Windows 10: Windows 9 to Put an End to “Big Mammoth Updates”

Discus and support Windows 9 to Put an End to “Big Mammoth Updates” in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is definitely going to bring quite a lot of changes to users worldwide, but one of the biggest modifications that Microsoft is expected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 7, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 9 to Put an End to “Big Mammoth Updates”

More

:)

labeeman, Sep 7, 2014

2. Mail for Exchange on N8

Also, think very carefully about synching your contacts. Every contact in your phone book could end up on your Outlook contacts at work! I've now got the mammoth task of deleting all those contacts from my Outlook account.

Ray.

Ray Hipkiss, Sep 7, 2014
  3. is Microsoft going to launch next version of windows phone this year? named windows phone 9?

Microsoft is going to support windows phone 7.5 and 8 till the end of this year??
    what's that suppose to be? is Microsoft planning a next version of phone named windows phone 9?
    if yes than what will happened to the consumers who just spend their big money on wp8?
    i'm a user of 7.8 and desperate to upgrade to wp8 just anyone tell me that anything comes from Microsoft will be a update for wp8 devices?

vipin singh, Sep 7, 2014
  4. Ztruker Win User

What does that do to Microsoft's revenue stream?

If they don't have a new OS to release every 3 years where is the money going to come from?
    Are they going to start charging for updates or at least for updates that deliver new function?

Ztruker, Sep 7, 2014
  5. LittleJay Win User
    My guess is that they will charge an annual subscription price. Time will tell...

LittleJay, Sep 7, 2014
  6. That's the feeling I get after reading that article too. They mention "like office 365" which is subscription based. So yeah, if they do that you'll end up paying if you want continued updates and upgrades.

I see a potential flaw with that though. Office 365 will run on just about any PC on the planet, Windows not so much. Some users are already stranded on Windows 8.0 with no way to upgrade to 8.1 because their processor doesn't meet the hardware requirements for 8.1. They can't upgrade even if it is free. Eventually More PC's will be unable to apply the latest update, what then? Some updates are prerequisites for any further updates. So what are you to do when you can't do the latest upgrade, buy a new PC just so you can continue to get updates?

alphanumeric, Sep 8, 2014
  7. Nuccii Win User
    The hardware companies will be jumping for joy!*Rolleyes

Nuccii, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 9 to Put an End to “Big Mammoth Updates” - Similar Threads - Put End “Big

2. Minecraft so wene i tried to sine ini put my Gmail end I put the code end all end went i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft so wene i tried to sine ini put my Gmail end I put the code end all end went i...: I was trying to find in end I did it said please check your Internet connection end I did have Internet so I don't know what happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-so-wene-i-tried-to-sine-ini-put-my-gmail/51b715f8-695e-46ea-8ea6-68417672a3c6
  3. Minecraft so wene i tried to sine ini put my Gmail end I put the code end all end went i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft so wene i tried to sine ini put my Gmail end I put the code end all end went i...: I was trying to find in end I did it said please check your Internet connection end I did have Internet so I don't know what happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-so-wene-i-tried-to-sine-ini-put-my-gmail/51b715f8-695e-46ea-8ea6-68417672a3c6
  4. Windows 10 version 1607 end of servicing on April 9, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1607 end of servicing on April 9, 2019: Windows 10, version 1607 for Education, Enterprise, and IoT Enterprise will reach the end of servicing on April 9, 2019. This means that version 1607, for these editions, will no longer receive security updates. Customers who contact Microsoft Support after the March update...
  5. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 End of Support on April 9

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 End of Support on April 9: Windows 10 version 1709 for Home, Pro, and Pro for Workstation editions has reached end of service on April 9, 2019. Windows 10 version 1709 for Enterprise and Education editions will reach end of service on April 14, 2010. By Windows 10 version, below are the availability...
  6. Could someone at Microsoft please put an end to the Windows 10 Update madness ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could someone at Microsoft please put an end to the Windows 10 Update madness ?: Hi, Updating Windows 10 has now become a stressful experience for many users. You never know whether the operation will succeed within minutes or if the update will again fail and if you'll again spend hours applying various fixes that never help anayway. Microsoft seem...
  7. Is there a big update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a big update?: Despite turning off my computer every night, Windows update kept telling me that I needed to restart so I did.. and now it doing what appears to be a very large update of the OS. Has anyone else seen this? 47570
  8. Windows Update stuck at 9%

Windows Update stuck at 9%: Please help guys. *cry 21633
  9. Big Windows 10 Update

Big Windows 10 Update: Starting to download now [img] 8844
  10. Biggest hurdle to overcome with Windows 9: The dead end

in Windows 10 News
    Biggest hurdle to overcome with Windows 9: The dead end: Information is beginning to leak about Windows 9, and the conversation has turned to how badly Microsoft has failed so far with Windows 8. It's being said that Microsoft is floundering, with Windows 8 even being compared to Vista. Some wonder how Windows 9 might turn things...