Windows 10: Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

Discus and support Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hey, here's a fun fact.... did you know that Montreal has won the cup in Boston more times than Boston has...:woot: *Sad Tis true.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Unknown Team, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Flyordie Win User

Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

*Sad Tis true....

Flyordie, Jul 22, 2009
  2. frickinaj Win User

Funny thing about rumors. . .that is all they are. . .*Thumbs

frickinaj, Jul 23, 2009
  3. Bundy Win User
    I am afraid with M$ so tight lipped that is all we are going to get until April, I do not expect much then either.

Bundy, Jul 23, 2009
  4. frickinaj Win User

Lots of rumors floating around. One I heard was Microsoft was going to switch to Roman Numerals when naming their OS. Windows 9 would be IX and Windows 10 would be OS X.

frickinaj, May 16, 2018
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm/! the fruit company might have a little something to say about that as they did when Microsoft went to the GUI back in the 3.xx days. . .*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

6. bebelsucu Win User
    While I doubt it, it would be following the current trend, such as Acrobat X and XI, and Mac's OSX. Win IX and Win X would fit right in.

bebelsucu, Jul 12, 2009
  7. yasirrfc Win User
    That's why I said if. it's amazing how much power that little two letter word wields.

yasirrfc, Jul 12, 2009
  8. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

Isn't that why Intel called it the "Pentium" and not the 568? If 586 was the processor type then they couldn't sue anyone for using the designation.

Next time I buy a pair of tennis shoes I'll be certain to refer to them as pedestrian racket appliances.

Darkgundam111, Jul 12, 2009
  9. Bundy Win User
    . . .ain't life fun. . .*Thumbs

Bundy, Jul 12, 2009
  10. Only when i consider the alternative. *Wink

A Cheese Danish, Jul 12, 2009
  11. I agree with others here, no sense making changes just for changes sake. Most of what I've been reading about it sounds like purely cosmetic changes. Now, I'm pretty much a fanboy of Microsoft/Windows, I can't deny that, but c'mon now MS leave the customization to US! Its our machine let us use it, make it look like WE want it to! Not like your "vision" for us says it should look.

silvernova, Jul 12, 2009
  12. Mussels Win User
    Good grief. Now MS is turning to linux and mac? Isn't that a bit too much you've done in a year Microsoft?

Mussels, Jul 12, 2009
  13. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

Please quit spreading FUD. You emphasized words and run with it similar to what this author does on a regular basis. "If what the article suggests is true"?!! No where does it state that MS is doing any such thing. It's about some young guy's design concept the author runs with dreaming about W9 > Absolute Lala Land! Geez.

BazookaJoe, Jul 12, 2009
  14. So I'm not allowed to have an opinion and something you disagree with is FUD (do you even know what FUD means)? Mayhap you missed where I said "if" (hint: it is the first word of the post).

silvernova, Jul 12, 2009
  15. Bundy Win User
    I tired of speculating about what is and isn't coming. Would love to see what they come up with. Can't wait for the alpha /beta screenshots to become available.

Bundy, May 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen - Similar Threads - Design Features Start

2. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  3. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  4. Taskbar move to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  5. Taskbar move to top

Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  6. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  7. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  8. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

9. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

10. Start Menu Designs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Designs: I have just updated my PC after I shut it down turned it back on and my start menu has been changed and now not sure how to change it back to what it was. I looked up and they say right click the start menu and click setting there is none of that there. *Mad [img] 61198