Windows 10: Windows 8.1 PRO Defender cannot initialize

Discus and support Windows 8.1 PRO Defender cannot initialize in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After fresh install of 8.1 PRO on a new computer, when trying to turn spyware and virusprotection on, Windows Defender cannot initialize, giving error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GerardNijhuis, May 4, 2019.

1. Windows 8.1 PRO Defender cannot initialize

After fresh install of 8.1 PRO on a new computer, when trying to turn spyware and virusprotection on, Windows Defender cannot initialize, giving error code 0x80073b01.

Retried installing Windows more than once. No other problems.

I did try all suggestions at:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/808253bb-db89-4db9-a4e5-1c91a86489e9

Though trying option no.8, this entry is not present in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.

GWNijhuis

:)

GerardNijhuis, May 4, 2019

2. Windows Defender isn't initializing.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 4, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 4, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO Defender cannot initialize

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 8.1 PRO Defender cannot initialize

1. Windows 8.1 PRO Defender cannot initialize - Similar Threads - PRO Defender cannot

2. Phase 1 Initialization Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Phase 1 Initialization Failure: Frustration level high. I can't get past a Phase 1 Initialization Failure in Windows. Tried re-booting multiple times. Can't figure out how to get into Safe Mode before I get the final screen road block, "Choose your keyboard layout" see attached. I cannot move my mouse or...
  3. Phase 1 Initialization Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phase 1 Initialization Failure: Frustration level high. I can't get past a Phase 1 Initialization Failure in Windows. Tried re-booting multiple times. Can't figure out how to get into Safe Mode before I get the final screen road block, "Choose your keyboard layout" see attached. I cannot move my mouse or...
  4. Process 1 initialization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process 1 initialization failed: I have an HP Envy that crashed a couple of days ago. I got the BSOD, and the Process 1 initialization failed error, and it won't boot at all. I read enough to know I needed to create the USB drive, and attempted to use it to reinstall Windows, but when it asks where to...
  5. Process 1 initialization failed

Process 1 initialization failed: I have an HP Envy that crashed a couple of days ago. I got the BSOD, and the Process 1 initialization failed error, and it won't boot at all. I read enough to know I needed to create the USB drive, and attempted to use it to reinstall Windows, but when it asks where to...
  6. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro: I am not able to edit Local Group Policy Editor giving MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro and also while launching local security policy it's giving an error. I have attached a screenshot of both issues.Also, Administrative Template icon is not showing, and...
  7. Session 1 İnitialization failed

Session 1 İnitialization failed: As I was trying to fix an error of display driver, i used the tool DDUdisplay driver uninstaller and after removing the display driver pc restarted and i got a blue screen error Stop code: SESSİON1_İNİTİALİZATİON_FAİLED. What can i do it can't automaticly fix the error nor...
  8. windows Defender for Windows 8

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows Defender for Windows 8: windows defender has been disabled on my WINDOWS 8 laptop. I DO NOT WANT TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10. how can i re-install Windows Defender on my WINDOWS 8 laptop? [Moderator Edit: Moved from: Windows \ Windows 8 \ Security & Privacy \ Security and Privacy]...
  9. Windows Defender 8(8/8.1) vs Windows Defender 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender 8(8/8.1) vs Windows Defender 10: Can you please let me know the various endpoint security features offered via windows defender 8 and windows defender 10. I also heard MS is offering ATP support on Windows 8 , so if that is the case, I can buy some time to migrate to windows 10 and still purchase ATP ?...
  10. Disk 1 not initialized? (!)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 1 not initialized? (!): I did a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit & now one of my hard drives has an issue. While on the desktop I could access the disk but it was very slow to scan & took several minutes. Once completed it seems to indicate all the folders but I could not access any of them....