Windows 10: Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme

Discus and support Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the latest leaks, we can see that the new Start menu will match the backgrounds of the wallpaper that you are using. As you can see in the image at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme

Read more...

:)

Brink, Sep 18, 2014
  2. MicahJM Win User

Agitated with context menus

We're just saying that the context menus should be dark with the dark theme and light with the light theme with the same font size, width, and overall look. We believe it would make the Windows experience more uniform and simple. That, in a nutshell, is
    the point here.

And this is why we're unhappy:

Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme [​IMG]

All these different menus don't match. Why not just make them one color, one size, and one style? And better yet, it would be great if they matched the theme color.

My view on the matter is this: When parents are teaching their kids how to use Windows, we don't want them saying "Right-click here to open the file explorer menu," or, "Do this so you can open the taskbar menu." We want the to say, "Right-click to open
    the menu." Notice that was simply "the menu."

Context menus should be identical in style: font size, color, menu size, etc. so that they will be simply "the menu." More on color: they should at least be all dark with the dark theme and light with the light theme, but I think they ought to match the
    theme color when "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" is enabled

MicahJM, Sep 18, 2014
  3. Good evening, I have a question. How can I make the color windows? I deleted the keyboard and since then I have black and white windows.

Hello

Do you mean changing the theme? You can control the theme and colors in the personalization menu in the settings.

Start > personalization >Colors or Themes.

MikeSnyder61704, Sep 18, 2014
  4. Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme

All I can say is some people are going to love this, me if I have to pay money to look at this I won't be. It and this new flat mono colored single colored tile looks like Windows 2. This kind of desktop goes against all the advances of easy recognition of names etc with the capitalization of words. The Science of Word Recognition
    WFW3.11 looked prettier.

Indianatone, Sep 18, 2014
  5. I tried the the "auto-colour" option in W8.
    I didn't like the way it worked, so I turned it off.

lehnerus2000, Sep 18, 2014
  6. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for posting the article, Shawn. Thanks for the link to that article, Indianatone. *Smile

I like the Modern look they may add to it, but no matter what they do to it I won't use it. Old tech to me now. Start Screen is much more efficient for me to use.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme

1. Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme - Similar Threads - Start menu changes

2. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changes theme/color?: Hello. I have a small issue that I am not sure how to categorize.Normally after startup or a restart, Windows starts up normally. However, after a few minutes, the color changes as if it goes into a night light mode. Sometimes while making changes to the settings ex: auto...
  3. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changes theme/color?: Hello. I have a small issue that I am not sure how to categorize.Normally after startup or a restart, Windows starts up normally. However, after a few minutes, the color changes as if it goes into a night light mode. Sometimes while making changes to the settings ex: auto...
  4. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. All the apps in the start menu change their tile color with the current theme. Except that...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All the apps in the start menu change their tile color with the current theme. Except that...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/0mejallsiz061.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=fe7bfb13bdaf702d31c97e023049c23039dd6a6f submitted by /u/ItzEndah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzgwnf/all_the_apps_in_the_start_menu_change_their_tile/
  6. Changing the transparency color in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the transparency color in start menu?: [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:...
  7. Changing the transparency color of the start menu?

Changing the transparency color of the start menu?: In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme like this https://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/after-regedit.png , but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but...
  8. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  9. Disable theme colors for start menu

Disable theme colors for start menu: I just installed the May Update of Windows 10 and was seeing the new theme feature which lets us to choose between light or dark colors. I noticed that the light color on the taskbar looks great but doesn't look that nice in the start menu (I use the full screen start menu)....
  10. Color changing theme

Color changing theme: I was wondering if there anyway to change the colors on specific apps on windows 10. I already know that you can change the entire theme color to something, but what about specific apps like how microsoft edge has a blue color and how microsoft news has a red background...