Windows 10: Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains

Discus and support Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is expected to be the next full version of Windows that could see daylight in early 2015, so everybody expects quite a lot of improvements... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 4, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains

Read the rest here.

:)

labeeman, Feb 4, 2014
  2. edin1965 Win User

Too little too late

I was a dyed in the wool Nokia man, I realy wanted the N97. Fantatstic, it was a great phone, everything I wanted. After 3 N97s I gave up and have an android phone which never skips a beat. It is runing v1.6, not the latest version of Android (froyo) but
    it works. With theN97, I waited with bated breath to see if the next firmware upgrade would make my N97(s) work properly. Even now Nokia is still offering Symbian ^3 (what does ^ mean)? No Meego. So what happened to Maemo?

I am not going back to Nokia after 12 years.

WAKEN UP NOKIA

Have you forgotten the one vital part of your business?

THE CUSTOMER?

No apologies for the mess that was made ofr the N97?

No refund of hard pressed cash paid to Nokia in these hard times.

Will i get a response? I doubt it. Nokia senior mangement are too busy trying to launch Symbian 3. Which is just an evolution of the messy software of the N97.

You disguise it rond 12MP camera and HDMI, neither are work of Nokia.

A response, from a senior Nokia Exec would be good, bearing in mind that my purchase(s) is what keeps them in the style that I would love to have.

Alan M ross

edin1965, Feb 4, 2014
  3. synth_fg Win User
    Too little too late

Symbian ^3 is a brand new version of the Symbian operating system

think of Symbian1 that the N97 and earlier devices were running as the Windows 95/98/ME family of OS's

Symbian ^3 would be the equivalent of the change to XP, a whole new build designed with touch in mind from the start rather than as a bolt on,

Symbian ^4 due out next year is a whole new evolution again,

Maemo was always a developmental language, the N900 was never ment to be a mainstreem device, rather it and Maemo were supposed to be an early intorduction to the direction Nokia was heading when it entered the tablet market, with OS linux based software

Meego is also due for roll out at the start of next year, this will be the high end os going forward for tablets and the very top smartphones

So in essence Symbian ^3/4 and Meego are brand new OS's that will compete directly with Android and IOS

synth_fg, Feb 4, 2014
  4. Rickkins Win User

Rickkins, Feb 4, 2014
  5. ksdixon Win User
    vista and 7 look outdated by now and this concept just doubles down on all that glass and transparency/aero look. you expect people who can't deal with bright colors and blocks which clearly separate information to suddenly be fine with information presented on transparent glass, on-top of pictures or other information?

ksdixon, Feb 4, 2014
  6. LittleJay Win User
    Love that picture of XP as being a brick house! Solid and dependable...

LittleJay, Feb 4, 2014
  7. bigseb Win User
    bigseb, Feb 6, 2014
  8. BlueGuy Win User

No,No, I'm using "IownAmoneyPit's" redux of the 2000 theme "Maple" because that's what I like!

2000 Pro should have got a bigger house, made for real work, I never had a BSOD with it.

BlueGuy, Feb 6, 2014
  9. Windows 2000 Work Station was my all time favorite until Windows 7 was released. Rock solid and most of my old games worked on it.

alphanumeric, Feb 9, 2014
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
  11. Windows 8 just looks drab to me. If a machine and OS is Glass capable, if the user doesn't like it, he can disable it. But if the machine and OS are not Glass capable, the user who likes Glass is out of luck. Might as well check out some Window Managers for Linux if I want flat and drab... only for free. *Smile

MilesAhead, Feb 10, 2014
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    I like you still like the glass look, and I also know that a good deal of people who go in for the glass style hate to use third party programs to get that look, albeit it doesn't really matter to me, so I have found several free themes out in the wild that allow me to change the look and feel of the GUI for free. then of course there is WindowBlinds for $10.00 if you can't find what your looking for as far as free ware

13. Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains

It's not the same. The themes I've tried for W8 amount to "hollow frame" caption bar. It's funky to drag with the mouse. There's no "frost" or "blur" effect. Plus programs that expect composition to be enabled since the Windows version is higher than Vista, look like crap. A program with a UI that's supposed to look like ice just looks like light gray flat crud. It's not trivial to draw on Glass. They put developers through all that hassle and nullify all that work with no notice. High handed is putting it mildly.

MilesAhead, Feb 11, 2014
  14. Count me as another who really likes the glass look. My machine is perfectly capable of handling the little extra "oof" needed by it. I spend a fair amount of time in front of my machine year round and during the winter a LOT of time and want something I like to look at. I understand the reasoning behind 8's no glass look (I think, who knows what really goes on there in Redmon), but my machine is not a tablet or a phone or a slate or whatever other name you want for an underpowered facebook machine.Its a real honest to goodness computer and I like for it to LOOK that way.

indianacarnie, Feb 23, 2014
  15. I don't like the Glass look in Win 7 and have it turned off but that is one of the advantages of Win 7; I had a choice.

Even without Glass, things still look much better in Win 7 than the flat, kindergartenish tiles, etc. in Win 8.

Lady Fitzgerald, Feb 23, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains - Similar Threads - Might Arrive Little

2. Too late?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Too late?: So I was downloading some things and used a not so reliable website, as I have already downloaded a lot of programs from that website. So I get it, and extract it to a perfectly normal folder on my desktop, so I click on the .exe called setup, and this when it all goes down,...
  3. Too late?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too late?: So I was downloading some things and used a not so reliable website, as I have already downloaded a lot of programs from that website. So I get it, and extract it to a perfectly normal folder on my desktop, so I click on the .exe called setup, and this when it all goes down,...
  4. Too late?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows: Hey there, Speed here.I was wondering if I could install Windows on a tablet using an installation media on a PC connected to the tablet.Is it possible to install Windows to the tablet using the PC with the installation media and then go to OOBE on the tablet?My installation...
  6. A little bit problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A little bit problem.: Hi, I have a problem with my pc, I don't use it for a few minutes, around 15-20 minutes, the screen shows me a blue screen, after a few mouse clicks it returns to its settings I have disabled the sleep and shutdown mode options automatic. Can you help me with this issue,...
  7. manufacturers unhappy with late release of Windows 9

in Windows 10 News
    manufacturers unhappy with late release of Windows 9: Computer manufacturers are unhappy with late terms of the release of Windows 9 Asian device manufacturers are not welcome the fact that the release of Windows 9 will be held after the Christmas and New Year, that is traditionally the low season sales. As a result,...
  8. Windows 9 Might Not Work on 32-Bit Computers – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Might Not Work on 32-Bit Computers – Report: Windows 9 will indeed bring a lot of changes for users worldwide, but here’s something that nobody saw coming: the operating system could only work on 64-bit and 128-bit computers, which means that those with 32-bit hardware might not be able to run it. While this is very,...
  9. Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says: Microsoft is already working on Windows 9, and although not much is known at this point about it, information provided by people close to the matter indicates that this is going to be a really significant revamp of the desktop operating system. Analysts [ATTACH] believe...
  10. Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes: Windows 9 is expected to launch in April 2015, according to some people close to the matter, but aside from a few features that could be included in the operating system, no other details have been provided until now. Pricing clearly remains one of the biggest dilemmas,...