Windows 10: Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile

Discus and support Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer and put in password, my original desktop with all the shortcuts has disappeared. I get a message "you've been signed in with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DollyAK, Jun 11, 2022.

1. DollyAK Win User

Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile

When I turn on my computer and put in password, my original desktop with all the shortcuts has disappeared. I get a message "you've been signed in with a temporary profile. You can't access your files. Try signing out and back in." Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

DollyAK, Jun 11, 2022
  2. SBEV Win User

Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

Morning

Got exactly this problem. To start with it was named correctly, so I went thru the steps described above. Then it was named incorrectly so I went through those steps. Now it just keeps generating new temporary profiles (scrolling up through numbers each time). I've included some pics below. vickerse is the right username.

Serves me right for doing software updates :/. It did load initially after the updates tho.

All advice appreciated! Please and thank you.

Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile [​IMG]

Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile [​IMG]

3. My windows 8 is opening with temporary profile

Hi,

See if this assists you:

You could do a System Restore in Safe Mode to before the problem:

"How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC"

How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC

To restore your PC to an earlier point in time

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click
      Search.)
    2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.
    3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click
      Recovery.
    4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.
    "Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)"

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

"How to Fix "You've been signed in with a temporary profile" Error in Windows 8 and 8.1"

You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Fix

"[Fixed] Temporary Profile Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Problem"

http://www.sysprobs.com/fixed-temporary-profile-windows-8-and-8-1-problem

This may interest you: in above link

4) If none of the above methods work for you, the only final way is creating a new user account and copy the data.

Bill Smithers, Jun 11, 2022
  4. Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile

giving me the you have been signed into a temporary profile

My PC is giving me the you have been signed into a temporary profile bullshit every time i log in with password. It proceeds to then always do this no matter how much I try to fix it. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10 that is the forum that I used. I tried every step for one .bak file but nothing worked. It just always logs me into a temporary profile no matter what I do to fix it.

TheMinevenger, Jun 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile

1. Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile - Similar Threads - Signing Temporary Profile

2. Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 Signing in with a Temporary Profile: When I turn on my computer and put in password, my original desktop with all the shortcuts has disappeared. I get a message "you've been signed in with a temporary profile. You can't access your files. Try signing out and back in." Anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. You've been signed in with a temporary profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You've been signed in with a temporary profile: When ever I sign in with my account I get a weird text saying PREPARING WINDOWS and then when I open it I see that all my data is gone, my folders are empty, my desktop is empty, I tried the registry editor trick, I tried the cmd trick but none of it is working, when I did...
  4. Windows Sign in temporary profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Sign in temporary profile: I logged on this morning but received an error message subsequently all my word documents have gone missing. I haven't updated The system and there Is a lot of documents. Is there a way to recover the device to its previous state?...
  5. Ive been signed into a temporary profile

Ive been signed into a temporary profile: After I updated windows last night, I got signed into a temporary profile, and I have no idea how to get back to my original one. I tried signing in and out as it said through the troubleshoot menu in the settings and that did not work....
  6. Temporary Profile sign in issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temporary Profile sign in issues: My desktop has decided on its own to sign me into a temporary profile. I tried booting into Safe Mode, but that has not fixed the problem. I no longer have access to any of my files....
  7. Sign out of temporary profile

Sign out of temporary profile: While Windows 10 HOME edition is starting I get "Preparing Windows", which I had never received before. Once I log in I get: We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now,...
  8. Signed with temporary profile

Signed with temporary profile: i receive the blue banner for sign out , because i dont know why my pc start with sign with a temporary profile , and , again and again , window 10 64 bits update 2004. How i resolve it ???...
  9. Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile: Windows 10 has decided to sign me in with a temporary profile. I can't get out of this by doing a shut down, starting up and signing in with username, PW or pin or biometrics. How do I get my real profile back?...
  10. Signing in with Temporary Profile

Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....