Windows 10: Windows 8 license key on Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 8 license key on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my computer. Is it possible to activate Windows 10 With an unused Windows 8.1 key? Or do i have to downgrade to Windows 8.1,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gjeruldsen, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Windows 8 license key on Windows 10

I have Windows 10 on my computer. Is it possible to activate Windows 10 With an unused Windows 8.1 key? Or do i have to downgrade to Windows 8.1, activate it and then upgrade to Windows 10 again?

Thanks for replying *Smile

:)

Gjeruldsen, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 OEM License Key Reactivation Error!

I have a windows 8 OEM genuine license key. I'm installing windows license key virtual box checking the key in windows 10 activation first time. my virtual machine windows 10 was activated in my windows 8 OEM key after the activation I'm cleaning my laptop
    windows 10 and install fresh windows 10 again in my dell laptop and I'm using that license key again but my windows 10 can't activating.. my virtual box windows lost and windows or old data lost but my new windows can't activating how to activate the again
    using the same license key please help me my OEM License key purchasing money waste..

Muhammad Aadil, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from 8.1 home

Volume License key doesn't qualify for free Upgrade.

See
    Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help:

Note

• Some Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1product keys can't be used to activate
      Windows 10, such as product keys for volume licensing, including Generic Volume Licensing Keys (GVLK) and Multiple Activation Keys (MAK), and Windows 7 Enterprise,
      Windows 8 Enterprise, and Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 2, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 8 license key on Windows 10

Yes.. you can't activate Win10 with a Win8.1 key. Downgrade.. activate and then upgrade.
    PS, welcome to the forums

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Okey, thanks for the quick reply

Gjeruldsen, Aug 2, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    You're welcome.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 8 license key on Windows 10

1. Windows 8 license key on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - license key

2. Retrieve Window License key for Windows 10 provided by laptop manufacturer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieve Window License key for Windows 10 provided by laptop manufacturer: Hi, I need to know how could I get the windows license key for windows 10 preinstalled with my HP laptop. Can I use that if I have to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch on same laptop?...
  3. If I completely wipe everything on my SSD, can I use the same windows license key that I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I completely wipe everything on my SSD, can I use the same windows license key that I...: I have some adware on my authentic windows 10 computer that isn't detected by security programs. It just plays advertisements on low volume 24/7 so I tried to factory reset it but I can still hear it when Windows is loading on the login screen and after I log into my...
  4. Windows License Key

Windows License Key: Hello. To start of, I'm not very tech savvy so apologies if this is hard to understand but I have a problem. I bought a secondhand mini PC from a friend's friend around 2 years ago. I've never encountered any problem until it bluescreened around a month ago. I went to get it...
  5. License Key Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License Key Help: I have a license key linked to my Microsoft account currently being used on only one PC and am planning to switch to a new PC soon. Will I be able to use the key to activate Windows? Will I have to somehow remove the license from the old PC?...
  6. Will I lose the Old license linked to my Microsoft account if I enter a new product key?

Will I lose the Old license linked to my Microsoft account if I enter a new product key?: My home PC is running on Windows 10 Pro. I activated it using a cheap key from an online store, 1-2 years ago. Today, when I run slmgr /dlv, it shows VOLUME_MAK Channel, which indicates it's a volume licensing key. I got a RETAIL key now. If I change the product key to...
  7. Windows License Key / Windows Activation

Windows License Key / Windows Activation: Hello everyone! So at some point after some updates from Microsoft i noticed a notification kept popping up. I was being told that Windows is not activated like as i didnt have a licensed product key. The device is a Lenovo ideapad 310 bought with a Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Frest Start's effect on Office Licenses/keys

Frest Start's effect on Office Licenses/keys: Hi all, I did some browsing here on the sub and on windows' official website for an answer but haven't had any luck to my question. Here's my problem. I would like to run Fresh Start to reinstall windows 10. I've been having some issues with booting, where it would boot to a...
  9. Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not...

Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not...: Hi, I bought a Refurbished laptop from Amazon about 6 months ago. It came with Windows 10 Pro installed on it, but I started getting a message that my Windows license was expiring soon. I discovered the Windows 10 Pro was installed using a KMS volume client, and since it...
  10. my licenses key deactivated

my licenses key deactivated: dont know what happend i powered down for the night and when i started in this morning it now says activate windows key submitted by /u/zzzpotatozzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ingx69/my_licenses_key_deactivated/