Windows 9 Will Be the Absolute Windows XP Killer

Discus and support Windows 9 Will Be the Absolute Windows XP Killer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is becoming a very anticipated product, not only for users, but also for those involved in the IT industry who want more Windows XP users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by frickinaj, Jul 12, 2009.

1. frickinaj Win User

More

frickinaj, Jul 12, 2009
  2. Solaris17 Win User

The people I know who still run XP will not be enticed to spend money on updating their systems until the old computer fails.

:)

Solaris17, Nov 19, 2008
  3. SkyKast Win User
    Wanting to create an Ad-Hoc network, but hosted network is not supported.

This solved my problem on a Dell XPS 9560 (2017).

The above link is dead, but the INF package is still available under the Support section of www.killernetworking.com

Download Inf Package, Unzip.

Uninstall the Killer Suite from add/remove programs

Uninstall the Killer wireless driver

Reinstall driver, choose location, navigate to Killer Suite > Windows 8.1

SkyKast, Nov 19, 2008
  4. SkyKast Win User

N9 release date?

Will the meego in nokia will be really dead ???

i heard that nokia will use windows 7 :S

SkyKast, May 16, 2018
  5. lacrumb Win User
    I know a few like that, they won't buy new until the old won't work anymore.

lacrumb, Jul 8, 2009
  6. Jord_J Win User
    What. . .get a new OS. . .why?. . .There is nothing wrong with the one I am using now. . .Win 95. . .*Thumbs

Jord_J, Jul 8, 2009
  7. mosheen Win User
    ^^ a lot of that going round, especially in my industry...

mosheen, Jul 8, 2009
  8. JanJan Win User

If computers weren't a hobby with me, I'd probably be the same way. My motto is usually, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". *Biggrin

JanJan, May 16, 2018
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    My mind set is if it isn't broke then figure out why then break it just to see if it can be repaired. . .something I like doing with an OS (any one of the many that are available). . .*Thumbs

10. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) Win User
    When I break things they seem to have a nasty habit of staying broken. *Tongue

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 8, 2009
Thema:

1. Windows 9 Will Be the Absolute Windows XP Killer - Similar Threads - Absolute Killer

2. can not play hitman absolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can not play hitman absolution: My laptop model no-MSI62MVR with windows 10 os. But i can not play hitman absolution in this laptop.please give me some procedure to solve the problem.i installed the game in my steam account....
  3. Absolutely ridicules performance from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Absolutely ridicules performance from Microsoft: Do the people working at Microsoft understand that we use our machines mostly for work and not just for gaming of social media purposes? I run a number of CAD systems and since Microsoft started this never ending Windows 10 update loop I have to uninstall my CAD programs on...
  4. Macrium Free - absolutely no reason to avoid taking backups 4 Mins !

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free - absolutely no reason to avoid taking backups 4 Mins !: Hi there With speed of modern computers and I/O devices there's really no reason to avoid taking backups -- so many problems could be avoided if people imaged their systems regularly. Here's a reasonable backup - base W10 system with Office 2016 installed and a few small...
  5. Being absolutely tortured by lock screen lock ups...please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Being absolutely tortured by lock screen lock ups...please help!: Ok I've been suffering this issue with Windows 10 for as long as I can remember, and it's stopping me using it as the primary OS. In short I have two, intermittent issues which nothing I do seems to resolve. 1: After waking up from sleep and typing my username password...
  6. RAID 0 Risky but for speed absolutely well worth it 400 GB in 71 min

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 Risky but for speed absolutely well worth it 400 GB in 71 min: Hi folks If you take back ups regularly (and you always should) then using RAID 0 IMO is really well worth it -- speeds up Disks considerably and you can add as many as you like to array (min 2). Of course it's risky because if you lose a disk in the array you lose the...
  7. Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine: Hi Have been trying to fix this problem myself for a while now but it has got unworkable and I just can't figure it out. I have two computers in the house - desktop is connected to router (D-Link DIR-655) via Cat5e, laptop via wifi. I work from home a lot and the...
  8. How do I gain absolute control over WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I gain absolute control over WindowsApps folder?: Hi everyone, I play a game available on the Windows 10 app store called World of Tanks Blitz and many of the community members create customized camouflage patterns that you can apply to your tank. The game has its own camouflage patterns, but the more tech-savvy folks in...
  9. Windows 10 development for absolute beginners

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 development for absolute beginners: The absolute beginners series is back for Windows 10. It doesn’t matter if you’re a pro dev or just starting out, there’s valuable content for everyone. If you’re looking for a faster pace content that dives deep, the Developer’s Guide to Windows 10 series may be for you. The...
  10. Windows 10 update, now absolutely nothing initializes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update, now absolutely nothing initializes.: Last night, my main PC installed an update on its own. This morning, I started it to find that it needed to configure the update, so I waited. When It rebooted, it came to this black screen about initializing watchdog service, and after it finished, that is where it would...