Windows 10: Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, On my Asus UX305, I kept my Windows 8.1, because I actually like the Start Menu. I know that it is possible to have a similar setup in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Manolito Mystiq, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10

Dear all,

On my Asus UX305, I kept my Windows 8.1, because I actually like the Start Menu.

I know that it is possible to have a similar setup in Windows 10, but it definitely does not look the same. Is there a way that I can edit the background of the Start Menu in Windows 10 to make it look like Windows 8.1 (see images)?

Start Menu Windows 8.1

Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Start Menu Windows 10

Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Manolito Mystiq, Jul 21, 2016
  2. suat.cini Win User

How can I get the Windows 7 start menu on Windows 10 ?

Hi.

You may need to install a third-party program to get Windows 7 menu style in Windows 10.

I use Start10 from Stardock.

There may also be free programs. Please have a look at this: < Windows 7 style Start Menu link >

Hope this helps.

suat.cini, Jul 21, 2016
  3. JudaZ Win User
    Can I get the Windows 8.1 start screen back in Windows 10?

I want to know if it is possible to get the Windows 8.1 style start screen in Windows 10.

I don't mean a full screen start screen only, I want the "real" Windows 8.1 style start screen with a search button on the top right, user switching and power button, and a arrow down to the bottom left to see all apps.

I do not want a hamburger menu , that is not useful t all on a tablet for instance.

I see no point in getting back the Start menu since it is no longer 2009, I like the design of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, but seems this is all reverting to Windows 7 days of the past in Windows 10 and I feel this is a huge step back.

JudaZ, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10

There's Tablet mode, which is supposedly similar to Win 8/8.1 start menu. To find it there's a on/off button under the action centre.

Bastet, Jul 21, 2016
  5. I just checked that mode, and it is not the same—it is not even similar.

Manolito Mystiq, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10

1. Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start Menu STYLE

2. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  3. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  4. Context menu is not the Windows 10 style.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu is not the Windows 10 style.: Do you remember the classic context menu in Windows? i have it. and it would not change from the registry keys. and i do not believe 3rd party softwares, because they were all unknown publishers. right now, my context menu is in classic style, now i only can wait for a new...
  5. Old style start menu

Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba
  6. Start Menu Apps fonts style

Start Menu Apps fonts style: i have recently changed windows 10 fonts style using registry editor but start menu Apps fonts style is not changed why? suggest if any method. i want to make my PC stylish...
  7. trying to get the "old style" Windows 10 start menu

trying to get the "old style" Windows 10 start menu: Forum newbie with a quick question here, had to reinstall a new PC with latest Windows 10 build, and I'm trying to get the "old style" Windows 10 start menu working. I unpin all the tiles and shrink the menu horizontally. I had thought that the ease of doing this was a plus...
  8. Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen: Hi, Is there any way of restoring to the older Windows 8 style start screen? I was able to do this in the previous iteration of the preview, but unable to do it on the current 9926. Thanks 4238
  9. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323
  10. Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style?: My wife's laptop auto updated to Windows 10 last week and everything had been working perfectly until yesterday. Suddenly her desktop/start menu reverted from the new Windows 10 start menu to the old Windows 8.1 desktop. I did some searching and supposedly if you go through...