Windows 10: Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

Discus and support Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is very likely to make its debut in early 2015 and while Microsoft remains completely tight-lipped on the subject, it doesn’t necessarily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Unknown Team, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

Read the rest here:

:)

Unknown Team, Jul 13, 2009
  2. Cold Storm, Jul 12, 2009
  3. frickinaj Win User
    Hashtag at the top of the Win10 Start menu

This computer is running Win10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.1480. At the top of the Start menu, there's a little hashtag that looks like this:

Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen bae522e9-3a9c-46c8-8ddf-186dd260b39d.jpg

...and when you click it, you get the alphabet like this:

Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen e077e8cd-4f83-442f-afcb-dfad643a0969.jpg

...which I find very useful for finding a program quickly, rather than scrolling through a long list.

I have another computer running the same version of Win10, and it does not have that hashtag, nor does a friend's Win10 machine. My question is, how do you turn this on and off, and is it possible to default to that alphabet view, or write a script that
    would bring it up whenever you click Start?

frickinaj, Jul 12, 2009
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

they’re still making users dream about a major makeover of the next Windows version.

I don't know about you, but I have better things to dream about than what Windows 9 may, or may not look like. *Biggrin

95Viper, Jul 12, 2009
  5. kyle2020 Win User
    Yes I would rather be fishing or be dreaming about fishing.

kyle2020, Jul 12, 2009
  6. CH@NO Win User
    I'll wait until a beta version comes out then I'll see what it looks like.
    Until then,.. it's hockey season~!!
    Go B's!!

CH@NO, Jul 12, 2009
  7. frickinaj Win User
    Now you're talking my language! *Biggrin

frickinaj, Jul 12, 2009
  8. frickinaj Win User

as others have stated I just take a wait and see approach. . .*Smile

frickinaj, Jul 16, 2009
  9. kyle2020 Win User
    Go BS? Those are my initials *Wink

kyle2020, Jul 16, 2009
  10. DRDNA Win User
    If what the article suggests is true, it sounds like M$ is still making changes just for change's sake. What purpose would moving the task bar to the top of the screen serve? Better would be to allow users to put it where they want (I favor the left side myself).

DRDNA, Jul 16, 2009
  11. MilkyWay Win User
    ^^this.

Why move it to specific place. What do MS have against customization...

Good grief...

MilkyWay, Jul 16, 2009
  12. frickinaj Win User
    If, Perhaps, maybe if, it might, - The things some sites will print to drive ad revenue *Wink

frickinaj, Jul 16, 2009
  13. kyle2020 Win User

I just think it's speculation on the part of the author of the article. No more, no less.
    Until an alpha/beta comes out of Windows 9 no one will really know what it will really look like. IMO...

My 2c.
    Bunny,... *Biggrin

kyle2020, Jul 16, 2009
  14. Yup.... have to keep the readers coming back.

BababooeyHTJ, Jul 16, 2009
  15. frickinaj Win User
    Hey, here's a fun fact.... did you know that Montreal has won the cup in Boston more times than Boston has...:woot:

frickinaj, Jul 22, 2009
Thema:

1. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen - Similar Threads - Design Features Start

2. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  3. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  4. Taskbar move to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  5. Taskbar move to top

Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  6. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  7. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  8. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

9. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

10. Start Menu Designs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Designs: I have just updated my PC after I shut it down turned it back on and my start menu has been changed and now not sure how to change it back to what it was. I looked up and they say right click the start menu and click setting there is none of that there. *Mad [img] 61198