Windows 10: Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors

Discus and support Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I hope 8.2 will be a better update over 8.1 because that version didn't work for me at all. Perhaps this update was not a great one for BootCamp.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by silkstone, Nov 6, 2008.

1. PP Mguire Win User

Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors

I hope 8.2 will be a better update over 8.1 because that version didn't work for me at all. Perhaps this update was not a great one for BootCamp. Excited about the change-logs for 8.2!

Cheers

PP Mguire, Nov 6, 2008
  2. silkstone Win User

A lot of people had issues when they updated to 8.1 though the Microsoft store. I did when I tried the preview that way. No problems with a clean install though.

silkstone, Nov 6, 2008
  3. kyle2020 Win User
    To bad Windows has no option like OS X to do a clean install of the OS and after that migrate your users/apps etc!

But when 8.2 comes out I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip!!!

kyle2020, Nov 6, 2008
  4. DOM
    DOM Win User

If your logging in with a Microsoft Live ID a lot of your settings and Apps can be synced.
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html
    After a clean install when I log in with My Live ID my wallpaper, user picture, colors, metro screen apps and layout etc, all gets restored. The only thing I lose is installed programs like Microsoft office etc. It's better than nothing.

Thema:

1. Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors - Similar Threads - release date news

2. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  3. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  4. Rumor: Windows 11 version 22H2 release date could be September 20, 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Windows 11 version 22H2 release date could be September 20, 2022: The first feature update for Windows 11, version 22H2, could be released as early as September 20, 2022 according to Windows Central. Microsoft has not confirmed the date, and the site cites contacts close to the company as the source for the release date. [ATTACH] In late...
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, features, and news

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, features, and news: Windows 10 May 2020 Update is the major update for Microsoft’s constantly-evolving operating system. Also known as Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H1, the May 2020 Update is another attempt at improving the desktop experience with new features, performance improvements and more....
  6. Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November: For those who don’t know, Microsoft is currently working on it’s first non-patch update for Windows 10, currently codenamed Threshold 2 and was originally supposed to launch sometime in October. But as of recently, it appears that release window may have slipped ever so...
  7. Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date

in Windows 10 News
    Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date: Microsoft to Launch Windows 9 Preview in February 2015 – Rumor More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...r-442433.shtml 1572
  8. Kaby Lake Intel Core processor 7th-gen CPU news, rumors & release date

in Windows 10 News
    Kaby Lake Intel Core processor 7th-gen CPU news, rumors & release date: Update: Intel showed off a glimpse of what its latest chips are capable of during its IDF 2016 keynote, but not much else so far. Read on to learn more about that very glimpse. Kaby Lake is the next generation of CPUs from Intel. Right now we're in the Skylake generation....
  9. Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake: With Windows 9 rumored to be coming out early next year, there's little reason for businesses just transitioning off Windows XP to ever deploy Windows 8, experts say. With a user learning curve, hardware update, and apps compatibility all posing potential hurdles to...
  10. Windows 9 release date, news and rumours

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 release date, news and rumours: With Windows 8 and now Windows 8.1, Microsoft tried - not entirely successfully - to make tablets part of a continuum that goes from number-crunching workstations and high-end gaming rigs through all-in-one touchscreen media systems and thin-and light notebooks down to...