Windows 10: Windows 9 Might Be Microsoft’s Last Standalone Windows Version

Discus and support Windows 9 Might Be Microsoft’s Last Standalone Windows Version in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Everybody knows that Microsoft is working on Windows 9 as we speak, but the company isn’t talking too much about this project, leaving room for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 26, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 9 Might Be Microsoft’s Last Standalone Windows Version

More

:)

labeeman, Aug 26, 2014
  2. DJCarlin Win User

Im Having problems with my computer with the insider preview program

Same! So annoying! And I can't get into Windows Update to update to the latest insider preview beta which would generally fix any issues... If the Microsoft folks are monitoring, this one might need a standalone fix because Windows Update is not accessible.
    And this only happened after the latest preview... version 14915... Cheers

DJCarlin, Aug 26, 2014
  3. DrewMcGu Win User
    Office 2016 programs removed by Office Windows 1709 update

I wonder if MS just updated Office 2016 standalone versions to "1709" version to account for problems with the latest Windows 10 version update? As you will see from my prior post, my previous version of Office 2016 standalone was different, and I had
    manually run Microsoft Update before updating to Windows 10 1709....

DrewMcGu, Aug 26, 2014
  4. Windows 9 Might Be Microsoft’s Last Standalone Windows Version

They can do anything they want, no matter how unwise it may seem.

Lady Fitzgerald, Aug 26, 2014
  5. labeeman Win User
    Yep they put Metro in W8.

labeeman, Aug 26, 2014
  6. Honestly though can do anything!

HarriePateman, Aug 26, 2014
  7. It sound like Microsoft might go back to the old way of 98/98SE.
    Basically a big SP-1 but called Special with a cost to the customers.
    I don't have a problem with that as long as their is value for the cost.

Layback Bear, Aug 26, 2014
  8. cipher Win User

Anything is possible, but I highly doubt that. If Microsoft wants to shoot itself in the foot (wouldn't be the first time), they can do this and lose a huge portion of the market to pirated, third-party solutions.

cipher, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 9 Might Be Microsoft’s Last Standalone Windows Version - Similar Threads - Might Microsoft’s Last

2. microsoft standalone installer problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft standalone installer problem: I'm trying to install Windows Management Framework 5.1 on my windows 7 pc and i keep getting this error and I spent days to fix i tried all the fixes out there and i have the requirements set but still not fixed. Can yall help its also taking to long to initialize that's why...
  3. microsoft standalone installer problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft standalone installer problem: I'm trying to install Windows Management Framework 5.1 on my windows 7 pc and i keep getting this error and I spent days to fix i tried all the fixes out there and i have the requirements set but still not fixed. Can yall help its also taking to long to initialize that's why...
  4. Microsoft Photo Standard Version 9 on Windows 10 - 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photo Standard Version 9 on Windows 10 - 64 bit: How to install Microsoft Photo Standard Version 9 on Windows 10 - 64 bit It seems to be installed but when I try to open it it says: Program Files86xMicrosoft Picture It!9\pi.exe cannot be found Can you please help me. I love this program and I am lost without it....
  5. Microsoft Picture It Photo Premium Version 9

Microsoft Picture It Photo Premium Version 9: Thank you for taking my question. I've been using the above version on my previous computer running Windows 7. I've now upgraded to a new computer running Windows 10 and it will not load with an error message that states that my IE Version is incorrect. How can I trade the...
  6. Why Windows 10 Is last Version

Why Windows 10 Is last Version: We Need Update Windows 11 Or Something New plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-10-is-last-version/1fdf8979-e5c1-4271-9621-fc50406efbf6
  7. Microsoft Confirms That Windows 9 Will Merge All Windows Versions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms That Windows 9 Will Merge All Windows Versions: Microsoft is already working on Windows 9 and everyone knows that, especially because the company has already provided several hints that a new Windows version is coming. The company’s CEO [img] Satya Nadella confirmed once again at the quarterly earnings call that...
  8. Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows: With Windows 10, Microsoft’s going to change pretty much everything about its Windows model, so in addition to offering the operating free of charge to previous Windows users and switching to a continuous update process rather than a monthly cycle, the company is also...
  9. Windows 9 Might Not Work on 32-Bit Computers – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Might Not Work on 32-Bit Computers – Report: Windows 9 will indeed bring a lot of changes for users worldwide, but here’s something that nobody saw coming: the operating system could only work on 64-bit and 128-bit computers, which means that those with 32-bit hardware might not be able to run it. While this is very,...
  10. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor: Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut in early 2015. But a new report released by Russian Windows leaker WZor and coming via myce.com claims that Windows 9 is...