Windows 10: Windows 8 desktop background image returned on Win 10 clean install?

Discus and support Windows 8 desktop background image returned on Win 10 clean install? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This isn't a major problem, but I would just like to understand how it happened. Some background. This is a Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Astrolite, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Astrolite Win User

Windows 8 desktop background image returned on Win 10 clean install?

This isn't a major problem, but I would just like to understand how it happened.

Some background. This is a Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD drive. The original HDD is still in the computer with a corrupt version of Windows 8 on it. My Windows 10 installation did not require a password to log on.

Last evening I searched, in the app store, for a version of Spider Solitaire that I had previously used on Windows 8. The app store wanted me to log on to download and install it. I think my mistake was that I used my old password to attempt to log on, maybe should have left that field blank. The app store didn't recognize my old password, probably because none was setup, and then I proceeded with the whole "forgot password", "new password" setup routine.

Now, this morning, when I boot up Windows I have to use a password to log on. I think I understand how that happened and have already corrected it. But what I don't understand is when Windows boots to the desktop my old Windows 8 background image is back! That picture is not even on my C drive! It does still reside somewhere on the old D drive, but how did this happen?

:)

Astrolite, Aug 9, 2016
  2. Megablok Win User

Nokia Lumia 920 driver error

Have the same issue. Returned the phone for a warranty replacement - got the new phone. Exact same problem. No Resolutions!

AAARgh.

Wish I could post images of troubleshooting on Windows 8 Desktop for this issue.

Phone Software Version: 1232.5951.1249.0001

Windows Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (Upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate)

Gonna try a clean install of Win8 and will post again.

Megablok, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Nuux Win User
    I cant change theme on my computer.

Okay, i checked and i have full administrative privileges.

i also tried the local account, but it was still the same, the button that leads to where i can pick the pictures i want the computer to have as a theme is not there.

If you see in this picture> To the left is the win 8 Personalization and to the right is win 10 Personalization

Windows 8 desktop background image returned on Win 10 clean install? [​IMG]

and if you look closely, you will see that the button that says: desktop background is gone in win 10, and in win 8 when i wanted to add pictures in my theme, i went into the desktop background and simply
    added pictures, but in win 10 that function is gone.

2: no there werent any error codes

Nuux, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Windows 8 desktop background image returned on Win 10 clean install?

Ok the way this work is to access the store you need your MS account login. To login to Windows 10 you need a MS account or a local account. You can login using a local account when you click on the store it will ask for your username and PW the first time but after that is stored for future use. The same is true with Onedrive. If you login to Windows with your MS account some setting are stored with your account and wallpaper (background) is one of them. This is the same with Chrome if you login using your Gmail account your favorite will display in the Chrome browser.

orlbuckeye, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Astrolite Win User
    Thank you, makes sense.

Astrolite, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 8 desktop background image returned on Win 10 clean install?

1. Windows 8 desktop background image returned on Win 10 clean install? - Similar Threads - desktop background image

2. "Windows Swirl" images keeps returning as screen background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Swirl" images keeps returning as screen background.: After deleting all "Windows Swirl" images from my computer Windows 11 Home edition, this image keeps returning as the Login screen background.And yes, I have already configure my lock screen background image with the one I want.And yes I have selected the option to "Show Lock...
  3. "Windows Swirl" images keeps returning as screen background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows Swirl" images keeps returning as screen background.: After deleting all "Windows Swirl" images from my computer Windows 11 Home edition, this image keeps returning as the Login screen background.And yes, I have already configure my lock screen background image with the one I want.And yes I have selected the option to "Show Lock...
  4. return to pre-installed Win 8 from Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    return to pre-installed Win 8 from Win10: An ASUS q500a purchased in 2012 w/Windows 8 pre-installed. Not long later I give it to my mom.In 2017 my mom complains that this pc has gotten very slow. I notice boot up is slow, opening apps is slow, and the computer always seems busy - because it's slow? This computer is a...
  5. DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE: Can someone please tell me how to change the background image on my desktop - it USED to be on the page where you set your screen saver - but obviously someone wanted to hide it from us old people . -= How do I now find where I can change it - it has picked an image from...
  6. Desktop Background Image

Desktop Background Image: I want to share my current desktop background image. How may I copy and send that image file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-image/3fd31b9c-54e6-41c3-a3e9-add795e419f2
  7. desktop background image will not display

desktop background image will not display: had windows 7. now have windows 10. the start menu shows small version of correct desktop image I have chosen (family picture) but on the desktop it is black background. I can change the desktop image and it will remain black, yet the start menu image WILL change. so why...
  8. Saved image desktop backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved image desktop backgrounds: What is the directory in Windows 10 in which a selected image (after being applied to desktop background) is saved? 15565
  9. Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?

Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?: As topic says, friends laptop had Win 8 and he updated to Win 10. Now I wonder if he can install a clean Win 10 through USB with his Win 8 serialkey. 40889
  10. Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions

Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions: Hi everyone, i've upgraded from windows 8.1 with uefi bios, so basically now i can do clean install 10 without product key? But the real question is: My pc have 8 partitions, the primary one, 5 of recovery, 1 oem and 1 efi. Can i delete all partitions and create only one?...