Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices

Discus and support Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Microsoft is already in the middle of a very complex plan to bring more affordable devices running modern Windows to the market, so it’s no surprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Sep 4, 2014.

1. z3r010 Win User

Read more

:)

z3r010, Sep 4, 2014
  2. Sven Johannsen Win User

Audio Equaliser Not Working in Lumia 520.

No, the 520 does not support the equalizer function. End of subject. Low cost devices do not do everything the higher cost ones do. That's why they are lower cost.

Sven Johannsen, Sep 4, 2014
  3. Linley Meslier Win User
    Installing App on Micro sd

I doubt this will happen. I suggest you get a Lumia with more storage capacity. Also bear in mind that these low cost devices have low specs. If you are a gamer and uses lots of apps, the 520 is definitely not a device for you. Now, what I said also applies
    to low cost Android devices as well. So switching won't help. Instead, I recommend you get a Lumia 820 or above.

Linley Meslier, Sep 4, 2014
  4. Gornot Win User

Affordable PCs i.e. ancient dumpsters designed in the XP era. Probably xD

Gornot, Sep 4, 2014
  5. georgeks Win User
    Is it possible dire economic forecasts forced Microsoft's hand?
    After all, if you need new -and expensive-hardware to run an Operating System, why bother...

georgeks, Sep 8, 2014
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I like the idea that a new OS requires new/better hardware. It's how I justify the purchase of a new computer to my wife *Smile

But ... I also need one that will run on the old Dells and HPs that are donated to our Thrift Store.

Ztruker, Sep 8, 2014
  7. alphanumeric New Member
    alphanumeric, Sep 8, 2014
  8. Jody Thornton Win User

Yeah but it won't likely be old hardware. The processor requirements will preclude that (the whole NX, SSE2 business)

Jody Thornton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices - Similar Threads - Fully Focused Low

Forum Date

Is This a FULLY Reliable Method to Recover from Ransomware?

Is This a FULLY Reliable Method to Recover from Ransomware?: Hello Everyone, I have lately read several websites that talk about the possible destruction of my computer resulting from a ransomware infection . . . which made me wonder if the method I have long expected to use would Actually be reliable! So I would really appreciate...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security Dec 9, 2017

How to fully backup Windows 10 hard drive without having to boot from?

How to fully backup Windows 10 hard drive without having to boot from?: I'm trying to figure out a free safe accurate way to completely back up a Windows 10 hard drive using a CD or DVD without having to boot into the OS. Is anyone aware of the best ways to do this? Basically if I wipe the drive, I want to be able to completely restore it....
Windows 10 Backup and Restore Mar 6, 2018

Windows 10 remembering last session, or not fully shutting down.

Windows 10 remembering last session, or not fully shutting down.: Hello, community. I would like to ask if there was a recently update that makes Windows 10 remembers your last session and open almost anything that you left opened after hitting the shutdown button. The issue, if it's one, is that a few days ago my computer started...
Windows 10 Support Jan 16, 2018

Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!

Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!: First post but this is driving me crazy. I can't find anyone else struggling with this. My laptop suddenly turned itself off and the battery was dead...properly dead. It would still work while plugged in but would sporadically turn itself off. So I ordered a new battery...
Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance Mar 1, 2018

Can't (fully) change foldernames

Can't (fully) change foldernames: Windows 10 I have inherited some files in several folders. I need to change the foldernames. I have changed the foldernames in the usual way (F2). But when I copy or move the folders elsewhere (to the same or other partition/drive) the resultant folder reverts to the old...
Windows 10 Support Dec 29, 2017

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available: I’m happy to announce the Fall Creators Update (version 1709) is fully available for all compatible devices running Windows 10 worldwide! Full availability is the final phase of our rollout process. When a new feature update is released, we begin by targeting a select set of...
Windows 10 News Jan 11, 2018

W10 won't shut down fully

W10 won't shut down fully: Hi, Win+x and type uu or right click the start button and use those power and shutdown options always work :/
Windows 10 Support Apr 4, 2018
Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices solved