Windows 10: Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

Discus and support Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I tired of speculating about what is and isn't coming. Would love to see what they come up with. Can't wait for the alpha /beta screenshots to become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Unknown Team, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

I heard Windows 10 will have the Taskbar set to AutoJump. Every time you try to click on it, it randomly jumps to a different screen edge.

Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen b0222.gif

MilesAhead, Mar 8, 2014

2. I thought that was done in Windows 7. LOL

John W. in Carolina, Jul 13, 2009
  3. The BSOD is also now totally eliminated, never to be seen again.

Its now RED :smuggrin:

windowsvista911, Jul 13, 2009
  4. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

I think MS should let us choose which color we want for our BSODs. That way I could pick purple for the Minnesota Vikings. *Biggrin

boomstik360, Jul 13, 2009
    InnocentCriminal, Jul 13, 2009
  6. Sasqui Win User
    It should be graduated based on the severity.

Something happened. : (

That wasn't supposed to happen. = (

It sucks to be you. 8 (

Sasqui, Jul 14, 2009
  7. mudkip Win User
    Only in the Enterprise Edition. You get what you pay for. *Smile

mudkip, Jul 14, 2009
  8. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

Purple = Fail? *Biggrin

Unknown Team, Jul 14, 2009
  9. DOM
    DOM Win User
    I can just move my taskbar on top right now. That will save me money from getting Win 9. *Smile

View attachment 717

10. All these silly little come backs are great, albeit my stroke infested brain just cannot think of a good come back to any of them. . .:bigtears:

Unknown Team, Jul 14, 2009
  11. Dahaka Win User
    Well, nothing is perfect I guess. *Smile

Dahaka, Jul 14, 2009
  12. denice25 Win User
    I don't want to see a surge of task bars at the top lol.

denice25, Jul 14, 2009
  13. Binge Win User

Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

If Microsoft goes their usual way you should be able to move it to the bottom like you can move it to either side or the top at the present time. Really don't see them going the way of Mac OS X.

Binge, Jul 14, 2009
  14. DOM
    DOM Win User
    I surely hope not lol.

15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    judging by a few of the leaked features of Windows 8.1 Update the taskbar is likely to be of much more use than it currently is. I hope for instance that Custom Toolbars (already available and useful in Windows 8 / 8.1) could be activated by pressing a user KEY rather than having to use the mouse -- this then gives a really useful FLEXIBLE cascading menu system which could be very popular -- also avoiding the need of 3rd party apps to provide decent menuing.

The advent of popular new "Mini Desktop" systems (one sector of the PC market STILL GROWING !!! shows there's still a market for classical computer users who don't do everything by touch screens.

The taskbar will be moveable as it is now I'm sure -- the whole idea anyway of having "Fixed Widgets" is going backwards -- people have all sorts of different monitors these days (and more of them too) so fixing the toolbar at the TOP of any particular screen is a stupid idea.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 22, 2014
Thema:

Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

1. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen - Similar Threads - Design Features Start

2. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  3. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  4. Taskbar move to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  5. Taskbar move to top

Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  6. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  7. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  8. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

9. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

10. Start Menu Designs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Designs: I have just updated my PC after I shut it down turned it back on and my start menu has been changed and now not sure how to change it back to what it was. I looked up and they say right click the start menu and click setting there is none of that there. *Mad [img] 61198