Windows 10: Windows 98 virtual machines don't work

Discus and support Windows 98 virtual machines don't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It might have something to do with windows or my AMD ryzen processer I want to use windows 98 to experiment with stuff like working the internet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RandomTechGuy_312, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Windows 98 virtual machines don't work

It might have something to do with windows or my AMD ryzen processer I want to use windows 98 to experiment with stuff like working the internet and old games but for some reason, it just doesn't work I tried everything like enabling processer settings in VirtualBox or using stable settings. So I wonder if it's a problem with my computer or the software I'm using to make a VM but I used VMware and hyper-v obviously hyper-v wouldn't work because it only supports Windows XP and higher but for some reason for other people it worked Maybe I need to change some settings in my bios. Anyways If anyon

:)

RandomTechGuy_312, Oct 9, 2021

2. Windows 98 problem

why not try to use virtual PC and emulate windows 98 on a XP machine or did someone already suggest that?

brandonwh64, Oct 9, 2021
  3. erocker Win User
    Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 98 virtual machines don't work

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 98 virtual machines don't work

1. Windows 98 virtual machines don't work - Similar Threads - virtual machines don't

2. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine: Me want to go to Free Virtual windows thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/09a68db0-55fb-46e4-8ea2-2238cdaabe20
  3. Windows 98 virtual machines don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 98 virtual machines don't work: It might have something to do with windows or my AMD ryzen processer I want to use windows 98 to experiment with stuff like working the internet and old games but for some reason, it just doesn't work I tried everything like enabling processer settings in VirtualBox or using...
  4. Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working: I know the titles vague buy in my BIOS everything is enabled, and up until the last update I had no issues. Now both Ububtu for windows and Docker crash on start with an error about enabling virtualization in BIOS, which is done. Im not sure what readout would be helpful,...
  5. virtual windows machine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    virtual windows machine.: Hi all, I have a device that needs to be updated using a PC, but I only have a Chromebook. Would it be possible to use the windows virtual machine and update it while it's connected to my Chromebook?...
  6. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  7. virtual machines

virtual machines: I have windows 10 pro as my main os and i want a copy of the same os so i can play around with the system configurations without harming my main os. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machines/8896c12f-46cf-4120-a190-fb287326fdf3
  8. Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox: Hi, my name is Tyler Hansen. I am trying to download a Windows 98 virtual PC on my Windows 10 computer with the goal of being able to run all of my old CD-Rom games. I was successfully able to complete the setup for Windows 98 on Virtualbox 6.1 following a tutorial on...
  9. Virtual Machine

Virtual Machine: I recently installed Hyper-V on my Lenovo Windows 10 machine and am trying to set up a Virtual Machine. I saw Andre Da Costa's post on Groovypost.com in regards to this. His post was dated January 11, 2019. I have not been able to access the BIOS setup screen, as pictured...
  10. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtualbox 6.1 windows 98