Windows 10: Windows 8 and 10 boot options

Discus and support Windows 8 and 10 boot options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10 on my hp envy dv6-7363cl. During the installation, I had a problem with the primary drive (MBR and UEFI compatibility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elly, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Elly Win User

Windows 8 and 10 boot options

I recently installed windows 10 on my hp envy dv6-7363cl. During the installation, I had a problem with the primary drive (MBR and UEFI compatibility issue in reference to the bootmedia). I was able to fix it but not before formatting the partition on which windows 8 was installed on.
    Win 10 is working now, but I always get the option of choosing between windows 8 and 10 when I boot.
    When I pick the win8 option, it doesn't do much (just a continuous loop of "diagnosing pc" and "automatic repairs"). I do understand why this may be so but if there is no more windows 8 on my pc, why do I get that option always.
    Can I get a way of removing that option so windows 10 boots directly?
    PS: I still have my other partitions including Recovery, intact.

:)

2. No "Windows Boot Manager" entry of Boot Configuration of UEFI for Surface Pro 4

Can we see a picture?

If it's Boot Priority then you should be able to move Storage above USB which is how WIndows Boot Manager always appears. Then Boot a Device is handled via

How To Access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8 or 10
    or
    BIOS Boot Menu Key

Secure Boot works in Windows 10. I've not seen it be a problem yet.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Windows 8 and 10 boot options

You could do it by hand-editing the BCD to remove the Win8 entry. But, if you don't feel comfortable doing that, then download and install EasyBCD from NeoSmart Technologies. It is an app that will allow you to remove the entry without having to hand-edit the BCD.

Mark Phelps, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Elly Win User
    Thanks. Would try that.

Elly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 8 and 10 boot options

1. Windows 8 and 10 boot options - Similar Threads - boot options

2. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  3. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  4. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...: This is the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-update-to-w11-and-activate-the-secure-boot/cab4c3b1-5f32-4023-9383-d86619931229
  6. When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...: This is the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-update-to-w11-and-activate-the-secure-boot/cab4c3b1-5f32-4023-9383-d86619931229
  7. I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,: I tried pressing all fn keys , delete key , esc key , but the advanced recovery screen not opens , how can I open advanced options screen , only f2 and f12 works , f2 opens bios setting setup utility and f12 opens a screen named boot manager as it's heading...
  8. I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,

I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,: I tried pressing all fn keys , delete key , esc key , but the advanced recovery screen not opens , how can I open advanced options screen , only f2 and f12 works , f2 opens bios setting setup utility and f12 opens a screen named boot manager as it's heading...
  9. Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...: I need help with cloning.I have a Dell G3 15 3590 with 2 Physical Disks - M2 PCI 128 GB and a SATA 1 TB. Both GPTMy OS is installed on the 128GB drive and is filling up causing my overall performance to slow down. I tried cloning the 128GB onto the 1TB using Macrium Reflect....
  10. Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...

Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...: I need help with cloning.I have a Dell G3 15 3590 with 2 Physical Disks - M2 PCI 128 GB and a SATA 1 TB. Both GPTMy OS is installed on the 128GB drive and is filling up causing my overall performance to slow down. I tried cloning the 128GB onto the 1TB using Macrium Reflect....