Windows 10: Windows 98 Theme

Discus and support Windows 98 Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know how I could get the windows theme called Mystery I always liked that theme with the big house and the moon passing across the sky... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jerrypc1, Apr 22, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

Windows 98 Theme

Does anyone know how I could get the windows theme called Mystery I always liked that theme with the big house and the moon passing across the sky above the house the cat running across the yard and the owl in the tree out front .also would it run on windows 10 .Thanks *Smile

:)

jerrypc1, Apr 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 GUI Tweaking

There's a few options. You can actually make it look entirely like Windows 8.1 if you really wanted to, all with a simple "theme" file (in fact, the same theme files used from Windows 98 onward).

I shared that theme file with the world a few weeks ago: Shawn Keene's on Twitter

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Theme Customization?

Yup, those are gone. Not sure if now or forever. The themes are as they are set.

You can customize the themes the way they were customized from Windows 98 up until 7: by opening it up in Notepad and adjusting the settings, but that's it.

Be sure to send feedback in the feedback app.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 22, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows 98 Theme

I can manage a static wallpaper only.

Windows 98 Theme [​IMG]

5. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thank you so much Arc I thought everyone had forgotten ..You are a great guy or as the young people say..."You Rock"

jerrypc1, Apr 23, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Well, I have never used windows 98. My computing started from XP (XP ==> Seven ==> Ten). I have done a google seh based on your description. *Redface *Redface

7. jerrypc1 Win User
    You did a great job I wish I could get the d/l of the screensaver that would work on my pc '\but you did the next best thing I can use it as a wallpaper. Thanks Again Jerry
    *Thumbs *Thumbs

jerrypc1, Apr 23, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows 98 Theme

*Smile

Get it then. Mystery.zip

Extract the zip. Right click and install the screensaver file.

Windows 98 Theme [​IMG]

And it works. *Biggrin Tested!

Windows 98 Theme [​IMG]

9. jerrypc1 Win User
    Arc I will have to say you are very very very good I have tried in so many ways to get that screensaver over the last 2 years and so many people have tried to help me I have had people to send me links from old 98 pc's they had but nothing worked I had really Given up . Why did I want this screensaver so bad you may ask .It has a very special memory for me now thanks to you I finally have It. You are a friend forever.Jerry
    *Thumbs

jerrypc1, Apr 24, 2016
  10. jerrypc1 Win User
    Arc I may be asking too much but since you were the one who found the mystery screensaver It was part of a windows theme you know would it be possible for you to find the wallpaper part of the theme with the mystery sounds. now if you don't have time or just don't want to do it that's okay because it was the screensaver I wanted anyway.and you are still the man for finding that .I was just wondering if the whole thing would still work together. Thanks either way.Jerry *Smile

jerrypc1, Apr 30, 2016
  11. flybynite Win User
    Not working on 14432.rs1 *Sad

flybynite, Apr 30, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    @jerrypc1:

OneDrive

Edwin, Apr 30, 2016
  13. jerrypc1 Win User

Windows 98 Theme

Thank you very much Edwin I D/L it and am running it now. It works great I don't know how you and Arc do .But anyway I have it now And I appreciate it.*Thumbs

jerrypc1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 98 Theme

1. Windows 98 Theme - Similar Threads - Theme

2. Restore windows xp default theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore windows xp default theme: I recently found my old Windows XP laptop, which I would like to use to play my old games, I found a CD ROM that I used to win from Nintendo, it was special Game Cube themes with custom icons, I used to like this and now I don't anymore. wanted to put it back, to my surprise...
  3. Restore windows xp default theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore windows xp default theme: I recently found my old Windows XP laptop, which I would like to use to play my old games, I found a CD ROM that I used to win from Nintendo, it was special Game Cube themes with custom icons, I used to like this and now I don't anymore. wanted to put it back, to my surprise...
  4. How to reset background colours or themes - Turned Pink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset background colours or themes - Turned Pink: Hi,The background in Windows 11 has changed to pink, how can I reset this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-background-colours-or-themes-turned/fee7678e-f324-40f1-a517-38354598de17
  5. How do I save a theme with a different wallpaper for my second monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save a theme with a different wallpaper for my second monitor?: I've entered the settings, set a different wallpaper for my second monitor, and saved it as a theme. When I change to a different theme and change back, the second monitor doesn't update.I checked the theme file and it does reference both images, so I'm not sure why the...
  6. How do I save a theme with a different wallpaper for my second monitor?

How do I save a theme with a different wallpaper for my second monitor?: I've entered the settings, set a different wallpaper for my second monitor, and saved it as a theme. When I change to a different theme and change back, the second monitor doesn't update.I checked the theme file and it does reference both images, so I'm not sure why the...
  7. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...: Let me explain: I have downloaded a custom theme from skinpacks.com which converts my Windows 10 to look like Windows XP. I have been using this as a way to fully convert my system to look and feel like Windows XP but with the functionality of Windows 10. I've been working on...
  8. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...: Let me explain: I have downloaded a custom theme from skinpacks.com which converts my Windows 10 to look like Windows XP. I have been using this as a way to fully convert my system to look and feel like Windows XP but with the functionality of Windows 10. I've been working on...
  9. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

10. Do themes override background selection

Do themes override background selection: I have a weird problem that I cannot get my Win11 theme selection to stick. Whenever my system comes out of sleep mode or restarts my background image is reverted to an image from a theme that, according to my installed themes, doesn't even exist on my machine. Why does my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 98 theme