Windows 10: Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift

Discus and support Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft will reportedly launch Windows 9 on September 30 and could ultimately be known as the last of the software giant's big bang operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift

Read more at: Microsoft's Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift | ZDNet

Brink, Aug 21, 2014

2. How much additional Internet bandwidth will be required to support this?
    The Internet is too slow currently.

Don't forget that the movie/TV sites will probably start providing so-called "4K" content to their subscribers (if they aren't already).

How much additional hardware will MS need to install to meet usage requirements?
    They've had server capacity issues before.

:)

lehnerus2000, Aug 21, 2014
  3. LCRT Win User
    Cortana

disable it, then. sheesh. much ado about nothing.

4. Aries Win User

windows defender offline doesn't work

Thanks. After much ado, I'm also running the MRT from 5/9/17 after a fresh download and it's finding some infected files, in spite of the fact that both WD and Kaspersky have not found any problems....

Aries, Aug 21, 2014
  5. A Guy Win User
    Oh, there's a f in that last word...

A Guy, Aug 21, 2014
  6. Superfly Win User
    LOL...witty!

Superfly, Aug 21, 2014
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    One question. . .after reading this article, and many others over the past couple months is their anyone out there that really knows what Microsoft is really doing or planning on doing. . .maybe it is just me, albeit there seems to be noting, but conjecture coming from all those supposedly in the know. . .*Smile

8. Phone Man Win User

Bloggers are like Psychics - its all entertainment. A few do have sources inside MS but 99% just interpreted what they thought they said and then right more junk to fill their column quote. But it is entertaining to see the reactions to some of these posts.

Jim

Phone Man, Aug 21, 2014
  9. fireberd Win User
    The "on line" Operating Systems don't do me any good, for my recording studio. I go off line when recording or mixing. It eliminates potential dropouts and clicks in the audio. As I use Sonar (X3 version), it only works with Windows OS. I could use a MAC with Windows installed but that seems a waste to pay 3X as much for hardware.

fireberd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift - Similar Threads - Much ado little

2. SHIFT >>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SHIFT >>: Hi, Can someone tell me in words what the lines with >> are doing please? Camerart.
  3. Question about Backblaze/cloud backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about Backblaze/cloud backup?: For those of you familair with backblaze specifically (unsure if others handle it identically). I have a ridiculous amount of data thats growing daily. As it is I cant afford to invest in constant hard drive updates let alone a NAS for any type of redundancy. For...
  4. ADO 2.5 Required (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADO 2.5 Required (windows 10): Hi all! It's my first thread here. I want to know if anyone has solved this issue: [img] I installed a program in windows 10 (it works in w7), and when i execute it shows this message: "...have installed ADO 2.5 or higher" 101568
  5. Little to no audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Little to no audio: Have just got my Asus G750JM ROG up to spec with 10 except that it will npot play any audio through my Logitec Z313 system. Have tried all the usaul things but the list of drivers fpr 10 OS does not have any audio ones. Now this system was flawless running 7 as there was...
  6. Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think): Greetings, I'm a Windows noob. Enjoying 10 very much. However my Asus k501lx-eb71 has two fans -- and they kick in a little too much. I eye task manager and it's not that something is running crazy. The fans simply kick on and off with any taxing behavior whatsoever....
  7. Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?: Hi I'm planning to create a new 120 Gigabyte partition on the internal hard drive that doesn't have Windows 8 on it and then installing Windows 9 in it. I've done this several times in the past, with XP and 7, then 7 and 8, but not since the change to the UEFI bios....
  8. Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains: Windows 9 is expected to be the next full version of Windows that could see daylight in early 2015, so everybody expects quite a lot of improvements supposed to address many of the complaints made by disappointed Windows 8 users. But as far as analysts are concerned,...
  9. Why It Makes Sense to Learn About Windows 9 in April

in Windows 10 News
    Why It Makes Sense to Learn About Windows 9 in April: Windows 9 is on its way right now, according to a handful of reports coming from people close to the matter, but Microsoft is only expected to provide more details on its next full version of Windows at the upcoming BUILD developer conference in April. Even though Redmond...
  10. Rumor pegs Windows 9 release for next year, Windows 10 as a Cloud OS.

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor pegs Windows 9 release for next year, Windows 10 as a Cloud OS.: Steve Ballmer is stepping down in 12 months or less, so it’s time for the wild Microsoft-related speculation to begin! There’s already been talk on a Russian message board about the company’s plans for Windows 9 and even Windows 10. A user calling himself WZOR had a few...