Windows 10: Windows 9 announcement parties

Discus and support Windows 9 announcement parties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anybody remember this from Win7 days, or know if MS is planning to do it again? I was very active in the Sevenforum back before Win7 was introduced.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donnyb, Jul 8, 2014.

1. donnyb Win User

Windows 9 announcement parties

Anybody remember this from Win7 days, or know if MS is planning to do it again? I was very active in the Sevenforum back before Win7 was introduced. There was an invitation posted to parties around the US on the day Win7 was released. These parties were held in several large cities and were worthwhile to attend. They handed out one Win7 disk with activation key, and several other goodies like t-shirts, keychains, etc. They also demonstrated the new features of Win7. So, the question is: Anybody have an inside track to know if MS will do this again?

:)

donnyb, Jul 8, 2014
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

Windows phone 9

Are you sure that the blog was related to Windows Phone 9 and came from an official source? Windows Phone 9 has not yet been announced.

Windows 9 (desktop software) is being announced at a conference on the 30th September.

[ Pete ], Jul 8, 2014
  3. Messenger (GTalk/AIM/Yahoo/MSN) applications

There's a third party messenger application in the Marketplace ("Messenger by Miyowa") that will connect to Windows Live Messenger. Beyond that I can't say that I've come across any announcements of parties planning to make other messengers.

It's difficult to know since there's not a centralized place at which third parties make an announcement (Assuming the third party chooses to make an announcement) of what applications they are developing.

|
    http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP | Software Engineer

Joel Ivory Johnson, Jul 8, 2014
Thema:

Windows 9 announcement parties

1. Windows 9 announcement parties - Similar Threads - announcement parties

2. Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?: Hi. will there be a new announcement coming soon that will enable at least those 6th and 7th gen processors to upgrade to windows 11 automatically? I'm using an i7 7700HQ intel processor and that is the only missing in windows 11 compatibility. The rest of the requirement is...
  3. Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows 11 new announcements?: Hi. will there be a new announcement coming soon that will enable at least those 6th and 7th gen processors to upgrade to windows 11 automatically? I'm using an i7 7700HQ intel processor and that is the only missing in windows 11 compatibility. The rest of the requirement is...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19044.1200 (21H2)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19044.1200 (21H2): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SadOutlandishness719 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/p7a16a/announcing_windows_10_insider_preview_build/
  5. Spot announcements

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spot announcements: How to block those annoying spots with different announcement that show up in the corner of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/spot-announcements/b26da86b-bc09-49bd-a222-595e54b5af0a
  6. Microsoft makes it official: Windows 10 version 21H2 announced

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes it official: Windows 10 version 21H2 announced: Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 21H2, a feature update for the company's Windows 10 operating system, later this year. The company unveiled Windows 11 earlier this year as the next version of Windows. Customers who run Windows 10 may upgrade to the new version...
  7. Announcing .NET 6 Preview 6

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET 6 Preview 6: We are happy to release .NET 6 Preview 6. Preview 6 is the second to last preview before we enter the RC period. There will be two RCs. This release itself is relatively small, while Preview 7 will be bigger. After that, we’re down to quality fixes until the final...
  8. Microsoft formally announces Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft formally announces Windows 11: The next generation of Windows, which has been referred to by Microsoft watchers as ‘Windows Sun Valley’, is now official. Today, Microsoft revealed that its next major OS will get the name we all expected – Windows 11. During the event, Microsoft executives revealed what...
  9. Is windows 11 announcement there on 24th June?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is windows 11 announcement there on 24th June?: Hi. I have checked all around and they are saying that the live event of Microsoft is the announcement of new windows which is Windows 11. Can someone say what the whole fuss is going on?...
  10. Google announces plans to phase out 3rd party cookies in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces plans to phase out 3rd party cookies in Chrome: In August, we announced a new initiative (known as Privacy Sandbox) to develop a set of open standards to fundamentally enhance privacy on the web. Our goal for this open source initiative is to make the web more private and secure for users, while also supporting publishers....