Windows 10: Windows 9 Delays the Migration Off Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 9 Delays the Migration Off Windows 7 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is on the radar, and Microsoft is set to deliver the first beta of this operating system sometime this month, but all rumors pointing to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Sep 8, 2014.

1. z3r010 Win User

Windows 9 Delays the Migration Off Windows 7

Read more

:)

z3r010, Sep 8, 2014
  2. jg61 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

Have been waiting since July 29th for the Windows 10 upgrade. I have a Dell 2350 All-In-One with Windows 8.1

My Sony Laptop with Windows 7 Upgraded in early August. Why the delay? Upon checking upgrade history, the last try to upgrade was

9/9/15 with a error code of 80240020. Details says that my computer is set up to log in automatically and there may be problems, but they are working with windows partners. I'm not sure if there is a time limit for the upgrade, but it's been 4months.

jg61, Sep 8, 2014
  3. Windows easy transfer

I would like to know how to migrate profile from a windows 7 to windows 10 machine. i know regarding the upgrade from 7 to 10 . But for profile migration which application can i depend like windows easy transfer in windows 7.

Anoop Mundakal, Sep 8, 2014
  4. Windows 9 Delays the Migration Off Windows 7

Why would businesses swap to a new OS, when many of them have only recently swapped to W7?

I suspect they are not planning to upgrade for many years (just like XP).

lehnerus2000, Sep 13, 2014
  5. Home Depot confirms security breach following Target data theft | Reuters

Reasons like this for example. This story I know kind of personally as I know someone who is a store manager of a Home Depot in my area and she's told me a while ago they just recently switched off from Windows xp to 7 on the registers this past spring. And also, a customer was found out to have had their account be part of the stolen credit/debit card numbers in this breach in that same store. Kind of scary. Also scary is the fact I could possibly be a victim of this...

Windows xp's as well as 7's security are pale in comparison to Windows 8. I honestly don't think Home Depot even USES anti-virus software at all, hence why something like this could have easily happened. Get past one firewall, all bets are off. Windows 8 and soon to be 9 have at least SOME base line anti-malware protection through Defender. It makes you wonder if those data systems, from registers to servers to PC terminals, were all running Windows 8 or at least a security software; a breach wouldn't have happened. But obviously security software usually costs money to evaluate, test, configure, and deploy so that probably could have been a reason why NOT to do so when there aren't any problems in doing so theoretically. If it were built into the operating system from the start, it would have to be used and deployed because doing so it not only lazy and arrogant, it's damn right irresponsible. Now the company is having to deal with trying to figure out how possibly large their data breach is because they probably didn't have such redundant safeguards in place and put at risk millions of peoples' debit and credit card information, including me.

Coke Robot, Sep 14, 2014
  6. People who read computer forums can see the benefits of having improved security.
    Businesses just see extra costs.

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 9 Delays the Migration Off Windows 7

1. Windows 9 Delays the Migration Off Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Delays Migration Off

2. Migration de Windows 7 vers Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migration de Windows 7 vers Windows10: Bonjour,J'ai téléchargé l'assistant d'installation Windows 10 sur mon pc Windows 7. Est ce que la migration vers Windows 10 sera gratuite?Cordialement....
  3. Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10: In order to migrate W7 to W10 I start the media creation tool but it stops with an error "cannot run this program on this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-windows-7-towards-windows-10/9b4f4310-3fd7-4aae-a39b-aa073db7601e
  4. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration - Few Questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration - Few Questions: Hi, I'm a gamer and due to Windows 7 ended support a few months ago, I'm still at the point where I need to unfortunately install Windows 10 to keep me secure and having support for a newer hardware. I'm also planing on building a new PC in few months so I heard that I can...
  5. Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10: In the many years I used Windows 7, I ran a freeware program Talking Alarm Clock byCinnamon Software. It is a valuable little program which I have tried unsuccessfully to install in my new Windows 10 PC. To begin with, trying to download it fromcinnamon.com is impossible,...
  6. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration Tools

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration Tools: [ATTACH]Whenever Microsoft ends support to an OS, it pushes consumers and enterprises to migrate to the latest version of Windows. The same has happened to […] This article Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration Tools first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration

Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration: I recently purchased a windows 10 key & downloaded the ISO file to perform a migration I performed an in-place migration & the unit picked up the digital key from windows 7 Home premium on the unit & indicated Windows 10 was digitally activated. Question is - is this a...
  8. Delaying Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade

Delaying Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade: I find reinstalling the operating system to be a hassle that should be postponed until system instability arises. I would like to postpone upgrading Windows for as long as possible. A window has come up titled "Get Windows 10" and it's talking about reserving and...
  9. Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?

in Windows 10 News
    Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?: Windows 7 continues to be the world’s leading operating system on the desktop, and everyone expects it to be extremely difficult to kill, especially due to the growing market share that keeps it on the leading spot of all charts. And still, Windows 7’s market share [img]...
  10. Microsoft Delays Windows 9 News, No Info at BUILD 2014

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Delays Windows 9 News, No Info at BUILD 2014: Windows 9 is expected to be Microsoft’s next big update for the Windows product family and people close to the matter explained that the BUILD 2014 developer conference in San Francisco was the moment when the company was supposed to share some details on this new project....