Windows 10: Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question

Discus and support Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I purchased my laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed (32bit). Couple years later I completed the free upgrade to Windows 10 (also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bruinblu, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Bruinblu Win User

Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question

Hello everyone,

I purchased my laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed (32bit). Couple years later I completed the free upgrade to Windows 10 (also 32bit).

Now, I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 from 32bit to 64 bit, however, when I am asked to enter the product key, I enter the key that I was able to pull from my computer using the cmd: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

However, it indicates that the key was not able to be verified/validated.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

:)

Bruinblu, Jul 13, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jul 13, 2019
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Windows 8 Clubhouse

I don't think that tool asks for a key if you are running the version of Windows you are trying to download the ISO for.

FX-GMC, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question

1. Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question - Similar Threads - product key question

2. Windows product key question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows product key question: I am buying a used gaming pc and I am going to change the storage on it i was told that i would have to reinstall windows so while reinstalling windows do I need to get a new product key or will the pc have one that I can reuse I don't want to have to spend alot of money for...
  3. Windows product key question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows product key question: I am buying a used gaming pc and I am going to change the storage on it i was told that i would have to reinstall windows so while reinstalling windows do I need to get a new product key or will the pc have one that I can reuse I don't want to have to spend alot of money for...
  4. Windows product key question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  6. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  7. Windows 10 product key question

Windows 10 product key question: Goodwill sells reconditioned laptops with Windows 10 Pro installed but my magic jellybean product key finder reports the Windows as Windows 10 Enterprise. Will the product key that appears work with the free Windows 10 ISO download so I can do a clean Windows install on the...
  8. Windows 10 product key question

Windows 10 product key question: I built my own computer about 3 years ago and bought Windows 10 pro from Microsoft. It is a digital key basically. I want to give this computer to my dad as he needs something since his laptop is slowing up for him and I will build a newer machine. If i reset this...
  9. Windows Product Key Question

Windows Product Key Question: Let's say I have a "Windows 10 Pro For OEM Software" Product Key. I want to use that product key instead of my current Windows 10 Home. It is already used however. Let's say I have a pre-installed Windows 10 Home, and I want to change the product key to Windows 10 Pro. Will...
  10. Windows 10 Product Key Question

Windows 10 Product Key Question: I have a question, now my laptop came pre-installed with Windows and I messed it up and installed Linux so my laptop wouldn't become a paper-weight, and then I burned the Windows 10 ISO too a disc and installed it like that but during the installation I wasn't even asked for...