Windows 10: Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

Discus and support Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is expected to launch in April 2015, according to some people close to the matter, but aside from a few features that could be included in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Rabidpeanut, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

More......

:)

Rabidpeanut, Nov 15, 2008
  2. MRCL Win User
  3. Paulieg Win User
    should be free

Having some trouble figuring out vlc

Needing some help

Paulieg, Nov 13, 2008
  4. Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

Free to PC venders? That would make it (the OS) free to anyone buying a Windows based PC. That would be one way to get it out there. Interesting thought.

francis511, Nov 13, 2008
  5. mc-dexter Win User
    Don't think they will make it free, lowering the cost might increase their profit.
    They are trying to generate revenue from other things, skype, office, and others, when this gets rolling then we may see Windows OS prices drop.

mc-dexter, Nov 13, 2008
  6. +1

francis511, Nov 13, 2008
  7. I cant see Windows 9 being free but a price drop in Microsoft software would be very welcome.

francis511, Nov 13, 2008
  8. mc-dexter Win User

Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

Is it free if you buy a Surface? If it wasn't it likely is now with all the price drops and discounts.

mc-dexter, Nov 14, 2008
  9. mc-dexter Win User
    Red circle lower left on your own posts.

Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes fw6afq.jpg

mc-dexter, May 16, 2018
  10. OK, thank you, I was hurriedly looking for the word delete and didn't see it.

alphanumeric, Jan 15, 2014
  11. Romaneus Win User
    I'm in the camp of those who don't think Windows 9 will be free. However, if they offered a special promotion price like they did when Windows 8 first came out, I would be more inclined to purchase it. Otherwise I'll stay with my dual boot of Windows 7 and 8.1, until it's time for a new computer.

Romaneus, Nov 14, 2008
  12. Yes, agreed, I would do the same except the omission of win7( I don't have the retail copy) *Smile

williamdawes, Nov 14, 2008
  13. Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

I got the retail version of 7 when they brought that out, only paid £44.97 for it from Tesco. I don't have retail 8 as that came with my Asus Notebook but I upgraded to 8.1 when it came out.

If they do a promotion with 9 like the one they did with 7 I may possibly think seriously about buying it.

Joan Archer, Jan 16, 2014
  14. TITOJA Win User
    ATM I use 8.1 Pro almost exclusively and only have 7 installed on a 2nd SSD as a backup OS. I gave up one license for 7 when I bought the 8 upgrade for $40, but I had another license for 7 from a previous PC so I figured I might as well use it. I still have a license for XP Home Premium, but since this PC is 64bit capable, there didn't seem to be much sense in installing it.

TITOJA, Nov 15, 2008
  15. herkar Win User
    I bought two OEM versions of 7 Home Premium shortly after it was released. It was around $120 Canadian for each. I get a free TechNet/MSDN subscription with my Microsoft MVP status so I'm running 8.1 on all my PC's at the moment. Hopefully I get renewed for another year and get access to 9 when it comes out. Failing that hopefully there will be a trial or preview version so I can try before I buy.

herkar, Nov 15, 2008
Thema:

Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

1. Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes - Similar Threads - Should Completely Free

2. is windows defender completely free?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is windows defender completely free?: is this legitimate or scam? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-completely-free/adc777c3-d26b-4a5b-b249-b0d656c6271a
  3. Is Windows 10 completely free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 completely free?: I keep reading about that if you get Windows 10 for free, you will have a watermark in the bottom right, and lack customisation options, but I built an entirely new PC, got Windows 10 on a USB, installed it, and it seems to be fully activated. Did the OS recognise the key...
  4. Free upgrades are still free February 9

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgrades are still free February 9: A tale of two laptops - wife's laptop, licensed on Windows 10 Home only and spare laptop, previously licensed on both Windows 10 Home and Pro. Laptops are different manufacturers and models. Wife's laptop needed repair, so moved her hard drive to spare laptop. As expected,...
  5. Windows 9 said to be free (again), this time by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 said to be free (again), this time by Microsoft: We have been hearing for some time that Windows 9 could be free, and thanks to a Microsoft official in Indonesia, the rumors are looking like they will be true. The information is said to come from Andreas Diantoro, who, according to his LinkedIn profile, is the president of...
  6. Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users: Microsoft Indonesia confirms a free license for Windows 9 Windows 9 preview is almost here, as Microsoft will unveil the first public build of the upcoming operating system in just a few days, but we have already heard quite a lot of details about this product thanks to...
  7. Windows 9 Completely Free for Users Buying Windows 8.1 Update 2 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Completely Free for Users Buying Windows 8.1 Update 2 – Report: Windows 9 is still a work in progress at Microsoft and although the Redmond-based tech giant remains completely tight-lipped on the subject, details coming via unofficial channels revealed quite a lot of interesting tidbits about the next full Windows version. This time,...
  8. Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains: Windows 9 is expected to be the next full version of Windows that could see daylight in early 2015, so everybody expects quite a lot of improvements supposed to address many of the complaints made by disappointed Windows 8 users. But as far as analysts are concerned,...
  9. Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says: Microsoft is already working on Windows 9, and although not much is known at this point about it, information provided by people close to the matter indicates that this is going to be a really significant revamp of the desktop operating system. Analysts [ATTACH] believe...
  10. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor: Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut in early 2015. But a new report released by Russian Windows leaker WZor and coming via myce.com claims that Windows 9 is...