Windows 10: WINDOWS 8.1 USER PROFILE PICTURE MISSING!

Discus and support WINDOWS 8.1 USER PROFILE PICTURE MISSING! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey fellas!Let me get you straight to the point:So recently my friend who has DELL INSPIRON 15 Laptop WIN 8.1 Pro 64BIT asked me why his User PFP isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SpecterK1, Aug 17, 2022.

1. SpecterK1 Win User

WINDOWS 8.1 USER PROFILE PICTURE MISSING!

Hey fellas!Let me get you straight to the point:So recently my friend who has DELL INSPIRON 15 Laptop WIN 8.1 Pro 64BIT asked me why his User PFP isn't working and this happens in the Lock Screen... I tried to log his Windows to Microsoft online Account and forget the Local Account to get it working! but he wanted to have a separate local user!ANY HELP? He's askingTHANKSNot important:I saw some User.A's Discussions from years ago... but it really DID NOT make any sense :{

:)

SpecterK1, Aug 17, 2022

2. User Profiles not uploading at Start

Hi Ernie,

Your computer might have experience a fresh start when the upgrade occurred last December 16, 2017, and the user profiles on it got affected as well. However, let us not jump into any conclusions yet until we isolated your concern. Let's see if we'll be
    able to recover the missing user profile using a command line in command prompt.

• Open CMD as Administrator.
    • Enter this command "net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name][Missing User] /add".
    • Once done, restart your computer.

You may also check if you'll see the missing user profile/s in Local User and Groups manager. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows + R on your keyboard, then type in lusrmgr.msc.
    • Click on Users, then check if the missing user profile is on the right pane.

Let us know if the above steps worked.

Carlos Tin, Aug 17, 2022
  3. User Profiles not uploading at Start

Solution #1: Didn't work. Still getting the same startup profile without any of my programs.

Solution #2: Got a warning: Local Users and Groups

This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Account tool in the Control Panel

Ernie Bauer, Aug 17, 2022
  4. VinceB Win User

User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 8.1 USER PROFILE PICTURE MISSING! - Similar Threads - USER PROFILE PICTURE

2. User profile is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile is missing: The main user profile is missing. How do i access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-is-missing/642d580b-11b7-41d9-8986-3429d4cb1e4e
  3. User profile is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile is missing: The main user profile is missing. How do i access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-is-missing/642d580b-11b7-41d9-8986-3429d4cb1e4e
  4. WINDOWS 8.1 USER PROFILE PICTURE MISSING!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 8.1 USER PROFILE PICTURE MISSING!: Hey fellas!Let me get you straight to the point:So recently my friend who has DELL INSPIRON 15 Laptop WIN 8.1 Pro 64BIT asked me why his User PFP isn't working and this happens in the Lock Screen... I tried to log his Windows to Microsoft online Account and forget the Local...
  5. User profile picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile picture: Hello, How do I change my picture on my user profile. I changed my photo in my microsoft "manage account" my sync is on. Still, the picture in my user profile and in my office programs for that matter, still reflects the old picture.Thanks...
  6. User profile picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile picture: Hello, How do I change my picture on my user profile. I changed my photo in my microsoft "manage account" my sync is on. Still, the picture in my user profile and in my office programs for that matter, still reflects the old picture.Thanks...
  7. User profile picture

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  9. User profile picture blurry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User profile picture blurry: Recently my default user icon has became pixelated and blurry. I would like to fix this but nothing on the internet is telling me how. I don't understand why this is such an issue, or what caused this. I've checked for updates and my system is up to date, so that's not it....
  10. remove the profile/user picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove the profile/user picture: Hi.. i just bought a 2nd hand laptop, please help me to remove the profile/user picture of the previous owner. [img] sorry for my post its my first time to ask help in this community.. thanks.. 103142