Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift

Discus and support Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Microsoft will reportedly launch Windows 9 on September 30 and could ultimately be known as the last of the software giant's big bang operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more at: Microsoft's Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift | ZDNet

Brink, Aug 21, 2014
  2. lehnerus2000 Win User

How much additional Internet bandwidth will be required to support this?
    The Internet is too slow currently.

Don't forget that the movie/TV sites will probably start providing so-called "4K" content to their subscribers (if they aren't already).

How much additional hardware will MS need to install to meet usage requirements?
    They've had server capacity issues before.

:)

lehnerus2000, Aug 21, 2014
  3. LCRT Win User
    Cortana

disable it, then. sheesh. much ado about nothing.

4. Aries Win User

windows defender offline doesn't work

Thanks. After much ado, I'm also running the MRT from 5/9/17 after a fresh download and it's finding some infected files, in spite of the fact that both WD and Kaspersky have not found any problems....

Aries, Aug 21, 2014
  5. A Guy Win User
    Oh, there's a f in that last word...

A Guy, Aug 21, 2014
  6. Superfly Win User
    LOL...witty!

Superfly, Aug 21, 2014
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    One question. . .after reading this article, and many others over the past couple months is their anyone out there that really knows what Microsoft is really doing or planning on doing. . .maybe it is just me, albeit there seems to be noting, but conjecture coming from all those supposedly in the know. . .*Smile

8. Phone Man Win User

Bloggers are like Psychics - its all entertainment. A few do have sources inside MS but 99% just interpreted what they thought they said and then right more junk to fill their column quote. But it is entertaining to see the reactions to some of these posts.

Jim

Phone Man, Aug 22, 2014
  9. fireberd Win User
    The "on line" Operating Systems don't do me any good, for my recording studio. I go off line when recording or mixing. It eliminates potential dropouts and clicks in the audio. As I use Sonar (X3 version), it only works with Windows OS. I could use a MAC with Windows installed but that seems a waste to pay 3X as much for hardware.

fireberd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift - Similar Threads - Much ado little

1. Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..

in Windows 10 News
    Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..: Anyone use this feature? From what I gather it can use wifi or bluetooth, defaults to wifi as its faster, but still uses bluetooth for device discovery? Im at a loss, my main pc can see my backup, and share to it. My backup cannot see the main pc with modern sharing however....
  2. Windows Search Indexer suddenly using too much CPU, help please

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Search Indexer suddenly using too much CPU, help please: Hi, the "Microsoft Windows Search Indexer" is driving me nuts and heating up my PC in my hot little apartment.*Confused The problem: Since about about 20 days ago (perhaps it happened after a Windows update, not sure, but I think it has happened before...not sure how or why...
  3. Software to see what, when, how much data is going in or out on wifi

in Windows 10 News
    Software to see what, when, how much data is going in or out on wifi: Windows 10 64-bit home on a laptop. We travel. Regularly. And when we do, we're on Verizon on a metered connection... Yesterday, something went nuts and burned about 3.4 GB of data in an hour. It was unpleasant and I"d like a better understanding of WHAT is using data. I'm...
  4. Windows Search Indexer suddenly using too much CPU

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Search Indexer suddenly using too much CPU: Hi, the "Microsoft Windows Search Indexer" is driving me nuts and heating up my PC in my hot little apartment.*Confused The problem: Since about about 20 days ago (perhaps it happened after a Windows update, not sure, but I think it has happened before...not sure how or why...
  5. Hard drive shows much smaller than is

in Windows 10 News
    Hard drive shows much smaller than is: You're quite welcome. Glad we can help. However, I suggest to use the smaller drive for Windows, 200 GB is enough (186 GB shown). You can transfer Windows back to it then use 1TB drive strictly for data. Easier to manage and backup. If you need help on this, let me know.
  6. Too much time on my hands today -- KDE apps on Ubuntu on Windows WSL

in Windows 10 News
    Too much time on my hands today -- KDE apps on Ubuntu on Windows WSL: Hi folks Too much time I think on my hands today !! That's dangerous for computer users !! Messing around with desktop GUI's on Ubuntu on Windows. Some KDE apps running fine -- KPAT -- all sorts of card patience games Dolphin (KDE file manager like Windows...
  7. Reinstall-not much helpful

in Windows 10 News
    Reinstall-not much helpful: Been having trouble since day one. Reinstalled win10 today (wiping harddrive and reinstall). Works ok as long as I don't touch the start-menu. If I do that the screen blacks out every few seconds constantly and the cursor freezes. HP Pavilion Notebook Win 10 Home I'm...
Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift solved