Windows 10: Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift

Discus and support Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft will reportedly launch Windows 9 on September 30 and could ultimately be known as the last of the software giant's big bang operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift

Read more at: Microsoft's Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift | ZDNet

Brink, Aug 21, 2014

2. How much additional Internet bandwidth will be required to support this?
    The Internet is too slow currently.

Don't forget that the movie/TV sites will probably start providing so-called "4K" content to their subscribers (if they aren't already).

How much additional hardware will MS need to install to meet usage requirements?
    They've had server capacity issues before.

:)

lehnerus2000, Aug 21, 2014
  3. LCRT Win User
    Cortana

disable it, then. sheesh. much ado about nothing.

4. Aries Win User

windows defender offline doesn't work

Thanks. After much ado, I'm also running the MRT from 5/9/17 after a fresh download and it's finding some infected files, in spite of the fact that both WD and Kaspersky have not found any problems....

Aries, Aug 21, 2014
  5. A Guy Win User
    Oh, there's a f in that last word...

A Guy, Aug 21, 2014
  6. Superfly Win User
    LOL...witty!

Superfly, Aug 21, 2014
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    One question. . .after reading this article, and many others over the past couple months is their anyone out there that really knows what Microsoft is really doing or planning on doing. . .maybe it is just me, albeit there seems to be noting, but conjecture coming from all those supposedly in the know. . .*Smile

8. Phone Man Win User

Bloggers are like Psychics - its all entertainment. A few do have sources inside MS but 99% just interpreted what they thought they said and then right more junk to fill their column quote. But it is entertaining to see the reactions to some of these posts.

Jim

Phone Man, Aug 21, 2014
  9. fireberd Win User
    The "on line" Operating Systems don't do me any good, for my recording studio. I go off line when recording or mixing. It eliminates potential dropouts and clicks in the audio. As I use Sonar (X3 version), it only works with Windows OS. I could use a MAC with Windows installed but that seems a waste to pay 3X as much for hardware.

fireberd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift - Similar Threads - Much ado little

2. A little confused about drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A little confused about drives.: I recently got a new laptop. Something I noticed was that my new laptop has less drives than the drives on old laptop. Is it supposed to be like this? Why does my new laptop only has local disk C, while my old laptop has DVD drive E, Recovery D, local disk C and an F drive?...
  3. A little confused about drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A little confused about drives.: I recently got a new laptop. Something I noticed was that my new laptop has less drives than the drives on old laptop. Is it supposed to be like this? Why does my new laptop only has local disk C, while my old laptop has DVD drive E, Recovery D, local disk C and an F drive?...
  4. A little question about the installation of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A little question about the installation of Windows 11: So my primar disk C: is full and well i cant install windows 11 there right? Then i have a second partition which is not full. On my primar partition is installed only windows 10 and other primary programs. So heres my question:Can i install windows 11 there C: or do i need...
  5. A little question about the installation of Windows 11

A little question about the installation of Windows 11: So my primar disk C: is full and well i cant install windows 11 there right? Then i have a second partition which is not full. On my primar partition is installed only windows 10 and other primary programs. So heres my question:Can i install windows 11 there C: or do i need...
  6. changes in ADO since 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changes in ADO since 20H2: Hi All, Sorry if this is a repost, I can't seem to find the original post nor a reply, so perhaps something went wrong with the post. I notice that the file msado15.dll is dated Jan 2021 but I cannot find any information about any updates to the ADO functionality in...
  7. How Much to Store in the Cloud?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Much to Store in the Cloud?: [Windows 10 Pro, v.20H2, build 19042.746] As computing moves increasingly to the cloud, I'm finding myself storing more and more personal data in OneDrive (and Google Drive.) While this is really convenient - and just what Microsoft and Google want - it does make me nervous...
  8. Windows 9 not about a new windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 9 not about a new windows: Ok so I already know that there won't be a windows 11 and all and there won't be new windows, but the only thing I disagree with is that there won't be a new major windows update. So, I was like just looking up windows 11 trailers to see what people thought windows 11 would...
  9. About windows store cloud save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About windows store cloud save.: Does windows store have cloud save? I want to make sure that so i can delete my asphalt 9 and may be i can install it in the future without losing any things. I 've already log in to my microsoft account....
  10. ADO 2.5 Required (windows 10)

ADO 2.5 Required (windows 10): Hi all! It's my first thread here. I want to know if anyone has solved this issue: [img] I installed a program in windows 10 (it works in w7), and when i execute it shows this message: "...have installed ADO 2.5 or higher" 101568