Windows 10: Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade key good for Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade key good for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just bought a brand new Dell Ryzen 2700X desktop computer that came with Windows 10 Home. It came with version 1709 from the factory. I tried several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NavyLCDR, Oct 17, 2018.

1. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade key good for Windows 10

I just bought a brand new Dell Ryzen 2700X desktop computer that came with Windows 10 Home. It came with version 1709 from the factory. I tried several different product keys I have for Windows 10 Pro to do the upgrade to Pro and all of them I had were rejected. I have a Windows 8.1 Home to Pro upgrade product key (retail), the computer for which it was used is long gone. Thought I would try it. And it worked! Found it very interesting. Now that I have a digital license for Pro for my new computer, I'm going to restore an image I made of my old desktop computer so I can easily keep all my programs, apps, and settings. It is Windows 10 Pro as well.

:)

NavyLCDR, Oct 17, 2018

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Oct 17, 2018
  3. windows 10 key

I read through most of that thread and it seems you have to jump through windows insider hoops. Is there a Retail Windows 10 x64 PRO ISO I can download directly from microsoft that my windows 8 key will work with?

Easy Rhino, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade key good for Windows 10

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade key good for Windows 10

1. Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade key good for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade key

2. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  3. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  4. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  6. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key: Hello! I have one quick question: Is it still possible to use an old Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade my Windows 10 to professional? I saw in articles online that it was possible but when I went to activation and put in the Product Key in my email from when I bought Windows...
  8. Can I use a Windows 8 Ultimate key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?

Can I use a Windows 8 Ultimate key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?: I have purchased Windows 8 Ultimate retail years ago but in the end Windows 10 Automatically updated from my Windows 7 Home drive. I never needed a Windows 10 key but now would like Window 10 Pro. Can I use my Windows 8 Ultimate key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows...
  9. windows 8 pro upgrade

windows 8 pro upgrade: my laptop came with windows 8 pro . what I understand is that windows 8 key is preset in BIOS. But when i upgraded to widnows 10 it upgraded to Home edition. I tried going to " upgrade to windows 10 pro" in microsoft store. but its asking me for key. what should i do....
  10. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...