Windows 10: Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop)

Discus and support Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I recently pulled out my old Razer blade 2013 (RZ09-0102) to do some gaming while I wait to build a new pc. I immediately updated all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/get_explicit, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop)

Hey guys, I recently pulled out my old Razer blade 2013 (RZ09-0102) to do some gaming while I wait to build a new pc.

I immediately updated all the relevant drivers as well as windows 8.1, and was pleasantly surprised to find she ran perfectly smooth.

Today, I decided I’d upgrade to Windows 10. I did so by downloading the free upgrade tool found here: Windows 10 upgrade tool

The tool ran smoothly, downloaded the necessary files quickly, confirmed compatibility, and prompted me to initialize installation (warning me the system would restart several times throughout the process).

I initialized the installation, but now have some concerns. I forgot to unplug my peripherals: an external monitor, gaming headset and mouse, and keyboard (I had previously disconnected the built-in keyboard’s ribbons after dirty keys were sticking and sending unending input).

It has now been about 2 hours, and I am getting nothing but a black screen from the laptop. I can hear it running quite loudly, and the green light on the bottom is periodically flashing. I am concerned that the all-black screen is due to the external monitor being plugged in. I can’t tell if the installation is continuing normally or if something is wrong. Can I unplug the monitor without repercussion in the middle of the installation?

What about the other peripherals? I’m worried that they are extending the installation time significantly, requiring the computer to also locate additional drivers. It is also worth noting that I have tons of software installed on this computer. Many many games. Perhaps windows having to reinstall all that software is the cause of the extended wait time....

What do you guys think? Can I safely unplug the monitor? Is this installation behavior normal? Not sure what to do here...

submitted by /u/get_explicit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/get_explicit, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Razer Blade 15.6” gaming laptop with Windows 10

Source: A quick look at the new Razer Blade 15.6 gaming laptop - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Razer Blade 15.6” gaming laptop with Windows 10

Source: A quick look at the new Razer Blade 15.6 gaming laptop - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop)

vik98rideordie, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop)

1. Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop) - Similar Threads - upgrade question old

2. Camera on Razer Blade laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera on Razer Blade laptop not working: Hey guys,This seems to be a recurring thing with a lot of built in laptops that I have owned. For some reason my in-built camera is no longer working however was when I initially got it.I have followed the steps for all the guides I could find both through razer and windows...
  3. Camera on Razer Blade laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera on Razer Blade laptop not working: Hey guys,This seems to be a recurring thing with a lot of built in laptops that I have owned. For some reason my in-built camera is no longer working however was when I initially got it.I have followed the steps for all the guides I could find both through razer and windows...
  4. Razer Blade 15 Laptop not booting up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Razer Blade 15 Laptop not booting up.: Hello,I’ve been having an issue for a few days now where I’m unable to get past the black screen with the Razer logo. When I press the power button, it immediately goes to this screen and doesn’t show any spinning circle or indication that Windows is loading. If I turn on and...
  5. Razer blade 15

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Razer blade 15: Hello, I recently got a razer blade 15 base model two months ago and it won’t open any of the games I want it to. Wifi is running well, and I’ve factory reset it twice already. I tried various options to fix my laptop. I’ve updated my windows and updated my drivers. But I...
  6. New Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition laptop

in Windows 10 News
    New Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition laptop: If you’re looking for a powerful, portable device that can handle big creative projects, check out the new Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition laptop, a mobile-workstation tailored to meet the needs of anyone from an audio engineer to VFX artist. [ATTACH] It comes...
  7. New Razer Blade 15 gaming laptop available

in Windows 10 News
    New Razer Blade 15 gaming laptop available: [ATTACH] Gamers, content creators and entertainment enthusiasts will soon be able to check out the next evolution of the Razer Blade 15 gaming laptop, loaded with Windows 10, an up to an 8-core 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX Super graphics and a 300Hz...
  8. Razer Blade 2012 windows 10 driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Razer Blade 2012 windows 10 driver issues: Hi all! Hopefully some people much smarter than me can help with this, i bought a razer blade 17 (the 2012) model with the core i7 and gtx 660m, running windows 7. I then upgraded to windows 10 shortly after purchase and started experiencing driver issues with the trackpad...
  9. Razer Blade Stealth 2017

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Razer Blade Stealth 2017: Razer Blade Stealth (2017) Bought my Stealth back in 2017 and loved it. Had some bugs as all laptops do, but they started to get a little out of hand recently so I took it to Geek Squad and told them the following things; -The audio overall was not working, not the built in...
  10. New Razer Blade 15.6” gaming laptop with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Razer Blade 15.6” gaming laptop with Windows 10: The new Razer Blade powered by Windows 10 is a 15.6” gaming laptop: the perfect balance of power and portability. [img] kfFHghqiIAU Sporting a large 15.6” edge-to-edge display with an ultra-responsive 144Hz Full HD panel, experience smoother visuals like never before...