Windows 10: Windows 8/10 dual boot problems with booting to the secondary system

Discus and support Windows 8/10 dual boot problems with booting to the secondary system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I installed Windows 10 beside of existing Windows 8.1 installation as secondary OS to second physical drive. When booting to Win 8, everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anakunda, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Anakunda Win User

Windows 8/10 dual boot problems with booting to the secondary system

Hi, I installed Windows 10 beside of existing Windows 8.1 installation as secondary OS to second physical drive. When booting to Win 8, everything works fine but when booting Windows 10, I get the error screen shown below. The weir on it is that everything is at it's place since when I press Escape on this error screen, it takes me to BIOS, which I exit without saving, and after reboot, I already can normally boot to Windows 10. After restartting from (whichever) Windows the situation repeats. At least I can boot to 10 with the described workaround, but I want to fix this annoying issue. I'm just thinking that after BIOS exit the volumes table may be different than in Windows. I even tried to re-add the boot menu entry for 10 from Win8 session but is the same, so the boot entry seems to be correct. Any idea what's wrong?

Windows 8/10 dual boot problems with booting to the secondary system U3HCfAGTJ9vy-SbpmcpdiYkFtp9fT83tPDnQYbF5FCnZdYWfr5MYE9fhNzRlWd15SjDK8PspffJcbzT4sdBtWHHq=w800-no.jpg

Just for case the BCD config is this: Code: Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier {bootmgr} device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume2 path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi description Windows Boot Manager locale en-us inherit {globalsettings} default {current} resumeobject {ac05b954-fe31-11e8-ae14-ef9370ccff74} displayorder {current} {ac05b955-fe31-11e8-ae14-ef9370ccff74} toolsdisplayorder {memdiag} timeout 15 Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier {current} device partition=C: path \Windows\system32\winload.efi description Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit locale en-us inherit {bootloadersettings} badmemoryaccess Yes isolatedcontext Yes allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075 osdevice partition=C: systemroot \Windows resumeobject {601b1f5d-e1a1-11e8-87b9-54bef771218b} nx OptIn bootmenupolicy Legacy detecthal Yes quietboot No Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier {ac05b955-fe31-11e8-ae14-ef9370ccff74} device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume8 path \Windows\system32\winload.efi description Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit locale en-us inherit {bootloadersettings} isolatedcontext Yes allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075 osdevice partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume8 systemroot \Windows resumeobject {ac05b954-fe31-11e8-ae14-ef9370ccff74} nx OptIn bootmenupolicy Legacy[/quote]

:)

Anakunda, Dec 13, 2018
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Dual Boot Windows question.

here is a guide that should do the trick: How to Dual-Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or 8

Just remember if u want UEFI on Windows 10 u most have UEFI on your Windows 7 too if not u need to go change it in the bios everytime u want to go back to Windows 7.

puma99dk|, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 8/10 dual boot problems with booting to the secondary system - Similar Threads - dual boot problems

2. Clone secondary Windows 11 drive from Windows 10 dual boot system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone secondary Windows 11 drive from Windows 10 dual boot system: PC specs:Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATIONCPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950XRAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 128 GB 4 x 32 GB DDR4-3200 CL18GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB FTW3 ULTRA HYBRIDPSU: Corsair AX1500iWindows 10 Drive: Western Digital Black SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSDWindows...
  3. Clone secondary Windows 11 drive from Windows 10 dual boot system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clone secondary Windows 11 drive from Windows 10 dual boot system: PC specs:Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATIONCPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950XRAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 128 GB 4 x 32 GB DDR4-3200 CL18GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB FTW3 ULTRA HYBRIDPSU: Corsair AX1500iWindows 10 Drive: Western Digital Black SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSDWindows...
  4. Clone secondary Windows 11 drive from Windows 10 dual boot system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot Problem: HiI recently installed windows 10 on a second hard disk. And now my old hard disk with windows 8 won't boot... I tried a bit with bcdboot but didn't manage. How can I get it to work?...
  6. Dual Boot Problem

Dual Boot Problem: HiI recently installed windows 10 on a second hard disk. And now my old hard disk with windows 8 won't boot... I tried a bit with bcdboot but didn't manage. How can I get it to work?...
  7. Dual Booting Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Booting Problem: In my computer I have 2 SSD. 1 is for my personal use. 1 is for work use. The work use one was cloned from my wife's work PC. I would like to be able to choose from either drive upon startup. However, upon installing the work SSD, it appears that it's drive letter is set to...
  8. Dual boot problems

Dual boot problems: I install some days before on a win7 system win10. Dual boot menu was starting at the beginning of every boot and i choose what i wanted. Windows 7 is very importand for me cause i have installed a digital signature on them and it does not work on Win10. Today this menu of...
  9. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  10. Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?

Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?: I installed W10 onto my daughters laptop, but rolled back to W8. Is it possible, now that there is a license for each, to partition and do a clean install of 10 creating a dual boot? and will both be licensed? Thank you. 99619

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system boot problem