Windows 10: Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report

Discus and support Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It’s no secret that Microsoft wants Windows 9 on the market as soon as possible, and now it appears that the company is speeding up the development... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Sep 16, 2014.

1. z3r010 Win User

Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report

Read more

z3r010, Sep 16, 2014
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Good news in my book. One way or the other there's going to be an update.. New version of Windows(Win9) or another update to Win8.1. A "win, win" if I've ever seen one. *Wink

Sorry for the bad pun and the overused corporate slogan!

Jeff

:)

BunnyJ, Sep 16, 2014
  3. Is Windows 10 has a bug?

The Windows 10 RTM final release (which will be available starting July 29th 2015) is complete copy of the software that is designated as ready and fit for use in production environments. To reach RTM, a particular build has to go through a series
    of thorough regression test and optimizations to reach a level of quality satisfactory for production. Unlike pre-release builds of Windows 10 the Windows 10 RTM build does not expire.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 16, 2014
  4. Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report

Will downloaded games that are meant for windows 8 work with windows 10

The Windows 10 RTM final release is complete copy of the software that is designated as ready and fit for use in production environments. To reach RTM, a particular build has to go through a series of thorough regression test and optimizations to reach a
    level of quality satisfactory for production.

For example, Windows 7 RTM build 7600.16385 that build and was completed on July 22nd 2009. Another major difference between Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate) and RTM (in particular Ultimate), with the RC it goes into Reduced Functional Mode on June 1st 2010,
    bi-hourly shutdowns will begine March 1st 2010.

Another difference is, the RTM build does not expire.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 16, 2014
  5. z3r010 Win User
    It's only a re-branded Windows 8 with a start menu and a few other minor bits, I doubt it will need much testing.

z3r010, Sep 16, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Interesting. Now could it be possible to get Win9 out for the end of the year??

BunnyJ, Sep 16, 2014
  7. They way that M$ is talking there will be add on module updates. Presumable the core of the OS is pretty much the same as 8 but with some enhancements. The way I think it will go is these modules will contain add on features which may or may not be free. Media Center comes to mind. Maybe an Aero module or even Dream scene animated desktop or Bitlocker Modules. May be an Office DTP or Photoshop Modules. Systems enhanced for performing these tasks.
    It is entirely possible the core OS could be really cheap or a free upgrade from XP and above and add ons to be chargeable and have their own product keys. Just like Window 7 from Home Basic up to Ultimate. There could even be a gamer module with enhancements to the OS for games maxing out performance. A Module for Virtual machines. You could possible have the lot and enable and disable them on a smart reboot back to a lower power mode running the CPU at slow speeds for surfing and listening to music. I see this as highly possible.
    You could put the lightweight core OS on an old XP machine and have a super OS on your expensive current tower. The idea I think is to kill off any competition and monetize the systems with add on packs. The media pack say could have a tom of themes, wallpapers, sounds and the ability to play Blu Rays and DVD's. These would have to be fairly cheap and cover most PC's in the house. Now the Enterprise Version would most likely have none of the themse and distractions but need to be secure and encrypted and locked down in some cases.
    Interesting times. I for one would definitely pay for some or all of the extras if they were things I liked and needed.

Indianatone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report

1. Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report - Similar Threads - Reach RTM Late

2. 2014 Late model MAC Mini - Windows 10 for iRacing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2014 Late model MAC Mini - Windows 10 for iRacing: I'm looking to use Windows 10 on my MAC for an online game iRacing. Do I need to purchase Windows 10 or is their a basic free version that would allow me to run on Boot Camp? My MAC is up to date with Catalina Reason I ask is that I keep trying via the latest download from...
  3. Windows 9 Features, Price, Release Date [REPORT]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Features, Price, Release Date [REPORT]: Windows 9 was been a hot topic of discussion even before the launch of Windows 8. The current Microsoft OS is almost two years old, but it has failed to impress users. Though the updates improved on some of the features, the sales numbers were less than expected. Microsoft...
  4. manufacturers unhappy with late release of Windows 9

in Windows 10 News
    manufacturers unhappy with late release of Windows 9: Computer manufacturers are unhappy with late terms of the release of Windows 9 Asian device manufacturers are not welcome the fact that the release of Windows 9 will be held after the Christmas and New Year, that is traditionally the low season sales. As a result,...
  5. Windows 7 to Windows 9 Upgrade to Cost $30 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 to Windows 9 Upgrade to Cost $30 – Report: Windows 9 will play multiple roles when it hits the market in early 2015, and in addition to providing users with a much more familiar working environment and new features, the new OS will also help Microsoft itself get over the Windows 8 failure. Recently, it has emerged...
  6. Windows 9 to Reach RTM in October 2014 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Reach RTM in October 2014 – Report: Windows 9 is expected to launch in early 2015, but according to some new details, the company might actually complete the development process as soon as this year. Citing information provided by Windows leaker WZOR, Win8China is reporting that Windows 9 is scheduled to...
  7. Windows 10 reportedly hitting RTM in July

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 reportedly hitting RTM in July: Back in April, AMD CEO Lisa Su let slip that Windows 10 will hit RTM status by July. That statement is being corroborated by a well-known Russian leaker WZor, who revealed on twitter that the RTM is confirmed for July. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 6397
  8. Microsoft Delays Windows 9 News, No Info at BUILD 2014

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Delays Windows 9 News, No Info at BUILD 2014: Windows 9 is expected to be Microsoft’s next big update for the Windows product family and people close to the matter explained that the BUILD 2014 developer conference in San Francisco was the moment when the company was supposed to share some details on this new project....
  9. Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report: Microsoft is getting ready to introduce a new DirectX version, as the company has recently launched a teaser indicating that the unveiling could take place at the Game Developer Conference on March 20. The teaser page published on the MSDN blogs also displays the logos of...
  10. Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report: Microsoft's Windows team may share its high-level plans for its next-generation Windows 'Threshold' release at its upcoming Build developers show, according to a new sourced report. It looks like those Threshold tipsters were right on the money about Microsoft's...