Windows 10: Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices

Discus and support Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is already in the middle of a very complex plan to bring more affordable devices running modern Windows to the market, so it’s no surprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Sep 4, 2014.

1. z3r010 Win User

Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices

Read more

:)

z3r010, Sep 4, 2014

2. Audio Equaliser Not Working in Lumia 520.

No, the 520 does not support the equalizer function. End of subject. Low cost devices do not do everything the higher cost ones do. That's why they are lower cost.

Sven Johannsen, Sep 4, 2014
  3. Installing App on Micro sd

I doubt this will happen. I suggest you get a Lumia with more storage capacity. Also bear in mind that these low cost devices have low specs. If you are a gamer and uses lots of apps, the 520 is definitely not a device for you. Now, what I said also applies
    to low cost Android devices as well. So switching won't help. Instead, I recommend you get a Lumia 820 or above.

Linley Meslier, Sep 4, 2014
  4. Gornot Win User

Affordable PCs i.e. ancient dumpsters designed in the XP era. Probably xD

Gornot, Sep 4, 2014
  5. georgeks Win User
    Is it possible dire economic forecasts forced Microsoft's hand?
    After all, if you need new -and expensive-hardware to run an Operating System, why bother...

georgeks, Sep 7, 2014
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I like the idea that a new OS requires new/better hardware. It's how I justify the purchase of a new computer to my wife *Smile

But ... I also need one that will run on the old Dells and HPs that are donated to our Thrift Store.

Ztruker, Sep 7, 2014
  7. alphanumeric, Sep 8, 2014
  8. Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices

Yeah but it won't likely be old hardware. The processor requirements will preclude that (the whole NX, SSE2 business)

Jody Thornton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices - Similar Threads - Fully Focused Low

2. Office activation at a very low cost.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office activation at a very low cost.: Hi, This website claims such a low cost for genuine office and windows. https://www.digisoftmart.com/ Are they selling really genuine products? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-activation-at-a-very-low-cost/0ea883fd-946d-46b6-99e9-e3f7092001bd
  3. DirextX 9 low FPS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirextX 9 low FPS problem: Hello i have a problem with DX9 render, sins i get my 750 TI or any driver update. I have a low spec PC so i play some old games at last few months i have played only "Diablo 3" witch is DX11. Five days ago i have try to play Prototype 2 but i get stunning 12-13 fps, CS GO at...
  4. Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?: I'm enrolled at a community college and someone told me not to purchase Office 2019 for my new HP system. They said something about a free academic license that I can obtain, since I'm in school. Does anyone know anything about that. Money is a bit tight now since I bought a...
  5. Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?: I'm enrolled at a community college and someone told me not to purchase Office 2019 for my new HP system. They said something about a free academic license that I can obtain, since I'm in school. Does anyone know anything about that. Money is a bit tight now since I bought a...
  6. need low cost wifi router or print server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need low cost wifi router or print server: I have this HP 400 printer which supports USB and Ethernet only, no WiFi. My LAN is Wi-Fi based, and I would like to give all systems direct access to this printer via an IP address. So I need a low-cost box that supports WiFI and Ethernet. Also needs to work in bridge mode...
  7. MSFT to Release Low-Cost/Free Windows 10 with Bing branding

in Windows 10 News
    MSFT to Release Low-Cost/Free Windows 10 with Bing branding: Intel plans to launch a device running Windows 10 with Bing Microsoft is working with partners to bring cheaper devices to the market and help tackle the growth of Google Chromebooks, and part of this plan is Windows 10 with Bing, a special version of the new operating...
  8. Project Sopris takes aim at securing low-cost IoT devices

in Windows 10 News
    Project Sopris takes aim at securing low-cost IoT devices: Microsoft researchers are working on a new project aimed at trying to secure low-cost Internet of Things (IoT) devices. The Project Sopris team is "exploring the goal of security the vast number of low cost internet connected devices coming online," says the research page...
  9. Windows 7 to Windows 9 Upgrade to Cost $30 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 to Windows 9 Upgrade to Cost $30 – Report: Windows 9 will play multiple roles when it hits the market in early 2015, and in addition to providing users with a much more familiar working environment and new features, the new OS will also help Microsoft itself get over the Windows 8 failure. Recently, it has emerged...
  10. Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...

in Windows 10 News
    Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...: Now it’s a sure thing that Microsoft is going to significantly improve the desktop in Windows 9, but according to sources that revealed some of the other features to be part of this release, the Metro interface is also expected to get a major overhaul as well. The...