Windows 10: windows 8/10 unable to find files name in a folder, please help.

Discus and support windows 8/10 unable to find files name in a folder, please help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have attached two screenshot. as you can see first screenshot, I wish to select all files with the name with "dup" in it and instead of using mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m18xr2, Apr 10, 2020.

1. m18xr2 Win User

windows 8/10 unable to find files name in a folder, please help.

I have attached two screenshot.

as you can see first screenshot, I wish to select all files with the name with "dup" in it and instead of using mouse and ctrl key clicking each one (which sometimes I easily have over 100 files). I wanted to search via top right box for dup and so I can select only those files.

then in 2nd screenshot, no search result. how can I fix this? please help!

:)

m18xr2, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 10, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 8/10 unable to find files name in a folder, please help. - Similar Threads - unable find files

2. Help Please to find my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Please to find my files: Dear Sir,I have installed Windows 10 pro on SSD and keep the previous HDD along with SSD in same Desktop pc. but now I am facing problem with my previous saved files on HDD which was on desktop, download and documents. while I am booting pc by using the HDD files are shown...
  3. Help Please to find my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Please to find my files: Dear Sir,I have installed Windows 10 pro on SSD and keep the previous HDD along with SSD in same Desktop pc. but now I am facing problem with my previous saved files on HDD which was on desktop, download and documents. while I am booting pc by using the HDD files are shown...
  4. Help Please to find my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable To Delete Files. Please Help

Unable To Delete Files. Please Help: I want Mcafee off my computer but it says theres an error when I try to uninstall it. see pic I tried to delete the folder but it said I needed administrator permission to delete it. I then created an administrator login and logged in under it but it still says I dont have...
  6. Can't find file please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find file please help: I downloaded a game and I can find it listed in programs and features also in add or remove programs but when i click to delete they cannot find it it didn't install in the proper place and has gone missing completely Any help or ideas are appreciated submitted by...
  7. For Windows 8 and 10, how do I create a list of file names in a folder

For Windows 8 and 10, how do I create a list of file names in a folder: For Windows 8 and 10, how do I create a list of file names in a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-windows-8-and-10-how-do-i-create-a-list-of/f4ce754c-6b0c-4427-8c9d-fc77f0b6c7cf
  8. Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name

Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name: I've a folder which have name with 5 characters. I'm not able to find which font or which language it was. If i'm trying to access from power shell, it's showing ????? or 5 boxes. I've screenshots from power shell also. I've tried google translator also by pasting the hidden...
  9. Searching Windows - Find my Files - Excluded Folders - Please HELP someone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching Windows - Find my Files - Excluded Folders - Please HELP someone: Can I re-add my excluded folders I deleted in Searching Windows? Earlier today for some reason I open settings and found myself on the Search - Searching Windows. Then I saw the Classic button (circle) checked. Then below that, it read Excluded Folders with a small list of I...
  10. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...