Windows 10: Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared

Discus and support Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been using the pin number to log into my PC for a long time long enough to forget my password. After last Month I loaded a MS update the pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnBalbuza, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared

I have been using the pin number to log into my PC for a long time long enough to forget my password. After last Month I loaded a MS update the pin option disappeared from my log in screen just like that. If I could just get that login option back I'd be ok as I know my pin. Here is what I've tried with the password route.Note: The PC is a Sony all in 1 desktop, Win 8.1 64bit which is not letting my into the bios using the assist key, And I am unable to get there using the F2 key either. ??? so this is the start of my problem in repairing.I Reset my password on authenticator - didn't wo

:)

JohnBalbuza, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 26, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared

1. Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared - Similar Threads - local admin password

2. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN: My daughter powered off the pc mid-update and it will no longer boot to desktop. I have tried the various recovery options to use system restore / uninstall latest update etc but they all ask for a password instead of the PIN that I have been using for several years and I...
  3. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN: My daughter powered off the pc mid-update and it will no longer boot to desktop. I have tried the various recovery options to use system restore / uninstall latest update etc but they all ask for a password instead of the PIN that I have been using for several years and I...
  4. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Local admin and pin option not showing on login screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local admin and pin option not showing on login screen in Windows 11: Windows 11 21H2, build 22000.1880 on a HP Z2 G5, no domainSince the March update, I occasionally have the problem that the login screen only contains the 2 Microsoft accounts active on the computer. The local admin account is not available. What is also missing is the option...
  6. Local admin and pin option not showing on login screen in Windows 11

Local admin and pin option not showing on login screen in Windows 11: Windows 11 21H2, build 22000.1880 on a HP Z2 G5, no domainSince the March update, I occasionally have the problem that the login screen only contains the 2 Microsoft accounts active on the computer. The local admin account is not available. What is also missing is the option...
  7. Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared

Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared: I have been using the pin number to log into my PC for a long time long enough to forget my password. After last Month I loaded a MS update the pin option disappeared from my log in screen just like that. If I could just get that login option back I'd be ok as I know my pin....
  8. windows password/pin option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows password/pin option: so im tryna change my password/pin on my windows computer and whilst i do that, i cant even see the password option, and the pin, isnt even there toowell it is but it says its not available for my computer, but i have a pin to open my computer??????if anyone knows a way to...
  9. Reset local admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset local admin password: Hi all, Machine has fallen off the domain and can't get in using local admin password I've tried hirens boot CD but doesn't see windows partition. I assume it's because of either uefi or bitlocker I've turned off secure boot but didn't make a difference Any advice please?...
  10. Lost Windows 10 Local Admin Password and Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost Windows 10 Local Admin Password and Pin: I have upgraded windows 8 on my Toshiba laptop to windows 10 . I lost windows 10 admin password and pin and unable to login to make any updates are access files. I tried shift + Restart and tried to access command prompt but the it flashes command prompt pops up for a...