Windows 10: Windows 8.1 to 10 failing

Discus and support Windows 8.1 to 10 failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying unsuccessfully for days now to upgrade my 8.1 PC to Windows 10 with plans to get to 11. PC is a Lenovo H430.Attempts to date:1. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sciprokm, Oct 13, 2021.

1. sciprokm Win User

Windows 8.1 to 10 failing

I have been trying unsuccessfully for days now to upgrade my 8.1 PC to Windows 10 with plans to get to 11. PC is a Lenovo H430.Attempts to date:1. I've been through every article on DISM I could find actually fixed a corrupt .wav file issue, but the installation still fails. All DISM commands come back clean now as well as sfc /scannow.2. Disabled all non-microsoft services for "clean boot".3. Uninstalled all unused software only office 2013, Quicken and chrome leftFrom setuperr.log:2021-10-13 10:51:07, Error MOUPG CInstallUI::GetDefaultLanguage2027: Result = 0x80070

:)

sciprokm, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 13, 2021
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Windows 8.1 to 10 failing

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 8.1 to 10 failing

1. Windows 8.1 to 10 failing - Similar Threads - failing

2. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  3. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  4. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. system fail and wen blue screen Error cod: driver_ overran_stack_buffer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system fail and wen blue screen Error cod: driver_ overran_stack_buffer: Every time I open the game "eafc24," I encounter a blue screen and receive the error code DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER. Upon checking the Event Viewer, I found a warning before the restart regarding RefreshRateServise:The service could not be started....
  6. system fail and wen blue screen Error cod: driver_ overran_stack_buffer

system fail and wen blue screen Error cod: driver_ overran_stack_buffer: Every time I open the game "eafc24," I encounter a blue screen and receive the error code DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER. Upon checking the Event Viewer, I found a warning before the restart regarding RefreshRateServise:The service could not be started....
  7. My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...: 1. I have tried 2 CD drives and get the same problem2. This is an external CD drive3. This happens after 2-3 days with or without new programs and updates.4. The CD drive does not show up on the computer at all and running the device search shows nothing.5. The CD drive is...
  8. My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...

My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...: 1. I have tried 2 CD drives and get the same problem2. This is an external CD drive3. This happens after 2-3 days with or without new programs and updates.4. The CD drive does not show up on the computer at all and running the device search shows nothing.5. The CD drive is...
  9. Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.: Here is a picture of the promptI just can not find a way to figure this out.I have to disks: 1 HDD and 1 SSD where my OS is installed.Someone said that I might have to remove my HDD to get this to work, but some other guy said I don't need to remove it because I have only 2...
  10. Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.

Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.: Here is a picture of the promptI just can not find a way to figure this out.I have to disks: 1 HDD and 1 SSD where my OS is installed.Someone said that I might have to remove my HDD to get this to work, but some other guy said I don't need to remove it because I have only 2...