Windows 10: Windows 9 release date, news and rumours

Discus and support Windows 9 release date, news and rumours in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 8 and now Windows 8.1, Microsoft tried - not entirely successfully - to make tablets part of a continuum that goes from number-crunching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 9 release date, news and rumours

Read more at: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/sof...umours-1029245

:)

Brink, Oct 7, 2013

2. Why would my Windows 8.1 Nokia Lumia 635 phone want me to get some APP in the Store as this site opens?

Latest Surface Phone News:

1. What is the Surface Phone release date? First half of 2017 (possibly)

2. How much will the Surface Phone cost? $699 - $1,100

3. What’s new about the Surface Phone? Rumored: Three variants, Snapdragon 835 CPU, 5.7-inch display

I found this at
    http://trustedreviews.com/news/microsoft-surface-phone-release-date-news-specs-price-rumours#2eOQluUFpp1QK2ar.99

http://trustedreviews.com/news/microsoft-surface-phone-release-date-news-specs-price-rumours

Jeff A. Davis, Oct 7, 2013
  3. Entegy Win User
    what is google doing !!!

There are no release dates for Windows Phone 8.1. Anything you've read in regards to a release date is
    rumour.

Entegy, Oct 7, 2013
  4. archer Win User

I like this part. If that will be true.

Windows 9 to be cheaper, smaller, with more apps
    In the last Microsoft earnings call CFO Peter Klein made it clear that Microsoft has got the message that Windows 8 tablets need to be cheaper; "we know that our growth depends on our ability to give customers the exciting hardware they want, at the price-points they demand."

Another revealing Microsoft job advert talks about having Windows Phone and WinRT apps run on both Windows Phone and Windows. "Do you wish the code you write for Windows Store apps would just work on the Windows Phone and vice versa? If so, then this is the role for you! We are the team leading the charge to bring much of the WinRT API surface and the .NET Windows Store profile to the Phone."

That sounds like a longer term goal, given that the job advert was on the Microsoft Careers site at the beginning of February, and it's being driven by the Windows Phone team (we don't expect to see the next version of Windows Phone until the autumn), but it could give developers an incentive to write apps for the Windows Store and give Windows 9 users more to choose from. Scaling apps to fit different size screens would help here too.

archer, Oct 10, 2013
  5. Stephanie Win User
    This could be good news and I hope its accurate as this may help towards less piracy of the operating system and help to make it more available to the lower paid, part time workers and the unemployed.

Stephanie, Oct 15, 2013
  6. essenbe Win User
    Most of that is about Phone and tablets, I just hope Microsoft doesn't forget there are still a lot of us desktop users out here who don't want a tablet OS. But, I agree it would be good for us if they made things cheaper as Stephanie says.

essenbe, Oct 17, 2013
  7. Robinb9 Win User
    Apple made their money on phones and tablets more than their macs
    I guess microsoft wants to try to get the same thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Robinb9, Oct 21, 2013
  8. Dave76 Win User

It's all about market, they have to get sales numbers and market share up.
    Their biggest market is average users, that is who they are going to focus on.
    Hope they don't completely forget us.

Dave76, Nov 7, 2013
  9. bigseb Win User
    Interesting article. I can see the benefit of having one OS for everything from a business stand point, however I use my desktop very differently to my phone, for example. Not sure if that would work for me.

bigseb, Nov 7, 2013
  10. LittleJay Win User
    What I would like to see is different versions of Windows 9, so a person could install one for the desktop and another one for mobile devices.

LittleJay, Nov 13, 2013
  11. bigseb Win User
    Yeah, some thing like that. Obviously the desktop version can resource heavier than the mobile one...

bigseb, Nov 13, 2013
  12. LittleJay Win User
    One thing nice about a PC is that updating hardware to match the advances in software is pretty easy to do.

LittleJay, Nov 14, 2013
  13. davehc Win User

"What I would like to see is different versions of Windows 9, so a person could install one for the desktop and another one for mobile devices."

But isn't that what we already have with windows 8.1 (or 8)?

You can set it up on your desktop, and never have to bother with the modern screen (or touchscreen) or, set it up on your tablet with either.

davehc, Nov 16, 2013
  14. Stephanie Win User
    That would be very good and I'm sure that would work and could be done by Microsoft.

Stephanie, Nov 22, 2013
  15. LittleJay Win User
    Yes it would work and hopefully MS will see things our way. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Nov 22, 2013
Thema:

1. Windows 9 release date, news and rumours - Similar Threads - release date news

2. Windows 12 Release Date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 12 Release Date?: Windows 12 will likely be released in the fall of 2024. This new operating system codenamed "Next Valley", will replace Windows 11. Microsoft has already shown off a prototype desktop design for Windows 12. Lock screen and notification center changes and artificial...
  3. Windows 12 Release Date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 12 Release Date?: Windows 12 will likely be released in the fall of 2024. This new operating system codenamed "Next Valley", will replace Windows 11. Microsoft has already shown off a prototype desktop design for Windows 12. Lock screen and notification center changes and artificial...
  4. Windows 12 Release Date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 12 Release Date: Will Windows 12 come out soon? I was wondering since I am building a PC and would like to get the newest Windows operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-12-release-date/81baac88-1c40-4a3c-a000-5d544bfb66ee
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, features, and news

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, features, and news: Windows 10 May 2020 Update is the major update for Microsoft’s constantly-evolving operating system. Also known as Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H1, the May 2020 Update is another attempt at improving the desktop experience with new features, performance improvements and more....
  6. Windows 10X Release Date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10X Release Date: Hello Windows 10x to be released date ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10x-release-date/19d23be8-854e-4fff-b877-db81017ce987
  7. Windows 9 Features, Price, Release Date [REPORT]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Features, Price, Release Date [REPORT]: Windows 9 was been a hot topic of discussion even before the launch of Windows 8. The current Microsoft OS is almost two years old, but it has failed to impress users. Though the updates improved on some of the features, the sales numbers were less than expected. Microsoft...
  8. Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date

in Windows 10 News
    Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date: Microsoft to Launch Windows 9 Preview in February 2015 – Rumor More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...r-442433.shtml 1572
  9. Windows 10 Release Date

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Release Date: Does anyone here believe that Windows 10 will be very likely to come out in June 2015 or is that wishful thinking? I want it now so badly but I would hate to have to wait until September or even July or August. Microsoft needs to speed things up! 2878
  10. Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors: With Windows 8.1, Microsoft addressed some of the problems that scuffed the original Windows 8 release, smoothing the cracks between desktop and touch UIs, improving snapped apps, and allowing users to boot direct to the desktop, among other tweaks and fixes. For many, this...