows 8.1 and windows 11. Windows 11 worked fine but when I dualbooted Windows 8.1 everything worked fine until there was some screen which I don't remember that removed my cursor. I managed to bypass it by spamming Enter but soon I couldn't since on the Personalization section it said I had to put in a PC name. I tried booting back to Windows 11 but it didn't give me the option and booted right back to the Personalisation section. I know I didn't overwrite the partition. Does anyone know how I can get my cursor back? Unfortunately I do not currently have an optic

:)

JPSplash, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 9, 2023
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Cursor animations sometimes working.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you are using a Custom mouse cursor. Ideally, the animation of the cursor depends on the action that you are performing using the mouse. You can try removing the cursor, re-add it and check if the animations work fine. Please follow the
    steps mentioned below to remove the cursor:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      view by.
    4. Click on Mouse, and click on
      Pointers
      tab.
    5. Select the cursor from the drop down menu that you have installed and click on
      Delete.
    6. If you receive any prompt, click on OK.
    7. Once the cursor is deleted, install it again and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the cursor developer team to help you further with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup. - Similar Threads - cursor working during

2. Cursor works during trouble shooting but not in regular use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor works during trouble shooting but not in regular use: System specs: windows 11-64 bit, asus zenbook As the title suggests, the cursor from my track pad disappeared yesterday and I haven’t been able to figure out a way to restore it. I followed a couple of solutions from other peoples responses such as updating, opening in safe...
  3. Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.: So I was trying to dualboot Windows 8.1 and windows 11. Windows 11 worked fine but when I dualbooted Windows 8.1 everything worked fine until there was some screen which I don't remember that removed my cursor. I managed to bypass it by spamming Enter but soon I couldn't...
  4. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: Hi, I have been having this problem for months and communicating with Microsoft support, without much luck.When I do a completely fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro or Windows 10 Pro, including completely wiping my hard drives, I am forced to log in with a work or school...
  5. Keyboard isn't working during setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard isn't working during setup: I got a hp laptop secondhand recently from my brother who gifted it to me, he had factory reset it before this.I started the basic Cortana setup and can't type anything into the internet password field and the PC user name field. I can't get past the username field without...
  6. Setup Shows No Cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setup Shows No Cursor: Attempting to reinstall W10 after failing to figure out mic stuff with a Linux based os. Not my first install of W10, nor my first one after a distro, but never encountered this issue before. I downloaded the media creation tool on another laptop and made my drive with it...
  7. Chose work instead of personal during setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Chose work instead of personal during setup: While setting up my computer, I accidentally choose to set up my laptop for work/education use instead of personal. Since I don't have a work/education login, I'm unable to get in. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  8. No cursor on windows setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No cursor on windows setup: I had just recently reinstalled Windows 10 and i’m pretty sure I had downloaded an old version. Now I can’t get past “Let’s connect you to a network” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cursor-on-windows-setup/b2a8e1f5-2928-420a-8e63-a25699bf6ca6
  9. Autounattend.xml not working during Windows 10 setup

Autounattend.xml not working during Windows 10 setup: Hi everyone! I'm trying to use this Autounattend.xml: Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="specialize"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86"...
  10. No cursor during windows 10 installation

No cursor during windows 10 installation: Using MediaCreationTool I made a bootable USB with the windows 10 from my computer to install it in my new Lenovo g50-30. When I get to the setup (where i would select the language to install and so on) I have no mouse cursor and the keyboard doesn't work either. I...