Windows 10: Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DonMason, Jun 12, 2022.

1. DonMason Win User

Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am consistently asked to provide my Activation Key or my Digital Licence Key, I don't have either of those.Where do I go from Here ?

:)

DonMason, Jun 12, 2022
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 12, 2022
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 12, 2022
  4. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Jun 12, 2022
Thema:

Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

1. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10 - Similar Threads - upgraded Free

2. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  3. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  4. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  6. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  7. Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...: Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive failure and need to load Windows 10 again. I do not have a product key. How do I obtain one? I need to download a fresh version of Windows 10. I will need to know where to get a copy and...
  8. Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...

Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...: Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive failure and need to load Windows 10 again. I do not have a product key. How do I obtain one? I need to download a fresh version of Windows 10. I will need to know where to get a copy and...
  9. Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. free windows 11 upgrade

free windows 11 upgrade: how can i upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-11-upgrade/e1eee10c-b511-428b-adab-8c25cb623864