Windows 10: Windows 8 and 10 are both on my computer

Discus and support Windows 8 and 10 are both on my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why do I have Windows8_OS(C:) in my windows file explorer but my computer says I have Windows 10 Home edition?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonoJay1, Jul 28, 2019.

1. JonoJay1 Win User

Windows 8 and 10 are both on my computer

Why do I have Windows8_OS(CWindows 8 and 10 are both on my computer :) in my windows file explorer but my computer says I have Windows 10 Home edition?

:)

JonoJay1, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 28, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Windows 8 and 10 are both on my computer

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 8 and 10 are both on my computer

1. Windows 8 and 10 are both on my computer - Similar Threads - are both computer

2. Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?: Hello,I had to reboot an old computer to factory settings and it reverted back to Windows 8. I tried updating it to windows 10 and the error message "0x80072f8f-0x20000" keeps coming up. Some forums suggest to update first to Windows 8.1 but this is no longer available. Is it...
  3. Windows 11 = Windows 8: Both failed miserably.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 = Windows 8: Both failed miserably.: Let's compare the lack of a Start Button/Menu in Windows 8.0 to Windows 11 not having a full featured Taskbar like W10 and W7. Secondly, the public quickly learned that W8 was a nightmare compared to Vista. This new experience with W11 is so darn similar it boggles the mind!I...
  4. Windows 11 = Windows 8: Both failed miserably.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 = Windows 8: Both failed miserably.: Let's compare the lack of a Start Button/Menu in Windows 8.0 to Windows 11 not having a full featured Taskbar like W10 and W7. Secondly, the public quickly learned that W8 was a nightmare compared to Vista. This new experience with W11 is so darn similar it boggles the mind!I...
  5. Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer: I have a virtual windows 8 computer and a windows 10 computer. What I actually want is to share files between them. The problem with them is that they can't connect with each other using same the home group. I have made all the necessary options in both computers such as...
  6. Windows Update took down both of my computers!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update took down both of my computers!: I work from home and need my computer! I thought that I got a virus took out my other computer just for it to do the same thing moments later after the new update! I am going to loose my job and my back ups are gone can use dism or sfc can't install registry is gone. Now I...
  7. PDF killed my both computers?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PDF killed my both computers?: So I study architecture, and I was working on a presentation. I opened a PDF file wich i needed, but apparently it was too heavy, because when i saved it, it crashed my computer, and now every time I reboot it, I cant do anything because the spinning wheel apears, and it...
  8. Black background on both my computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black background on both my computers: submitted by /u/YutiorPrime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqu5nn/black_background_on_both_my_computers/
  9. Computer on network invisible to other computer. Both Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer on network invisible to other computer. Both Windows 10.: Can someone please help, this is driving me crazy. I can see one computer on the network from the other computer but not the other way around. I have network and sharing turned on on both computers. Regards, Stuart...
  10. Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?: I installed W10 onto my daughters laptop, but rolled back to W8. Is it possible, now that there is a license for each, to partition and do a clean install of 10 creating a dual boot? and will both be licensed? Thank you. 99619