Windows 10: Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Install

Discus and support Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a old 32bit tablet that I want to give to my Sister-n-Law because her laptop got broke. Her granddaughter dropped it and broke the hinges off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Winuser, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Winuser Win User

Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Install

I have a old 32bit tablet that I want to give to my Sister-n-Law because her laptop got broke. Her granddaughter dropped it and broke the hinges off. It originally came with either Windows 8 or 8.1. I did upgrade it to windows 10. The version installed is version 1703 build 15063.1418. Windows update won't show any new builds so I assume this is the last build the tablet can run. I'm going to do a clean install and need help deciding if it would be best to install Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 version 1703. The specs are Intel Atom cpu [email protected] with 2GB of ram. I have downloaded the ISOs. She will only use it to play games such as MS solitaire, web browsing, email and occasionally letting her granddaughter watch YouTube videos.

:)

Winuser, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 26, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Install

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Install

1. Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Install - Similar Threads - Install

2. Links 2003 install on Windows 10 version 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links 2003 install on Windows 10 version 20H2: I installed Links 2003 Golf but had a problem and can't remember how I solved it. Perhaps someone can refresh my memory (in case I ever have to install it again). After installing Links 2003 it would not start and i got an error message telling me that I needed to enable...
  3. State of decay 2 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of decay 2 not installing: So it has been awhile since I played "State of Decay 2" and I had it installed on my PC for a couple years now with no issues starting up or no issues installing. The only thing is now, is when I tried to get back to playing the game again I noticed that I the game would...
  4. Two Laptops, Windows Installed on Both, SSD Swap?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Laptops, Windows Installed on Both, SSD Swap?: I just purchased a laptop that has a 256GB SSD installed in it. I own a laptop with a 500GB SSD installed on it. I want to use the new laptop I just purchased. If I swap both hard drives in each computer, will they both activate with the licenses on their current...
  5. Windows 10 product key not installed

Windows 10 product key not installed: I tried installing a windows 10 product key on a new harddrive in my asus laptop and my laptop got unplugged and died before windows could finish installing. I can’t reinstall it either. I’m not sure what to do....
  6. Why is some preview updates installed automatically in windows 10?

Why is some preview updates installed automatically in windows 10?: I have heard cumulative preview updates are optional. But sometime preview updates install by windows automatically in my PC. So my question is why is that....
  7. How can I install drivers with no internet access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I install drivers with no internet access?: Hey guys, I just built a new PC and the windows install went perfect except for the fact that there's no way to update my drivers since ALL the drivers are in need of updates so I have no way to connect even with ethernet, so is there a repository of current Win10 drivers I...
  8. Can't Install or Update apps on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install or Update apps on Microsoft Store: I have tried every solution, including this post Error code 0x87af000b - Microsoft Community which is very close to my problem. I have tried doing clean boots, PowerShell commands, windows store reset and troubleshooting and even sfc/scannow. Also the problem is only...
  9. New PC Windows 10 Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC Windows 10 Install: Hi everyone, I have a question that I can't seem to find a clear answer for online. I have a PC now that has Windows 10 Home installed that I purchased through Newegg in 2017. It was a digital copy so they sent an email with the product key and I downloaded my version and...
  10. Tax software will not install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tax software will not install: I am trying to install HR Block tax software. Each time, I am prompted to allow access to the drive I select Yes, and then nothing. I have turned off the antivirus Norton and firewall, no difference. I have disabled OneDrive, again nothing. Is there something in Windows...