Windows 10: windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N

Discus and support windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I just noticed i was upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 home N edition. How can i upgrade to pro? Tried to find info on how to fix it, but alas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by danielross30, Jan 15, 2022.

1. windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N

So I just noticed i was upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 home N edition. How can i upgrade to pro? Tried to find info on how to fix it, but alas here i am asking.Cant remember how many years ago i upgraded, but I have my copy of win 8,1 pro with the key.

:)

danielross30, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 15, 2022
  4. windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N

Windows 8 Clubhouse

@Dos101 - I'd like to be added to the list for Windows 8 Pro. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N

1. windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N - Similar Threads - pro upgraded home

2. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  3. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  4. windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N: So I just noticed i was upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 home N edition. How can i upgrade to pro? Tried to find info on how to fix it, but alas here i am asking.Cant remember how many years ago i upgraded, but I have my copy of win 8,1 pro with the key....
  5. windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N: So I just noticed i was upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 home N edition. How can i upgrade to pro? Tried to find info on how to fix it, but alas here i am asking.Cant remember how many years ago i upgraded, but I have my copy of win 8,1 pro with the key....
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 PRO N

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 PRO N: Hello, I try to upgrade from Home N to Pro N. I go to Microsoft store as indicated in the Activation window and got what seems to be an "error" message : "You're running Windows 10 Home N and you're all set" No, I'm not all set, I want to upgrade to Pro N. and not...
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key: Hello! I have one quick question: Is it still possible to use an old Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade my Windows 10 to professional? I saw in articles online that it was possible but when I went to activation and put in the Product Key in my email from when I bought Windows...
  8. Windows Pro N to Windows Home

Windows Pro N to Windows Home: I have always had unactivated Windows Pro N installed on my PC. I was wondering that if I purchase a Windows 10 Home product key and enter it on to my PC, will my Windows switch to Windows Home or will it not allow me to change?...
  9. How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro: Hello, I would like to ask if there is any way to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 Home or Pro without a clean install !! Thanks...
  10. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...