Windows 9: Building an Operating System for Human Beings

Discus and support Windows 9: Building an Operating System for Human Beings in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Windows 8 wasn’t quite a breathtaking product, and pretty much everyone knows that after launch, adoption of the modern operating system remained very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 17, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

More

labeeman, Sep 17, 2014
  2. LittleJay Win User

Well...it will be interesting to see just well MS does in becoming a "consumer shaped company". Bring on W9!!! *Biggrin

:)

LittleJay, Sep 17, 2014
  3. RalphHosmer Win User
    WIN10 Upgrade for Normal Human Beings

My "Get Windows 10" Icon says "... Wait for Notification". Sounds good to me. I'm not a computer 'Geek' and would appreciate a Simple, Easily Understood, Upgrade Process from Microsoft for Normal Human Beings. What can I anticipate/expect from Microsoft?

RalphHosmer, Sep 17, 2014
  4. Ruth Buruga Win User

WIN10 Upgrade for Normal Human Beings

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please follow the below link to know how to install Window 10 from Windows Technical Preview.

How to upgrade from the Windows 10 Insider Preview to Windows 10 RTM build

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues. I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 17, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    Given that it couldn't possibly be worse than 8, I think there'll be happy faces aplenty...

Rickkins, Sep 17, 2014
  6. Indianatone Win User
    I would like the "Look" of Seven with upgrades and performance enhancements to make the most of newer hardware that was not around when 7 & 8 core were written. Don't care one bit about modern interfaces but understand people do like that a lot on some PC and laptops tablets etc.
    Consumer based, does that mean the want to farm our data like Google and Apple do?

Indianatone, Sep 18, 2014
  7. LittleJay Win User
    If MS is truly going to become a consumer based company then giving us the choice to install W9 with only the options we want to use would be a good start.

LittleJay, Sep 18, 2014
  8. Trust_No1 Win User

I agree 100% percent.

Trust_No1, Sep 18, 2014
  9. Coke Robot Win User
    I would bet half a Bitcoin you could skin 9 to have Aero-likeness to it.

Coke Robot, Sep 18, 2014
  10. Ztruker Win User
    You can do that with 8.1 now, I have Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 installed and I now have most of the Aero look back.

Edit: All that's missing is the rounded corners on windows, a look I prefer.

Ztruker, Sep 19, 2014
  11. Wullail Win User
    I'm becoming very jaded about Windows overall now , too many installations of the latest and greatest OS where I've thought...MEH.....

I'm only hoping Win 9 will be heavily discounted for windows 8/8.1 users and the 'let us install what we want' doesn't mean we have to pay and pay and pay for extra features.

Wullail, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 9: Building an Operating System for Human Beings - Similar Threads - Building Operating System

1. Dark Theme won't work on build 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Dark Theme won't work on build 1803: Hey guys, just updated to windows 10, Build 1803. I was really pumped on the new Dark Theme offered by Windows but it only partially works. When I select dark theme, the settings window (and some other apps) will turn dark, but File Explorer and everything else does not....
  2. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17692 now available - June 19

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17692 now available - June 19: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 17692 or greater). The Preview SDK can be downloaded from developer section on Windows Insider. Release notes have not yet been made available by...
  3. Announcing Windows Server 2019 Insider Preview Build 17692 - June 19

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Server 2019 Insider Preview Build 17692 - June 19: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote] [quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are pleased to release a new build of the Windows Server vNext Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) release that contains both the Desktop Experience and Server Core in all 18...
  4. New Windows 10 IoT Core Build 17692 released for Insiders - June 18

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 IoT Core Build 17692 released for Insiders - June 18: We have released a new flight with the build number 17692 for insiders. If you discover any new issue, please report it using the feedback app. New this build: General bug fixes Known issues: F5 driver deployment from Visual Studio does not work on IoT Core. Node.js and...
  5. Office Insider v1807 fast build 10308.20006 - June 15

in Windows 10 News
    Office Insider v1807 fast build 10308.20006 - June 15: This article contains release notes for Insider builds of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and Project for Windows desktop. Every week, we’ll highlight interesting new features, important fixes, and any significant issues we want you to know about. Note that we often...
  6. Windows 10 build 14931 SFC scan cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 14931 SFC scan cannot perform the requested operation: I was just finally able to update to Windows 10 build 14931 after working on it for about a week on and off. By all appearances the update looks successful and my machine seems to work just fine after the update however when I do my regular checks after such an update and in...
  7. Windows 10 preview (build 10162) - OneDrive will not operate

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 preview (build 10162) - OneDrive will not operate: Hi, after installing Windows 10 (build 10162) OneDrive keeps asking me to choose folders to sync then crashes and restarts. Over and over. I've tried resetting it, deleting the folder with no luck. I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue. Thank you, Jason 7928
Windows 9: Building an Operating System for Human Beings solved