Windows 10: Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors

Discus and support Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 8.1, Microsoft addressed some of the problems that scuffed the original Windows 8 release, smoothing the cracks between desktop and touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by silkstone, Nov 6, 2008.

1. silkstone Win User

Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors

Read more - http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...rumors-1191563

:)

silkstone, Nov 6, 2008

2. How can i update my phone lumia 625 windows 8.1

There is no release date announced yet. The rumor of June 24th was exactly that, a rumor.

WinstonImmanuel, Nov 6, 2008
  3. N82 firmware

are there any rumors about the specific release-date of a new firmware?

Message Edited by on 07-Sep-2008 09:28 PM

anand Vickyanand Vicky, Nov 6, 2008
  4. 95Viper Win User

My guess is they will have Win8.2 early next year and Win9 in 2015.

95Viper, Nov 6, 2008
  5. silkstone Win User
    Been churning out OS's quite regularly since Vista, Microsoft has. Personally I don't think its necessary to release something so often. The Linux crowd do that (every 6 months actually) and it isn't always a happy experience. I'm quite content to wait for the perfect, finely tuned OS experience.

silkstone, Nov 6, 2008
  6. malware Win User
    I would also say that, with the "timetable" in mind, to release something called 8.2 next year, would have a bad impact on let us say, Windows 9. But maybe that is the plan. No more innovative new OSs, just a progression, through updates, of the existing one

malware, Nov 6, 2008
  7. 95Viper Win User
    Anything "New & Improved" will be welcome here. Win 8.? still leaves a lot to be desired for the OLD Home PC user. And just another PITA for us tech's, like to explain to an old user, why their O.E.6 is gone forever.
    I just installed Thunderbird today, on a Win-8.1, 32 bit machine and it's really a close match for O.E.6, but not a true CLONE. It does import the old Address Book from OE6 with little to no problem.

So now we wait...... for the 'Next Big Thing', Eh?

*Cool

95Viper, Nov 6, 2008
  8. kyle2020 Win User

I'm hoping they don't release another one yet, unless they do a cheap deal like they did with Windows 7, I can't afford another one yet and I quite like this 8.1 Notebook. *Wink

kyle2020, Nov 6, 2008
  9. 95Viper Win User
    8.2! 8.2! 9.0!!! I only found out about 8.1 yesterday!

I guess that's being effectively-offline for a year, for you! Say hello to Rosie, Joanie B. She's curled up on my lap. I can't reach my coffee or cigs and I'm using the onscreen keyboard. It'd be just like the old days if Mike was around; up half the night, typing into the void! Just dling 3rd version of 8.1 - x86 one for testing in VPC. Obviously, I'm increasingly supporting W8 users, so running it purely for that. I do prefer it - as long as it has a retro-fitted Start Menu, that is - to Vista. I was going to install Vista in VPC, then realised I'd lost the key. Meh.

95Viper, Nov 6, 2008
  10. silkstone Win User
    I stand by this. Not really interested in updates on an existing OS. Rather I would want something brand... all shiny and beautiful and unknown... and desktop oriented...

silkstone, Nov 6, 2008
  11. silkstone Win User
    Well hello there friend, it's so nice to hear from you again, I've missed you and as many times as I tell myself I'll give you a ring the times gone and I've not done it, sorry, sending my love to Rosie I've got a new kitten now as well. Post in the Chillout room and we can carry on talking. *Wink

silkstone, Nov 6, 2008
  12. allen337 Win User
    The way I see it is 8.2 is just additions/modifications to the current 8/8.1. Windows 9 however, is a separate project. 8.2 will likely be free to those running 8/8.1. 9 will likely be a pay for to get version. It wouldn't surprise me if it was subscription based or has it as an option.
    I'm looking forward to the 8.2 update. I liked what they did Metro wise in 8.1 and hope they do more improvements.

allen337, Nov 6, 2008
  13. silkstone Win User

More rumors:

Further Changes Coming in Windows "Threshold"

More on Microsoft's SKU-morphic Windows vision

Maybe they were listening to their users, will be interesting to see what they come up with.

silkstone, Nov 6, 2008
  14. kyle2020 Win User
    It makes sense to me to offer different SKU editions with different buying options to satisfy everyone. They could also offer a cloud and/or as alphanumeric has suggested a subscription model.

Different editions would be along the lines of Linux distros. All in all, I think it would be better than what the competition is offering. They would have to be careful, though, as not to be confusing as we've seen with the Surface RT vs the Pro.

kyle2020, Nov 6, 2008
  15. tigger Win User
    I think they had this in mind all along, just tried to force people onto the start page, many need a push to new things, others need to be shoved *Wink

tigger, Nov 6, 2008
Thema:

1. Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors - Similar Threads - release date news

2. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  3. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  4. Rumor: Windows 11 version 22H2 release date could be September 20, 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Windows 11 version 22H2 release date could be September 20, 2022: The first feature update for Windows 11, version 22H2, could be released as early as September 20, 2022 according to Windows Central. Microsoft has not confirmed the date, and the site cites contacts close to the company as the source for the release date. [ATTACH] In late...
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, features, and news

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, features, and news: Windows 10 May 2020 Update is the major update for Microsoft’s constantly-evolving operating system. Also known as Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H1, the May 2020 Update is another attempt at improving the desktop experience with new features, performance improvements and more....
  6. Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November: For those who don’t know, Microsoft is currently working on it’s first non-patch update for Windows 10, currently codenamed Threshold 2 and was originally supposed to launch sometime in October. But as of recently, it appears that release window may have slipped ever so...
  7. Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date

in Windows 10 News
    Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date: Microsoft to Launch Windows 9 Preview in February 2015 – Rumor More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...r-442433.shtml 1572
  8. Kaby Lake Intel Core processor 7th-gen CPU news, rumors & release date

in Windows 10 News
    Kaby Lake Intel Core processor 7th-gen CPU news, rumors & release date: Update: Intel showed off a glimpse of what its latest chips are capable of during its IDF 2016 keynote, but not much else so far. Read on to learn more about that very glimpse. Kaby Lake is the next generation of CPUs from Intel. Right now we're in the Skylake generation....
  9. Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake: With Windows 9 rumored to be coming out early next year, there's little reason for businesses just transitioning off Windows XP to ever deploy Windows 8, experts say. With a user learning curve, hardware update, and apps compatibility all posing potential hurdles to...
  10. Windows 9 release date, news and rumours

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 release date, news and rumours: With Windows 8 and now Windows 8.1, Microsoft tried - not entirely successfully - to make tablets part of a continuum that goes from number-crunching workstations and high-end gaming rigs through all-in-one touchscreen media systems and thin-and light notebooks down to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone 8.2 release