Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored

Discus and support Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; We already know that Windows 9 is very likely to revamp the desktop with a Start menu and minor tweaks that keep Metro elements in the touch-optimized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 25, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

More

:)

labeeman, Aug 25, 2014
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

Solution sought for non-working/non-flipping live tiles

Tiles on the start screen will only continue flipping for a set time after you've finished interacting with the screen. This is independent of the live tile updates and is by design (saves your battery and also stops the phone's screen from being distracting
    when you're not actively using it).

[ Pete ], Aug 25, 2014
  3. David Scammell Win User
    ExchangeOnline Mailbox with Windows 7 Phone

Hi Roy_chan78,

Currently, Windows Phone has a great resource on the Start Screen called Live Tiles. These are interactive tiles that not only open up apps, but can provide updated information and alerts. As is the case with e-mail, whenever you receive a new e-mail, the
    Live Tile for that e-mail account with display the number of new e-mails that have come in since you last checked your e-mail.

Additionally, you can not only pin your e-mail account to your Start screen, but you can also pin specific folders to the Start Screen, so you can visually see which folders have new information.

This is what I do and it works great!

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Aug 25, 2014
  4. HarriePateman Win User

Its nice, there thinking about how different users would like to use it!

HarriePateman, Aug 26, 2014
Thema:

Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored - Similar Threads - Revamp Start Screen

1. Start installation on one PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start installation on one PC: I'm in the weird position of having to reinstall Windows on a laptop with system password. So Boot Option not available. Is it possible to start install on one PC and finish it on another? 112760
  2. Start installation on one PC - finish on another?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start installation on one PC - finish on another?: I'm in the weird position of having to reinstall Windows on a laptop with system password. So Boot Option not available. Is it possible to start install on one PC and finish it on another? 112760
  3. Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!!: Hi there As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows 10 loading screen with the spinning white dots first appreas. I believe this problem first happened after a BSOD and have...
  4. HDD read starts very late!!

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD read starts very late!!: Hi there As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows 10 loading screen with the spinning white dots first appreas. I believe this problem first happened after a BSOD and have...
  5. Microsoft Account Device page revamped

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Account Device page revamped: When you own a lot of Windows 10 devices, it’s sometimes hard to keep track of them all and know the status of individual devices. This problem can now be solved, as Microsoft has just quietly rolled out a revamp to the Microsoft account devices page, now displaying more...
  6. Microsoft Announces Revamped Developer Center With New Capabilities

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Announces Revamped Developer Center With New Capabilities: Microsoft Announces Revamped Developer Center With New Capabilities [img] Microsoft has announced their new revamped developer center. The new developer center is a polished version of the previous one. Microsoft added many new features and capabilities to the...
  7. Windows 10 to Revamp PC Gaming as Well

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to Revamp PC Gaming as Well: In addition to the traditional desktop, which is going to receive a plethora of updates in Windows 10, the gaming side of the operating system will also be significantly revamped and we're going to find out everything about this next month. As we already reported to you a...