Windows 10: Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Media Installer

Discus and support Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Media Installer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having trouble upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10. I am trying it from Windows Media Creation Tool, but everytime it shows that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Devansh Pravindhya, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Media Installer

Hi, I have been having trouble upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10. I am trying it from Windows Media Creation Tool, but everytime it shows that my Realtek Bluetooth isnèt ready for this version of Windows 10 and whenever I try to solve it by ypgrading the Realtek Bluetooth, it shows that my Realtek Bluetooth is already at the latest version. I donèt know what to do. Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Media Installer ea4390f7-965c-4137-93f3-c7bc93260483?upload=true.png

:)

Devansh Pravindhya, Nov 22, 2020

2. windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Media Installer

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Media Installer

1. Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Media Installer - Similar Threads - upgrade via Media

2. Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10: If my pc was manufactured with windows 8 and I have upgraded up to Windows 10 over the years now I need to fix, boot from a USB, reset, or install a fresh copy of windows on to my pc so what version of windows do I need to create the recovery disk? Because I created a...
  3. Windows 10 Installation Media, using it via WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Installation Media, using it via WinRE: Currently my PC is freezing on boot, ive tried changing the drive im booting from, ive checked all my drives in CMD, and i created an installation media and am trying to use it. Im 90% sure my system image is corrupted as when i try to do image repair it says it cant find ome...
  4. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  5. Got Windows 10 via Installation Media

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got Windows 10 via Installation Media: I installed Windows 10 Pro on my Windows 7 Ultimate device, via, as the title says - its Installation Media. Now, I've read and heard some rumors that say "it will work normally only for 1 month, then there will be some sh*t". Is it true? What happens after a month? PLEASE...
  6. Windows 10: Installation via upgrade fails.

Windows 10: Installation via upgrade fails.: After a while a message saying Installation failed due to safe OS during INSTALL_UPDATE. What should i do now? I really want to upgrade to Windows 10....
  7. Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, fails installation

Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, fails installation: Hello i have a laptop with windows 8 and want to upgrade to windows 10 by the media creation tool after going though the steps of downloading and installing the upgrade with keeping personal files and apps when it says restarting it dose not restart and the blue windows 10...
  8. windows 8 to 10 upgrade

windows 8 to 10 upgrade: I have windows 8 (not 8.1) on a laptop. I have ran updates till there are no more important updates. I want to upgrade to 10. I looked at the tutorial (Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup#step6) and it seems straight forward....
  9. Windows 8 to 10 via Upgrade Assistant - Stuck on boot

Windows 8 to 10 via Upgrade Assistant - Stuck on boot: Here's what I did - Reset (wiped) a windows 8 laptop - Downloaded the upgrade assistant - Upgrade assistant downloaded, checked and 'installed' Windows 10. The laptop automatically restarted to finish doing so. - It was installing, it was saying it was 'installing' or...
  10. Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool

Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool: I have a copy of 10 reserved, but what if I lose my patience and download an ISO from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 I don't have a 10 product key yet, so how would that work? 9582