Windows 10: Windows 9 to Reach RTM in October 2014 – Report

Discus and support Windows 9 to Reach RTM in October 2014 – Report in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is expected to launch in early 2015, but according to some new details, the company might actually complete the development process as soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 16, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 9 to Reach RTM in October 2014 – Report

More

:)

labeeman, Jan 16, 2014
  2. SueGoff Win User

Windows 10 upgrade can't open Microsoft Word doc

Ok, here are the answers to the 9 questions:

1. that is what is listed in control panel for what is installed. I believe it updates when a new version is installed? The actual app was deployed long before that.

2. October 2014

3. 2014

4. Brand New

5. Asus

6. KB3176493 is

7. KB3114340 is

8. neither is9. ccleaner was installed, but never used.

SueGoff, Jan 16, 2014
  3. Zimmaa Win User
    Proxy Server

1. october 2014

1b.ASUS

2. The week it was first released

3.Windows Update

4.McAffe, already expired

5.MBAM but it won't open

6 no.

7. Mcaffe free trial

8a. KB3147458

8b. Neither

9. no version 21,0,0,216 is

11. I have never used a regitry cleaner

Thank you for the quick responses

Zimmaa, Jan 16, 2014
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

Yes well I just found this Windows 9 Archives - Geek.com so it leaves me thinking where this is all leading to?? I do hope it isn't all about that cloud stuff and what is going to happen to the OS's we have now?? Its getting so hard to keep up with it all.:arg:

ICIT2LOL, Jan 17, 2014
  5. I personally have no interest in any type of cloud OS. It just doesn't fit in with what I want to do on a PC. It will be interesting to see what comes with (or doesn't come with) Windows 9.

alphanumeric, Jan 17, 2014
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes whatever happened to just having a Google on some interesting stuff?

ICIT2LOL, Jan 18, 2014
  7. bigseb Win User
    View attachment 518

bigseb, Jan 18, 2014
  8. Windows 9 to Reach RTM in October 2014 – Report

The problem I'm seeing with yearly releases of Windows is this: people still freak out about upgrading Windows because it seems too "technical." It's a pain the crotch to be upgrading and reinstalling Windows every year. Upgrading is still too murky to do as many here can attest to, and doing a clean install is a tedious process.

Besides, the average person isn't keen on doing so for some reason yet anyone with an iphone doesn't even flinch at updating to the latest release of ios with or without bugs. When it's Windows, there is ALWAYS hesitation.

Coke Robot, Jan 20, 2014
  9. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well my upgrades from 7 to 8.1 on one of the laptops and one of the deskys went as smooth as, but I reckon we hear more of the horror stories than we do the good ones because simply there has been no problems.
    All the same I wish they wouldn't keep switching it about so often it does get rather monotonous.

ICIT2LOL, Jan 20, 2014
  10. A Guy Win User
    I think a lot of problems stem from updating. A clean install of the new OS is less problematic.

A Guy, Jan 20, 2014
  11. I'll take a clean install over an in place upgrade any day of the week. The problem is even if you want to do that, and know how, you can face one big road block, namely install media. If you have a PC with Windows 8/8.1 pre installed by manufacturer you don't usually have any disks and the best you can hope for is to make recovery media. Microsoft won't sell you just the DVD, and the only legit download around from them requires a Retail key to get the files. If your OEM PC came with Windows 8 your stuck with refreshing 8 and updating to 8.1 though the store. Not an ideal situation if you ask me. If the store update has issues then it's a wash, rinse, and repeat, type of scenario until you get it right. The hidden OEM embedded keys add another wrinkle to it to. They are not making it easy for the average Joe to do it so it shouldn't be a big surprise when you see people being reluctant to try it.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 9 to Reach RTM in October 2014 – Report - Similar Threads - Reach RTM October

2. AdDuplex Windows 10 Report for October 2020 available

in Windows 10 News
    AdDuplex Windows 10 Report for October 2020 available: Windows 10 October 2020 Update 20H2 rollout starts. Windows 10 OS Worldwide (PCs) [img] October 2020 Update just started rolling out and it's too early to make any assumptions about its rollout velocity at this point. In the meantime, May Update becomes the most used...
  3. Windows 10 version 1703 reaches end of life on October 9, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1703 reaches end of life on October 9, 2019: The Enterprise and Education editions of Windows 10, version 1703 (the Windows 10 Creators Update) will reach end of life on October 9, 2019. The Home, Pro, Pro for Workstations, and IoT Core editions reached end of service on October 8, 2018. There is no extended support...
  4. Build 17763 could be the Windows 10 October 2018 Update RTM candidate

in Windows 10 News
    Build 17763 could be the Windows 10 October 2018 Update RTM candidate: Windows 10 Build 17763 is now available for Slow Ring Insiders and the rumour has it that this could be the RTM candidate for Windows 10 October 2018 Update. The same build number 17763 is shared across all other devices including the Xbox One and HoloLens. The availability...
  5. Advance Notification October 14th 2014 Security Bulletin

in Windows 10 News
    Advance Notification October 14th 2014 Security Bulletin: Today, we provide advance notification for the release of nine Security Bulletins. Three of these updates are rated Critical, five are rated as Important, and one is rated Moderate in severity. These updates are for Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, .NET...
  6. Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report: It’s no secret that Microsoft wants Windows 9 on the market as soon as possible, and now it appears that the company is speeding up the development process so much that the operating system could reach RTM before the end of the year. Microsoft hasn’t yet publicly talked...
  7. Windows 10 reportedly hitting RTM in July

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 reportedly hitting RTM in July: Back in April, AMD CEO Lisa Su let slip that Windows 10 will hit RTM status by July. That statement is being corroborated by a well-known Russian leaker WZor, who revealed on twitter that the RTM is confirmed for July. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 6397
  8. Microsoft Delays Windows 9 News, No Info at BUILD 2014

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Delays Windows 9 News, No Info at BUILD 2014: Windows 9 is expected to be Microsoft’s next big update for the Windows product family and people close to the matter explained that the BUILD 2014 developer conference in San Francisco was the moment when the company was supposed to share some details on this new project....
  9. Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report: Microsoft is getting ready to introduce a new DirectX version, as the company has recently launched a teaser indicating that the unveiling could take place at the Game Developer Conference on March 20. The teaser page published on the MSDN blogs also displays the logos of...
  10. Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report: Microsoft's Windows team may share its high-level plans for its next-generation Windows 'Threshold' release at its upcoming Build developers show, according to a new sourced report. It looks like those Threshold tipsters were right on the money about Microsoft's...