Windows 10: Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Discus and support Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , I'm using windows 8.1 on ASUS N series laptop 64 bit, my windows got problem and after i updated to windows 10 and try to factory reset it, it got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mih, Aug 7, 2015.

1. MIH
    Mih Win User

Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Hi , I'm using windows 8.1 on ASUS N series laptop 64 bit, my windows got problem and after i updated to windows 10 and try to factory reset it, it got to 99% and say that the window has a problem, it cannot reset my windows and stuck in restart loops.

I've spam F9 and try to reset the pc again, but the problem still persist and i even try to solve it with the advanced options ( startup repair, system restore, system image recovery setting - all end up with this pc require administration account, and somehow my account is lost due to reset earlier) i even try to reinstall windows with CD but it doesnt detected.

It seems like i lost both my windows 8 and windows 10 on the laptop.

Can anyone please help me. Tq

:)

2. Billy2016 Win User

Windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

My desktop is Dell Inspiron 3647. I have reset my desktop and select keep my file. However, after the reset my computer is unable to restart, and it showed Window cannot restart correctly.

I tried to reset again and try to solve it with the advanced options, however I still unable to restart my computer.

Can anyone help me. Please. Thank you.

Billy2016, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Billy2016 Win User
    Windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Thanks Rakesh,

My apologise for late reply. I called up Dell IT engineer for warranty service, and according to him, the system problem is caused by my hard disk failure. Therefore, he changed a new hard disk and reinstall new window for me. My computer is now
    working fine.

I don't understand the rationale, why he said the computer reset failure is due to the hard disk crash and by how? It is because I still can transfer my data from the old hard disk for a backup.

Billy2016, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Since you did upgrade and activate (did it activate okay?) then you should be able to clean install Windows 10 and have it activate.
    See here: Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  5. MIH
    Mih Win User
    Windows 10 activated just fine from the upgrade of windows 8.1

There was a problem with the windows ( the problem persists even during windows 8.1, since i try to factory reset on windows 8.1 still didnt solve the prob, i thought upgrading the windows will solve the prob but it didnt - the screen will all black out after using it for a while and not responding), so I try to factory reset it, it run smoothly until 99%, and end up with 'there was a problem resetting your pc'.

6. Ztruker Win User
    That's why I suggested doing a Clean Instill of Windows 10 following the directions in the link I posted.

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  7. MIH
    Mih Win User
    Will try and update news here

8. Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Ztruker's post will get you to Win10, but if I understand the issue you wanted to fix a non-working Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset by upgrading to Win10.

My question is what OS do you want on your system, Win8.1 or Win10.
    There might be a way to access the Asus recovery partition and do a reset from there - I think that can be done, but I would have to research the exact process to provide step-by-step instructions.

If you want to get to Win10 - then I mis-interpreted your post.

There seems to be an underlying issue on your system as far as the Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset issue is concerned.

The question might be moot if you've already started the Win10 Clean install.
    Getting to Win10 is easy, getting back to Win8.1 after a Clean install requires a bit more work (windows.old and possibly the Asus Recovery partition are no longer available).

Slartybart, Aug 7, 2015
  9. RonCFL Win User
    Nop .. I upgraded to w10 from w8.1 and deleted wds old ... I could roll back to w8.1 factory settings without problem from recovery partition .
    As he said ..there was something wrong with pc before he upgraded ..
    The best way is to do a w8 clean install From factory windows dvd .. ?

RonCFL, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Kyhi Win User
    As is the case with Asus Recovery, the recovery partition is bootable..

I read it as windows 8.1 Reset failed to correct PC problem
    Upgraded to windows 10 and still failed to correct PC problem

Tried using Reset Feature within windows 10, or rollback feature - and failed

so the question is > what does he want windows 10 or windows 8

11. RonCFL Win User
    I guess .. He tries to fix problem by upgrading to w10 ..but end up corrupt both windows ..
    For now ..He will be happy with whichever works ..

RonCFL, Aug 8, 2015
  12. MIH
    Mih Win User
    1. Yes, i've lost both of the windows, 8.1 and 10

2. There's prob on w8.1 and i'm upgrading to w10 because wanted to clean the mess and i also personally prefer w10 better. But the problem is still persist

3. Yes, i would prefer w10 over w8.1, but it seems that right now, i cant get any and any windows installed would be good for now as my main point is to reset the laptop, clear the problem and get a window install so that later on in the end i can upgrade to w10

4. I'm upgrading w10 via microsoft register/free upgrade, so i understand that getting w10 even after factory reboot of w8 is that i can still reinstall the w10 after the reset.

13. RonCFL Win User

Hey Mih ... You might want tell us what exactly you were trying to fix before you upgraded .. maybe some hardware fail ...??

RonCFL, Aug 8, 2015
  14. MIH
    Mih Win User
    The screen would pop on empty (by empty i mean, it looks like the window explorer is not responding and reboot everything but only halfway and left me with only empty screen/desktop w/o any apps or button or cursor or anything) after a while using it and i cant do anything during that. i'm sure it's not hardware fail.

15. RonCFL Win User
    Maybe it's too late for running SFC scan to fix system files ..
    Hope some one else will give you help on getting your windows back ..

RonCFL, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart - Similar Threads - fail factory reset

2. Windows 10 Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Factory reset stuck: I started resetting my windows pc from settings not too long ago and it's been stuck on 51% for about an hour and hasnt made any progress, My first thought was to turn it off from the power button but im aware that it may cause issues with the OS which i'm not to keen on ,...
  3. Windows 10 Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Factory reset stuck: I started resetting my windows pc from settings not too long ago and it's been stuck on 51% for about an hour and hasnt made any progress, My first thought was to turn it off from the power button but im aware that it may cause issues with the OS which i'm not to keen on ,...
  4. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Stuck At 1%: I tried factory resetting my PC since it was running slowly, but it has been stuck at 1% for like an hour. I am aware that these take up to 3 hrs, but I dont think it should still be at 1%. The PC is pretty old, and thats why I’m resetting it. It’s an XPS 8500 I think....
  5. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset Stuck At 1%: I tried factory resetting my PC since it was running slowly, but it has been stuck at 1% for like an hour. I am aware that these take up to 3 hrs, but I dont think it should still be at 1%. The PC is pretty old, and thats why I’m resetting it. It’s an XPS 8500 I think....
  6. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 factory reset stuck: I am trying to reset my SO‘s PC because it is having massive performance issues that dont seem to make much sense to either of us and it has been stuck on the „Resetting this PC“ screen for about 3 hours now, at 15%. The little Win10 loading circle is still moving so it is...
  8. Factory resetting my windows 10 Lenovo laptop stuck at 1%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory resetting my windows 10 Lenovo laptop stuck at 1%: I just received a lenovo laptop from a friend that I need to factory reset so I can get his files off of it. However whenever I try resetting it, I get to a screen with the word Lenovo on it and below that "Resetting this PC 1%". It has been stuck on 1% for a while, I've...
  9. Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working

Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working: Getting an infinite loading sort of error where my comp goes to HP loading screen, blackscreen, turns off, and repeats. Very annoying and nothing I've seen so far is working. I don't have a disk or drive to use to reload Windows with, and I didn't set any system restore...
  10. Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours: Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours after the reset beginning its still frozen at 1%. Anyone got any ideas what to do? 11989