Windows 10: Windows 9 Preview possibly next month

Discus and support Windows 9 Preview possibly next month in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; "One of my contacts who has provided accurate information on Windows in the past said the Threshold tech preview will be public and available to all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Superfly, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Superfly Win User

Windows 9 Preview possibly next month

"One of my contacts who has provided accurate information on Windows in the past said the Threshold tech preview will be public and available to all those interested "- MJF

Full story here *Smile

:)

Superfly, Aug 14, 2014
  2. Luke248 Win User

How to opt out of Windows 10 Preview Builds

I just thought of something. In the next major threshold release for Windows 10 which is said to come out next month, will I be able to opt out of preview builds when that release comes? I can wait until then and stick with these preview builds. But I'd
    like to opt out when that times comes. Will this be possible?

Luke248, Aug 14, 2014
  3. Lumia 920 not updating

According to Windows Phone support agent, there is no bug with Developers preview users on 920 or any other Lumia. You just need to uncheck **** on your phone.

So, it may be matter of waiting (days/weeks/months??)..frustrating process!

Snippet from the Chat!

Ricardo D.: at 9:42:26

Basically to get the Cyan update once you have the Developers Preview, you need to not use it so you can get the notification. Please open the Dev. preview App, and unselect the option

Ricardo D.: at 9:42:41

This doesn't mean that you will receive the update straight after ok?

****: at 9:44:11

I did that already

Ricardo D.: at 9:45:41

ok

Ricardo D.: at 9:45:48

so it is just a matter of time ****

****: at 9:45:14

are you sure Ricardo?

Ricardo D.: at 9:46:29

Yes, you are not the first costumer asking Windows 9 Preview possibly next month :)

DP BHOGADI, Aug 14, 2014
  4. Chuck38 Win User

*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh

EDIT: I just noticed, the elephants match my sig! *Smile

Chuck38, Aug 15, 2014
  5. CountMike New Member
    As long as they are not white elephants with red eyes !!! If you see that, stop drinking....

CountMike, Aug 15, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    This should be interesting and it coincides with my birthday!!
    *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Aug 15, 2014
  7. Windows 9 Preview possibly next month

I'm thinking this has something to do with update 2 being canceled. :meh:

alphanumeric, Aug 15, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member
    Yup, They canceled the second update and rolled it int0 "Threshold/Windows 9". Which should be of no surprise at this point of the game. Why waste the effort in further developing an OS that's going to be made obsolete soon.

BunnyJ, Aug 15, 2014
  9. Chuck38 Win User
    One would think that Vista is obsolete, but I still see people using it. *Wink

I don't think 8 is going to completely disappear.

Chuck38, Aug 15, 2014
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I didn't mean disappear but it's not going to be the main focus of MS anymore. Yes, they will perf0rm necessary updates but no more major changes. MS makes updates to all OS's from Vista on but not major updates. Don't forget.. MS would love it if W8 just totally disappeared. *Wink

BunnyJ, Aug 15, 2014
  11. Chuck38 Win User
    Yes, I'm sure they would.

But if you think about, Windows 8 was and is a good OS. It's stable, I haven't had any issues.

A stable OS, in my opinion, is a great OS.

I will admit that things didn't run very well for me on 8.1, but once they updated that everything ran smoothly.

I think the only reason people h8te it so much is because they can't except change and then for some reason they don't go back to 7, instead they just gripe about the UI on 8.

Chuck38, Aug 15, 2014
  12. Windows 9 Preview possibly next month

It's been a pain for some with factory OEM installs of 8.0. Windows update to enable the upgrade to 8.1, then the Store Upgrade to 8.1. Then back to Windows Update for update 1. And now a mini update, or 2 or 3 maybe. A crash and burn anywhere in the chain and its a pita. Especially if they didn't create any recovery media. If Microsoft wants those users to keep going to Windows 9 they should offer an ISO download with the new key. Or some built in function to create real install media, not just recovery media. If they did that I think they would get a lot more takers.

alphanumeric, Aug 15, 2014
  13. Chuck38 Win User
    Hmm, mine was actually a factory OEM...I had a HP Envy x2. (Amazing computer!!)

But, thank you. No one has pointed out any of these issues. I never did encounter any of those, except the updates, that did get annoying.

Like I said, I had a lot of trouble with 8.1. I ended up going back to 8, because 8.1 would freeze up, the tiles became unresponsive, my browser would crash, and sometimes the entire system would crash!

Chuck38, Aug 15, 2014
  14. Vladimir Win User
    I really liked Windows 8.1 and don't need anything better right now for production, but I'm really excited to put my hands on Nine bits !

*Start

Vladimir, Aug 15, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 9 Preview possibly next month - Similar Threads - Preview possibly next

2. I have had a real problem that has been going on for 9 months, yes 9 months of continuous hell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had a real problem that has been going on for 9 months, yes 9 months of continuous hell: I have had a real problem that has been going on for 9 months, yes 9 months of continuous hell. I bought an Asus VivoBook laptop from one of the companies with the following specifications: 256 GB SSD 8 GB RAM 11th Generation Intel Core i3 processordisplay of the problem: The...
  3. Windows 7 and 8.1 support ends next month

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 and 8.1 support ends next month: Microsoft plans to end support for Windows 7 and 8.1 on January 10, 2022. The devices won't receive updates anymore after end of support and some programs, like Chrome or Microsoft Edge, won't receive updates anymore either immediately after support end. Some users may...
  4. Microsoft to roll out Android apps preview for Windows 11 next month along with Taskbar...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to roll out Android apps preview for Windows 11 next month along with Taskbar...: Windows 11 is set to bring some improvements to the user experience such as the Taskbar, a new Media Player and a Notepad app next month. The company is also set to roll out Android apps for Windows 11 as a public preview. [ATTACH] If you can recall, the Redmond company...
  5. BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months !: My daughter run the batteryreport on her graphic tablet (windows 10). The result: 25k cycles, 50% remaining capacity - after 9 months. Now the battery has swollen. How is this possible ? This would make at least 4 cycles/h (if running 24h/day). What could be the source of the...
  6. BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months !

in Windows 10 Support
    BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months !: My daughter run the batteryreport on her graphic tablet (windows 10). The result: 25k cycles, 50% remaining capacity - after 9 months. Now the battery has swollen. How is this possible ? This would make at least 4 cycles/h (if running 24h/day). What could be the source of the...
  7. Entity Framework Core 3.0 Preview 9 and Entity Framework 6.3 Preview 9

in Windows 10 News
    Entity Framework Core 3.0 Preview 9 and Entity Framework 6.3 Preview 9: The Preview 9 versions of the EF Core 3.0 package and the EF 6.3 package are now available for download from nuget.org. These are the last planned previews before we release the final versions later this month. We have almost completely stopped making changes to the product...
  8. Windows 9 preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 preview: Hello Is there going to be a windows 9 public preview this fall? Thanks Tyler 1664
  9. Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview: Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Developer Preview Release With Social Engineering We’re seeing schemes that are taking advantage of the buzz around the upcoming developer preview release of Windows™ 9 this September. One of the threats we saw was found using...
  10. Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed

in Windows 10 News
    Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed: Windows 9 is very likely to get its very first preview build late next month, but officially speaking, little is known so far about what’s expected to let us catch a glimpse of Microsoft’s Windows game changer. According to rumors however, Windows 9 Preview could see...